Excursion companies

markfull

Does anyone have experience of 3rd party excursion companies (cruisingexcursions.com et al)?

Are they any good, cheaper etc?

Doing TA on Britania in October.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We used cruising excursions when we were on Oceana last year and also a few years ago when travelling with RCI. Both times happy with the service and definitely cheaper than P & O.

Does anyone have experience of 3rd party excursion companies (cruisingexcursions.com et al)?

Are they any good, cheaper etc?

Doing TA on Britania in October.

Thanks

Hi Mark I have just realised that we were on the same TA cruise on Azura in October/November 2014. Did you do the beach trips arranged by Pat and Scott?

Hi Mark I have just realised that we were on the same TA cruise on Azura in October/November 2014. Did you do the beach trips arranged by Pat and Scott?
No we didn't, but they sounded good! Thought I recognised the name!

Hi Mark

They were really. We were hoping they would be on this cruise again but they are not. We will probably just do our own thing in each port - we will see. So looking forward to this cruise - we loved it last time :)

I have done quite a few private excursions. They haven't necessarily been cheaper but we have seen more in the same time and a small group is nicer to be with. Just make sure they carry insurance to get you back to the ship if you miss it (very rare) and also will refund you if the ship doesn't make port.

Booked cruising excursions in Tenerife and Gran Canaria as they confirmed that they are happy to take folding wheelchairs, could not get a definitive answer from P and O.

Using Hercules tours in La Coruna, brilliant price and great reviews.

We will do our own thing and just wander in other ports.

Half the fun for me is the pre-cruise trawling the ports online to see what I can find. We are getting the train to Pisa from Livorno in April. Not been to Pisa and have already spent a week in Florence. I think the train fare is about 6 Euro and it takes about 25 minutes.

I have used http://www.viator.com in the USA for helicopter tours and they were backed by reliable local owner operators. You select the country, then town and can access the details of a multitude of diverse operations from tours and arrangements for a couple in a private car or similar for half a day right up to tours lasting a week.

Regards John