First Night Dinner in the Steakhouse

rkacruiser

I am returning to Carnival for a Bahamas cruise aboard Carnival Liberty. I recall that there has been discussion concerning an advantage to having dinner at the Steakhouse that first night: a free bottle of wine or a bottle of wine at a reduced price. I don't recall which.

Is my memory correct? And, if so, is such an amenity still available? If the amenity is still available, does the guest get to select the wine or is it a bottle of the House wine?

Thank you for your information.

I have not sailed on the Liberty. On the ships I have sailed a free bottle of red or white is offered, or your choice from the wine list at half price. The latter is a good deal. I haven't tried the free ones.

Offer is good only in the steakhouse as far as I know.

Edited by bury me at sea
Added info.

We always eat in the Steakhouse on the first. The MDR is always a little chaotic. You get a bottle of white, or red for free on the first night. You can also purchase any wine on the menu for 1/2 price. The free wine is meh, so if you're a wine lover do the 1/2 price deal.

On the Liberty this week the choice was a bottle of Santa Carolina Merlot or Santa Carolina Chardonnay for the freebie the first night. Or, you could order any bottle of wine off the wine list at a 50% discount.

Edited by DebJ14

It'll be too soon.

Not to change the subject, sorry...

I haven't done the steakhouse on first night, but luck-of-the-draw we have done it twice on elegant night and I can say they have the same "half off any bottle of wine" deal on those nights as well - plus if you order the surf n turf you get a REAL lobster tail instead of the toddler tails in MDR.

We just had it last night. 3 night to Nassau on Valor which will soon be replaced by Liberty. Food was awesome, wine was...free. :)

We aren't connoisseurs..the red (merlot) was fine for us. We drank it all. And by "we" I mean she drank a couple sips and I had the rest. If she had cared at all I would have sprung for 50% off a Malbec but we saved the dough for other stuff.

Having a great time on Valor!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app

I am returning to Carnival for a Bahamas cruise aboard Carnival Liberty. I recall that there has been discussion concerning an advantage to having dinner at the Steakhouse that first night: a free bottle of wine or a bottle of wine at a reduced price. I don't recall which.

Is my memory correct? And, if so, is such an amenity still available? If the amenity is still available, does the guest get to select the wine or is it a bottle of the House wine?

Thank you for your information.

Bottle of house white or red. One bottle per table.

Wouldn't that hammer the Steakhouse? Would it be any of the additional cost restaurants, maybe?

Following, because I'm curious now!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

No other for cost restaurants on the Liberty. They do have the Chef's table though.

Edited by Computer Nerd

Past two cruises the Santa Carolina Merlot was the bottle offered. It is not an expensive wine (about $9 at Ontario LCBO stores) and it's actually a pretty nice little Merlot for the price. The 50% off on the regular bottles is also worth it.

No other for cost restaurants on the Liberty. They do have the Chef's table though.

On the Sunshine, there's Steakhouse, Chef's Table, Cucina de Capitano, and JiJi's Asian.

Trying to pick appropriately.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the replies! I am pleased to know that this amenity is still available. Knowing this answers the question as to where I will dine the first night.

I appreciate BTromeboneFrack's sharing their experience of getting the free bottle and purchasing a bottle of quality wine using the discount to take with them. I will try that when I sail.

On the Conquest last year, we got a free bottle with dinner, then purchased a bottle of Dom Perignon at half price, brought it back to our room, and enjoyed it on our deck later in the week.

What a great idea!! I am going to do this in March!!! Many, many, thanks!

Per couple actually. Some tables can accommodate 4-6 people or more depending on ship. Have seen tables of 4 with 2 bottles.

The rules stated by the workers at the Steakhouse is one bottle per table. Granted, if you complain about it in most situations they will grant 1 bottle per couple but it will not be automatic and it may be denied depending on who yo are talking to.