Pride dry dock??

ALS1214

We don't mind the decor but wonder what the plans are. When we sailed on the Pride in January the officers said they were working on the plans but could not release any info. We sail again October and will ask, but hoped to read some info prior to sailing. Also, I wonder if CCL is keeping Baltimore as a home port since no schedule is posted past April 2020. We hope since it is only a three hour drive for us.

I have never been on the Pride so maybe I am wrong, but I am planning to go on it next April. I have been watching some cruise vlogs and it sort of had a "museum"vibe to me. It may be beautiful in real life. People seem to love it so I may be way off.

We don't mind the decor but wonder what the plans are. When we sailed on the Pride in January the officers said they were working on the plans but could not release any info. We sail again October and will ask, but hoped to read some info prior to sailing. Also, I wonder if CCL is keeping Baltimore as a home port since no schedule is posted past April 2020. We hope since it is only a three hour drive for us.

I hope they keep it as a home port. I live in Boston and while we have a seasonal port here NYC is ridiculous to park . Baltimore is longer drive but parking is better priced.

I actually like the Pride’s decor. I found the Conquest to be too “museum-y”... (if that’s actually a word)

I got a real kick out of the decor in the Pride’s Beauties lounge. But I never saw anything going on in there to enjoy it.

Love the Pride...Was on 3X this year and going again twice before the end of the year...I don't pay attention to decor on ships any more than I'd pay attention to decor in someone's home......

Show me a fun time, I'm happy!

Drydock is Feb...don't know what's planned.:D:D:D

I am on the Pride mid February 2019 when it the Drydock scheduled?

I really hope they keep it in Baltimore as I live in DC it is so easy to get to without having to worry about flying and weather issues and or delays related to that

I am on the Pride mid February 2019 when it the Drydock scheduled?

I really hope they keep it in Baltimore as I live in DC it is so easy to get to without having to worry about flying and weather issues and or delays related to that

Drydock is Feb. 5th - 16th...

This October will be our 9th Pride cruise. We like the decor and the Sprite class layout. It is very easy to walk anywhere on the ship in short order. During the dry dock I hope they are planing to complete the stateroom upgrades as in the Sunrise project.

Baltimore is a great port, we have sailed in spring, winter and fall. Weather has sometimes been an issue but we have had weather issues on other ships leaving from the southern ports. So for us that is not the issue. We like that it is 3 hour drive and don't have to deal with airlines or airports. Parking is a breeze and is on site right next to the ship and is reasonable priced. As I said in my earlier post I truly hope CCL remains in Baltimore full time.

Other than Panorama (through December 2020) and a few Australian cruises, nothing is open for booking past April 2020.

From what I have seen on Carnival’s Facebook page from their customer service reps, the Summer of 2020 should open for booking in September.

The Miracle will have a San Diego to Miami sailing in February 2020, so it is possible Miracle will replace Pride in Baltimore, but obviously nothing has been announced.

Keep in mind there is a new ship coming out in August 2020, so the fleet may get a major shuffling.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

Just don't book a 4K room. The french doors are coming out during dry dock and windows are going in.

Karen

I am scheduled on the February 17,, 2019 sailing and have a 4 K obstructed french door is what the booking says.

You can't open the doors anyway or at least we couldn't on our last Pride cruise.

Interesting I thought part of their use was that they could be opened? Oh well, we have them booked for January, still at least gives light and costs less than the oceanview did.

Overall the ship decor is outdated, and the theme is oddly rather dark. I would like something a bit more colorful, cheerful. Last time we really noticed how areas just could use a bit of a touchup. I for one would love to see Carnival put a different ship out of Baltimore, just to give us a tiny bit of variety. Other than the journey's cruises I don't think I would do a regular 7 day cruise out of Baltimore again, unless they put in a different ship.

Interesting I thought part of their use was that they could be opened? Oh well, we have them booked for January, still at least gives light and costs less than the oceanview did.

Overall the ship decor is outdated, and the theme is oddly rather dark. I would like something a bit more colorful, cheerful. Last time we really noticed how areas just could use a bit of a touchup. I for one would love to see Carnival put a different ship out of Baltimore, just to give us a tiny bit of variety. Other than the journey's cruises I don't think I would do a regular 7 day cruise out of Baltimore again, unless they put in a different ship.

Curious which ship you'd like to see replace the Pride? Ecstasy...Fascination....ships like those?

Curious which ship you'd like to see replace the Pride? Ecstasy...Fascination....ships like those?
It would have it be a Sprite or Fantasy class ship due to the bridges you have to sail under. Anyone would be good for us. But think CCL's contract is ending in Baltimore in 2020. So I hope they renew.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

I think the Pride has my favorite decor of the ships I've been on. I've seen some people describe it as the "Haunted Mansion" ship-and there are parts that are reminiscent of it. I really liked the ship and the way it was designed and I kind of hope they don't do a major style revamp on it.

Any of the other ships within the same class as the Pride. I assume the Spirit, Legend and Miracle are the same class and should be the same size. Don't see why they couldn't shuffle those around, just to give us a little different decor, etc.

I like the overall size of the ship and we have always had wonderful service on the ship. Just overall we will have our 3rd cruise coming on the ship and I would just love a bit more ability to see and sail some of the other ships but having something a little closer to home.

I've read this complaint several times, but really didn't notice it on our cruise. Maybe it depends on what areas you spend your time:confused: Sunset Garden/interior promenade seemed light and very colorful to me. Butterfly lounge was also colorful. I don't think atrium was colorful, but didn't seem dark.

I'm probably in the minority, but I preferred the Pride decor to what I remember of our first cruise on the Glory - bright pink and purple with gold. It seemed very '80s to us.

Any of the other ships within the same class as the Pride. I assume the Spirit, Legend and Miracle are the same class and should be the same size. Don't see why they couldn't shuffle those around, just to give us a little different decor, etc.

I like the overall size of the ship and we have always had wonderful service on the ship. Just overall we will have our 3rd cruise coming on the ship and I would just love a bit more ability to see and sail some of the other ships but having something a little closer to home.

Doubtful we'd see the Spirit relocated to Baltimore. It was refurbed a few years ago and moved to Australia. It was not given the same 2.0 updates many other ships have...something about it was redone to be more "appealing" to Australian pax. I also think I saw where one of the Legend or Miracle..don't recall which is being moved to Tampa. The layout of all 4 Spirit class ships is almost identical...outside of the decor. Seems unlikely Carnival would swap any of them based on decor, but who knows. Pride is very successful sailing from B'more...kind of a ain't broke don't fix it kind of thing. They almost really broke it back around 2014 when they announced they were relocating the Pride to Tampa...with NO replacement ship planned. Fortunately they reversed that decision, made some emission changes to the Pride and brought her back to B'more after basically spending the winter in Florida. We've sail on Pride I think 7 times now...last time she showed some wear and tear, but still one of our favorite ships. Would hate to see her replaced with a lesser ship...maybe another Spirit, but nothing less.

I've read this complaint several times, but really didn't notice it on our cruise. Maybe it depends on what areas you spend your time:confused: Sunset Garden/interior promenade seemed light and very colorful to me. Butterfly lounge was also colorful. I don't think atrium was colorful, but didn't seem dark.

I'm probably in the minority, but I preferred the Pride decor to what I remember of our first cruise on the Glory - bright pink and purple with gold. It seemed very '80s to us.

As someone else noted they think of the Haunted Mansion with the decor. Guess I am just not overly fond of the little cherubs, the gigantic David statue and all the Renaissance style paintings. I just have photos of candelabra's, dark chairs, red/gold carpet, dark wood, etc.

Now I don't mind the ship overall, I like the size, layout, staff. Just would enjoy something different. Our first two times we had even managed to get a suite, though this upcoming trip we have just the 4K (which will apparently become windows after our sailing). Though I think I will continue to stick with the journey's cruises out of Baltimore because at least the itinerary is different, which makes up for the same ship.

Doubtful we'd see the Spirit relocated to Baltimore. It was refurbed a few years ago and moved to Australia. It was not given the same 2.0 updates many other ships have...something about it was redone to be more "appealing" to Australian pax. I also think I saw where one of the Legend or Miracle..don't recall which is being moved to Tampa. The layout of all 4 Spirit class ships is almost identical...outside of the decor. Seems unlikely Carnival would swap any of them based on decor, but who knows. Pride is very successful sailing from B'more...kind of a ain't broke don't fix it kind of thing. They almost really broke it back around 2014 when they announced they were relocating the Pride to Tampa...with NO replacement ship planned. Fortunately they reversed that decision, made some emission changes to the Pride and brought her back to B'more after basically spending the winter in Florida. We've sail on Pride I think 7 times now...last time she showed some wear and tear, but still one of our favorite ships. Would hate to see her replaced with a lesser ship...maybe another Spirit, but nothing less.

The Miracle and Legend also don't have all the Funship 2.0 amenities like the Pride. The Pride needs to stay in Baltimore. Hopefully the next dry dock will have it nicely refreshed with a few extras like the better wifi.