Adventure of the Seas Drydock - Any updates?

Thanks, that might be enough. The Freedom class has 4 in the WJ, 2 on each side and 2 on the Promenade and that seemed good for that size of ship. Although you would have to go all the way through the WJ to get to it? It's been 7 years since I've been on a Voyager class. Jewel has a Freestyle in the back, but there is a door there you can come in the back and not have to walk all the way through.

I haven't seen ones in the front of the WJ but I will double check. You do need to go through the WJ to get to the ones in the back and it's a bit of weaving in and out as there seems to be a propensity for people to start a big line at the front of the WJ.

Nice to see what I assume are new mesh chairs.

From my view of the AFT balconies, all of the non-suites have the mesh chairs. It looks like the suites have the wicker looking chairs with the thick pads. Pool deck has the old ribbon chairs. Solarium has the mesh chairs and the padded chairs with the red pads. There is a group of the striped beach chairs by splash away bay with a few umbrellas as well.

Can someone onboard please post the terms and conditions for using the 25% credit? I've heard it has to be used within a year, and can't be used on holiday sailings.

Not going to post a photo since they have been coming out terrible from my phone but we received a letter in our stateroom on the first day, apologizing and offering the future cruise credit. Details are 25% off based on your cruise date paid. No details on when you need to use it but it does say that the certificate can be combined with regular promotions for significant savings.

From my view of the AFT balconies, all of the non-suites have the mesh chairs. It looks like the suites have the wicker looking chairs with the thick pads. Pool deck has the old ribbon chairs. Solarium has the mesh chairs and the padded chairs with the red pads. There is a group of the striped beach chairs by splash away bay with a few umbrellas as well.

Wow, I hope you are enjoying your vacation while doing all this reporting. I still have a long winter to endure before being where you are.

First off thanks so much for the photos!

Second, I'll be honest and say that I don't think those carpets are "mishmashed." The two patterns that are shown have been used together on several other ships, and I personally think they compliment each other well. ;)

I was thinking the same thing. The hallway pattern looks like it matches the larger swatch of patterned carpet. I don't mind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not going to post a photo since they have been coming out terrible from my phone but we received a letter in our stateroom on the first day, apologizing and offering the future cruise credit. Details are 25% off based on your cruise date paid. No details on when you need to use it but it does say that the certificate can be combined with regular promotions for significant savings.

Thank you, this is indeed good news!

I also want to thank you for taking the time out to post photos and answer questions....we sail NYE and can't wait.....

If you know, did they eliminate the connoisseur club? Just wondering if that happened yet.....thanks

Would have loved upgraded rooms, but it is still a cruise!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Karen

dp203,

Would you be so kind to let us know what the current regular dining room menus are (maybe take some pictures if you are able?) I'm getting conflicting stories as to what the menus are. No need to post them while you are on your cruise as we are not cruising until next month.

Thank you so much! Enjoy your cruise!!

Paul

Those are the new, stripped down menus for Giovanni's. :( How very, very disappointing.

EDIT: Not only that, when I go into the cruise planner for the cruise I'm on this Saturday, it's *still* showing the older menu with the much larger selection of dishes to choose from.

So much for the "including Chops items" ... add cancelling that reservation to my list of things to do on day one ... Going to be a busy Saturday at this rate !

Thanks so much for all the great pictures!! Wonder if you could ask to see if they plan to phase in new decor and bedding in the rooms?? I know this was in the plans but again its unclear as to exactly what was scratched. Thanks again. Great job!! :)

I'm really interested to hear the answer to this question, too. How disappointing that they didn't freshen up the decor.

At this point it seems like there's more they didn't do in drydock than they actually did.

Thanks for taking the time to share your pictures with us. Can you find out when is Chop's opening?? We have two cruises on the Adventure booked, NYE and another one in June to celebrate my daughters high school graduation with a group of her friends. I appreciate all the pictures and updates. Happy cruising!:)

I asked at Guest Services and they said March/April for Chops opening. Hope that it is done faster for your NYE cruise!

Thanks for taking the time to post. If you have a moment (or anyone else onboard) can you tell me if they added a diaper friendly kid pool to the splashaway area?

Thanks in advance!

There is. Splash away bay is split into two little areas. One with a slide for bigger kids and then a small kiddie pool with a small slide for kids in diapers.

A2982E3B-11F6-4377-A018-11FC15A23299_zps3j9x9dyk.jpg

1E7D2E32-2020-40AE-A0E4-CC3DF2DB7143_zpsijavpz3v.jpg

I'll try to take a better picture of the area tomorrow.

dp203,

Would you be so kind to let us know what the current regular dining room menus are (maybe take some pictures if you are able?) I'm getting conflicting stories as to what the menus are. No need to post them while you are on your cruise as we are not cruising until next month.

Thank you so much! Enjoy your cruise!!

Paul

We haven't actually eaten in the main dining room (too tired from the sun) but I did snap these pics from the electronic directory of what I assume was tonight's dinner. Not sure if this was the actual menu though.

2A83E037-B590-4677-A950-5A63D641A6EC_zpsquqzvdu7.jpg

43659A8E-8FA1-4D04-ABB4-D38F20B6D011_zps44mvx8kr.jpg

A0861A67-6729-477D-8045-9DB076D7ED0B_zps6kqkj6kz.jpg

F5B3F2FF-E9DB-4AF8-8CFB-2329E8C44A3B_zpsxjne3zqi.jpg

C08135B1-2CD5-4F39-91F2-9398EB7154B3_zpstgfyvyia.jpg

There is. Splash away bay is split into two little areas. One with a slide for bigger kids and then a small kiddie pool with a small slide for kids in diapers.

A2982E3B-11F6-4377-A018-11FC15A23299_zps3j9x9dyk.jpg

1E7D2E32-2020-40AE-A0E4-CC3DF2DB7143_zpsijavpz3v.jpg

I'll try to take a better picture of the area tomorrow.

Yay!!!! Thank you thank you! We were hoping it'd be added before our cruise in Feb. we're going for my parents anniversary, so they picked the ship and this one wasn't the most child friendly when we first booked! Have a great cruise and thanks for posting!!!

I asked at Guest Services and they said March/April for Chops opening. Hope that it is done faster for your NYE cruise!

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all our questions. This is going to be our fourth NYE cruise on the Adventure and we like Chops a lot. Keep having fun and again, Thank you!!:)

Ok, so I just looked through the photos from our past two sailings on Adventure, I had to refresh my memory.

Here's what our Balcony Cabin (on the hump) looked like in 2008:

IMG_0876.jpg

Here's what our Grand Suite looked like in 2011 (no idea why my son is making that face LOL):

IMG_0613.jpg

It'll be interesting to see a few more details of what's changed.

Could you please post your balcony category (D2,D3 etc.) and cabin number. I have a balcony booked on the "hump" and didn't know it had two chairs and a couch. I am in 6616.

Could you please post your balcony category (D2,D3 etc.) and cabin number. I have a balcony booked on the "hump" and didn't know it had two chairs and a couch. I am in 6616.

I am certainly not questioning OP on their cabin category/pix....but if I had just been shown the pix and told to guess what cabin category I would have guessed the top pix to be a JS rather than a "balcony". (at least from the limited number of cabins we have seen😀)

I am certainly not questioning OP on their cabin category/pix....but if I had just been shown the pix and told to guess what cabin category I would have guessed the top pix to be a JS rather than a "balcony". (at least from the limited number of cabins we have seen😀)

I would have to agree.

Dave