Who is you favorite butler?

Leavethekidswithmom

8efd09887fb56121aeaabb0cfcf1d7bd.jpg

Teresa on the Jewel in February with my DH. She was so wonderful...delivering our favorite egg white omelets for breakfast, making sure we got "savories but not sweets" every afternoon, and magically appearing here and there at dinners and shows to make sure we were happy and well taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teresa on the Jewel in February with my DH. She was so wonderful...delivering our favorite egg white omelets for breakfast, making sure we got "savories but not sweets" every afternoon, and magically appearing here and there at dinners and shows to make sure we were happy and well taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Looks like a H5 coyboy. Our favorite room, had it twice on the pearl, the PERFECT room but our favorite might change after our next cruise. It is a SUITE room!icon12.gif

That Looks like a H5 coyboy. Our favorite room, had it twice on the pearl, the PERFECT room but our favorite might change after our next cruise. It is a SUITE room!icon12.gif

I'm the other half of LeaveTheKidsWithMom, the wife, Kellie and my vote should count too. Maxi! He's MY favorite! He was our butler on our second Haven suite and was AMAZING! Hoping we get him again in December! We've put in our request with the concierge desk if it helps. ;)

I have to agree, our H5 was PERFECT! So perfect we booked in the same room two cruises in a row. We decided on an H2 (DOS) for our upcoming cruise in December. While I've always wanted to ascend those 19 stairs and anticipate having our own hot tub, I can't image it could be as romantic as our

H5 was. I am looking forward to the panoramic view though.

Our first butler was Amit and he was great! He even remembered months later when we had a plain old balcony.

Then we had John d'Sousa - who is now a concierge. What a wonderful man! Loved him!

But last year we had Jennifer and thought she was fantastic! She was always checking on us. Never seemed to have any time off. She was there, virtually 24/7! She would also make a great concierge. :D

Amit was on the Pearl but has since left the company.

John was our butler for the GV on the Star.

Jenn was our butler on the Dawn last fall.

Another vote for Lanie

I would love to be her butler someday so I could spoil her the way she spoiled us.

A vote for Kris. I hope he is still around but he is so formal I had to keep telling him stop calling me Sir David. My first butler and gave us a tour of the room and how to operate the coffee machine, etc. He was on Sky in 2010 and then transferred to Epic. I used to read rave reviews about him. I wonder where he is these days.

For those who have loved their butlers, maybe I am being cynical, but did you tip throughout the cruise, or just at the end? I will be staying in the Haven for the first time next month, and I have an amount set as the baseline of tipping, and will tip up from there for good service. Just wondering if I should be tipping all throughout the cruise or wait until the end? Curious if timing of tipping is a differentiating factor for better service?

They are all fabulous.

That’s why they have this job.:D

ARNIE is without a doubt the very, very best. Hands down.

Romell on the Star Woo Hoo!

Madi on the Star - could not do enough for us.

I’ll come back after we have 21 days on the Dawn.

I’ll probably have more names to add.

Judy

Arnie made our cruise the best ever. Made sure that we had everything we needed or wanted and kept me supplied with oatmeal cookies.

Hi Bill!

I voted for Arnie too.

Welcome to CC!

You have lots of “Hi’s” over on this Dawn thread:

CORRECTION 11-7-2014 Boston to New Orleans (repo cruise)

Judy

Bagus was on the Star and incredibly gracious. He had the Balinese spirit that I grew to love so much when I lived overseas. I know he moved to another ship over the past year. We exchanged email addresses and when I contacted him to let him know we were returning to the Star in Oct if this year, he said he was returning as well and would see us then! Super excited and we did put in a request for him but understand that it may not happen. The concierge email stated they don't get their assignments prior to the cruise but our request would be confirmed upon embarkation.

We only tipped at the end and our service didn't seem contingent upon it. We of course made sure he was well compensated. ;)

We had Roel Gonzales on our first haven experience on the Epic in 2011. He was fantastic. He was so attentive with our girls. Flash forward 9 months when we went on the Gem and were walking down the hallway and there he was! He was awesome and immediately asked where our girls were (home! LOL). He wasn't our butler on the Gem but he did go out of his way a few times for us. He would just pop up and help! He was attentive and genuine without kissing our butts. It was so genuine. I learned he went to the Dawn to help train other butlers. I'm not sure where he is now, although I believe he's still with NCL.

We've also had Roy (Gem) and Jonathan (Epic 2013), both were very kind but not over the top. Did everything we asked of them and were nice. But nobody was as great (for us) as Roel.

We had Roel Gonzales on our first haven experience on the Epic in 2011. He was fantastic. He was so attentive with our girls. Flash forward 9 months when we went on the Gem and were walking down the hallway and there he was! He was awesome and immediately asked where our girls were (home! LOL). He wasn't our butler on the Gem but he did go out of his way a few times for us. He would just pop up and help! He was attentive and genuine without kissing our butts. It was so genuine. I learned he went to the Dawn to help train other butlers. I'm not sure where he is now, although I believe he's still with NCL.

We've also had Roy (Gem) and Jonathan (Epic 2013), both were very kind but not over the top. Did everything we asked of them and were nice. But nobody was as great (for us) as Roel.

yes, Roel is also on the top of the best !

Bagus was on the Star and incredibly gracious. He had the Balinese spirit that I grew to love so much when I lived overseas. I know he moved to another ship over the past year. We exchanged email addresses and when I contacted him to let him know we were returning to the Star in Oct if this year, he said he was returning as well and would see us then! Super excited and we did put in a request for him but understand that it may not happen. The concierge email stated they don't get their assignments prior to the cruise but our request would be confirmed upon embarkation.

We only tipped at the end and our service didn't seem contingent upon it. We of course made sure he was well compensated. ;)

Thanks for the response! I don't want to hijack the thread, but since we are talking about the best butlers, wanted to see what was the norm. :)