NCL "significant price increase"

JAMESCC

Many NCL loyalists have flocked on MSC. If you check out their board, its full of NCL loyalists "jumping ship" because of higher NCL prices. However, NCL continues to fill its cabins and Haven cabins are even harder to get. With the bidding process, they will always sell out and near full price.

I keep saying someday the NCL bubble will burst and the pendulum will swing back the other way for customers. But it just seems to never happen ;)

I remember when the MSC Divina was launched in the US, some people we met on Norwegian bought a 9 day cruise on a discount cruise page for next to nothing and they loved it. We are still doing our research on food, entertainment, stateroom sizes etc etc....I can definitely see the appeal of some of NCL loyal cruises moving to MSC however they don't do Transatlantics :-(.

Edited by spanishguy1970
fixing my comment

Last that I checked no cruise line if forcing people to take a cruise. There are many cruise lines to choose from why do people think that cruise lines are not a business, supply and demand determines the cost of a cruise. Perceived value is subjective
And apparently a lot of NCL customers are exercising there free market right to choose other lines like MSC.

I just booked RCI Anthem of the season but we are kinda loyal to RCI but have sailed Breakaway. The prices are way high now so I discarded them when I found a suitable RCI cruise.

One thing is for sure, none of these lines are having trouble filling ships to the brim. It's a good time to be a cruise passenger in my opinion. Lots of options, lots of choices and cruises are the best bang for the buck as far as vacations go.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I can definitely see the appeal of some of NCL loyal cruises moving to MSC however they don't do Transatlantics :-(.

Not sure why you would say that, they very much do offer Transatlantic sailings.

For example, you can board the Divina in Genoa on Oct 6th, in Civitavecchia on Oct 7th, in Marseille on Oct 8th, or in Barcelona on Oct 9th for a Transatlantic sailing that ends in Miami on October 28th.

Not sure why you would say that, they very much do offer Transatlantic sailings.

For example, you can board the Divina in Genoa on Oct 6th, in Civitavecchia on Oct 7th, in Marseille on Oct 8th, or in Barcelona on Oct 9th for a Transatlantic sailing that ends in Miami on October 28th.

for some reason, i went to their page and i could not pick transatlantic. Now i see them...Thanks..

What do I think - well in relation to NCL rather than the other lines in the Corporation, they are already higher priced in Europe than the quality of their product deserves and once we've used our remaining cruise deposit on a 2020 TA I doubt we'll sail NCL again despite being at Platinum Plus level.

Just finished my first NCL cruise and I feel the same. Booked because NCL has a "value" image. Being on this board, I found out that it's becoming less and less true. After the cruise, it's definitely not a value. I'll keep an eye out because I still had a good time on my cruise, but I definitely will only cruise if the fare is an amazing deal knowing that they nickel and dime you to death and the free stuff isn't worth settling for compared to the competition's "free/included" stuff.