Caribbean Princess issues??

Sea and Me

If there is anyone who has been on the Caribbean Princess recently have there been any issues?? I read a while ago that the smell of sewage was in the "air". Did any of you experience anything that would make one think twice about booking this ship??

Thank you in advance for your response. Have a nice day.:)

We sailed 10/21 on Caribbean Princess to the Panama Canal. Princess claims to have put $8 Million into renovations, however, none of this money ever touched any of the cabins. They updated the buffet area on Deck 15, put in all new video boards, painted the sea witch on the bow, new carpeting in public areas and added Steamers and Planks (upcharge)

Our room was filthy. Before we could unpack I had to wipe out all of the drawers and we never took our clothing out of the packing cubes; the bathroom was the worst....yes there was a horrible smell; the tiles were coming up from the floor and the grout was moldy. The furniture on the balcony was falling apart and had white paint speckles all over it.

We liked the itinerary; the Panama Canal was wonderful. The entertainment was top notch.

We were on the CB for 27 days, Sept.10-Oct. 7, London to Ft. Lauderdale. We found the ship pretty, clean, in good repair, activities well organized, staff friendly & helpful. Our cabin & bathroom were spotless. We never experienced an objectionable smell. I would not hesitate to sail on her again.

We were on the CB for 27 days, Sept.10-Oct. 7, London to Ft. Lauderdale. We found the ship pretty, clean, in good repair, activities well organized, staff friendly & helpful. Our cabin & bathroom were spotless. We never experienced an objectionable smell. I would not hesitate to sail on her again.

Thank you for the positive comments. We will be on this ship for the first time next year going to Panama Canal. Won't be discouraged by the negative comments. Looking forward to new experience.

we were previously on the Caribbean Princess - I noticed a major carpet malfunction in our room.

Had to be about 3 inches of carpet that had frayed. It was on my side of the bed and it starred at me all night. Completely ruined our cruise.

We were on the CB for 29 days ending in October and didn't notice any of those issues. We were in a balcony cabin and yes, there were some signs of rust in a few places, but all in all, it was in good shape for her age. The monies spent were in the areas sited in addition to the configuration for Ocean Medallion. Not enough time in the dock to re-do everything, but yes it needs some more work.

I am booked on 1/13/18 cruise and have similar concerns. Could the nice people who had issues and responded post their cabin numbers....we have a nice midship balcony, but would try to move if our cabin was one of the unlucky ones...thanks,😎

Our 10/7 CB 14 day cruise was great. We found the ship to be in fine shape. Our Caribe balcony stateroom was clean with no problems. Sure, you could find some rust if you were looking for flaws but we weren't concerned. Our only problem was our next door neighbor smoking on the balcony until we called security and they left their balcony light on all the night so watching the stars was a challenge. We're booked on her again in September.

We sailed 10/21 on Caribbean Princess to the Panama Canal. Princess claims to have put $8 Million into renovations, however, none of this money ever touched any of the cabins. They updated the buffet area on Deck 15, put in all new video boards, painted the sea witch on the bow, new carpeting in public areas and added Steamers and Planks (upcharge)

Our room was filthy. Before we could unpack I had to wipe out all of the drawers and we never took our clothing out of the packing cubes; the bathroom was the worst....yes there was a horrible smell; the tiles were coming up from the floor and the grout was moldy. The furniture on the balcony was falling apart and had white paint speckles all over it.

We liked the itinerary; the Panama Canal was wonderful. The entertainment was top notch.

Goodness! What room were you in?

Sfk129,

sorry to hear about your room. Did you call and ask for someone to come down and clean it?

Glad your were able to enjoy the itenerary. Did you spend any time in Crooners? We board in 3 weeks and wondering if Robb and Rose were still bartending. Thanks

We were on the 10/07 14 day cruise & yes the good & the bad. Overall the renovation was very good in the main area`s, the cabin only received new bedding & great towels, the rest was not done but our cabin on C704 was kept immaculate by our steward. The problem was at night with the new comforter although very nice it was very hot at night when the air is turned down, making it very uncomfortable. Breakfast in the buffet was better, coffee was surprisingly very good & the omelet station changed to make it fantastic. Lunch & dinner in the buffet was another story, mostly not good, selection very limited & a desire to go for pizza which I must say was fantastic, the staff their knew how to make pizza, right toppings & cooking to perfection. I`m sure Princess will get their act together & make it a right as living in Florida I hope to cruise again on this fine old Dame.

10/31 Cruise. Mini suite on dolphin. Room was immaculate and kept that way. Rest of the ship was also very clean. No odors. Had a helicopter evacuation. Was kept very informed by the captain. Staff very pleasant. Most meals were very good. Some menus not to my liking. I never went hungry. Have fun you're on vacation.

The cruise itinerary was great, food was good as was their service.The cruise staff were wonderful as were the deck parties.

I wish we had more time in Cartegna, Columbia.

Sometimes there was a foul smell in the hallways and public bathrooms.

During the 2nd to last sea day we lost electrical power and the ship listed. We had no lights, nor elevator service. The captain kept us informed during the mechanical failure which the engineers fixed. I am not sure if this is due to the issue with the slower speed due to engine issues or this was different.

It was a great cruise other than loss of power-I think they should make sure the ship is in good working condition before sailing again.

We did the Trans Atlantic 22 Sept to 7 Oct. Overall we had a outstanding time cruising on the Caribbean Princess.

Were there minor problems? Yes. Did they impact us in any serious way? No.

The toilet in our cabin stopped working in our cabin and quick call to the Passenger Service desk told us it was passenger related. Someone caused a blockage of the pipes.

One Elevator was closed down for repair. Rode the unit next to the one under repair.

Food in the Buffet was "average" to "not good", however we did not ever go hungry. And, we did suffer from shrinkage of our Clothes from the sea air. :D Do believe the reduction is caused by the bean counters at Princess Hq in an effort to keep the price down to attract customers. We noticed the same thing on the Ruby, Alaska, in May this year.

Our Cabin was in good order and our steward worked hard to provide good service to us.

Did the lower speed impact the cruise? No. We averaged 18 knots which would probably have been normal anyway to conserve fuel.

Did the port changes impact us in any way? No. We had great tours at the new ports.

To sum it all up, we had a great time and where very happy we went.

Bob

We were on this ship 10/7 to 10/21. The ship was in great condition. We didn't have any issues. The only thing I would say is that the Buffet is not great for lunch or dinner.

Just back from 10 nights (Nov.10th). I enjoyed the ship and the staff was excellent as well as our ports of call.

BUT I do have to agree the Food was Awful. Both in dinning room and the buffet. Food was tasteless had no flavor. Everything was very bland. Don't think they know about spices and how to use them. And very little menu change always the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I would of called the Room Steward Supervisor. It sound like the room was never cleaned on the turnover. I have never had your experience with any of my Princess Cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

We are Elite passengers and did the 27 day UK and Transatlantic to Fort Lauderdale in Sept/Oct. the propulsion problem didn't bother us but we had big concerns with our cabin. We had almost no A/C when we needed it, my husband killed a cockroach one morning and even tho the bed and bedding was wonderful, the carpet was frayed and balcony was rusted to the point of seeing large holes.

We had Club Dining and the entire staff was wonderful. The food was great, even in the Buffet.

My husband was upset with the $50 refund over canx of some ports.

• 1 month later...
We were in D420 on Caribbean Princess (14 day circle) last week (Jan. 2018) and had no problems whatsoever. (y)

Very happy with the ship and have her booked again for January 2019. :D

Well that's good to hear, just hope she lasts to scheduled drydock..