Bayamo or Ocean Blue on the Escape?

Bklynjo

A recent fellow cruiser who just returned from a trip posted on another forum that Ocean Blue will be replacing Bayamo on the Escape. Is it true?

Could be. they don't have the partnership with Jose Garces anymore. They don't have a partnership with Pubbelly Boys anymore either. So while the name may not change, who knows what going to happen to Food Republic

Could be. they don't have the partnership with Jose Garces anymore. They don't have a partnership with Pubbelly Boys anymore either. So while the name may not change, who knows what going to happen to Food Republic

Oh please don’t change pincho tapas! We love that place

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On face book someone said the Bayamo menu changed to Ocean Blue this week. There were also a few changes to the Food Republic menu.

We're on the Escape on Saturday and will definitely check this out. We really enjoyed our meal at Ocean Blue last year on the Getaway. Although we were looking forward to getting some snacks at Pincho. We'll be okay either way.

We're on the Escape on Saturday and will definitely check this out. We really enjoyed our meal at Ocean Blue last year on the Getaway. Although we were looking forward to getting some snacks at Pincho. We'll be okay either way.

Please report back about Bayamo/OceanBlue. We have our reservations all set up for Bayamo in a few weeks.

Also, if you can, please get photos of new Food Republic Menu too. I love that place...hope they still have my favorites!

On face book someone said the Bayamo menu changed to Ocean Blue this week. There were also a few changes to the Food Republic menu.

That would be splendid ! (fingers crossed)

We're on the Escape 3/3, and ate at Bayamo last September -- and would not again. At that point Cheryl and I discussed about how we wished the place had been Ocean Blue!

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

WOO HOO !!

As of 2/18, here's the new Bayamo menu:

Wow, that is completely different. I wasn't planning on Bayamo (or Ocean Blue, lol), so it doesn't affect me, but I am REALLY looking forward to Food Republic. I hope there aren't any major changes to that before my 3/10/18 cruise. Does anyone have updates on Pinchos or Food Republic?

Save

Yes it does. Yassssssss! I am psyched. Anyone know what is changing on Food Republic? Or if Pincho is changing??

Food Republic has always been our favorite dining venue on Escape. I am hoping they don't change too much. We were so excited to see they will have FR on Bliss.

Food Republic has always been our favorite dining venue on Escape. I am hoping they don't change too much. We were so excited to see they will have FR on Bliss.

Just off Escape this morning and Food Republic's menu is about 60% new. Most of the sushi remains the same but they added many items including Firecracker Shrimp, Tonkatsu (pork loin with light mustard sauce that was my favorite thing), Lamb chops, squid, chorizo Scotch egg, beetroot croquettes, Korean fried chicken, prawn sausage, a few salmon dishes plus new desserts including a flan and assorted baklava with a rose pudding (didn't like that at all). Gone are some of my favorites: Buffalo shrimp, the banana bun and strawberry parfait. I tried a few things on the new menu and they were okay but I really miss the original items.

Tracy

Just off Escape this morning and Food Republic's menu is about 60% new. Most of the sushi remains the same but they added many items including Firecracker Shrimp, Tonkatsu (pork loin with light mustard sauce that was my favorite thing), Lamb chops, squid, chorizo Scotch egg, beetroot croquettes, Korean fried chicken, prawn sausage, a few salmon dishes plus new desserts including a flan and assorted baklava with a rose pudding (didn't like that at all). Gone are some of my favorites: Buffalo shrimp, the banana bun and strawberry parfait. I tried a few things on the new menu and they were okay but I really miss the original items.

Tracy

With the new itinerary on the Escape, on which we embark in ONE SHORT WEEK!, we were cut back to two sea days from three - thus only two days where we can hit up Food Republic for lunch. I'll be there both days, and order a nice assortment - no doubt there's still plenty of good stuff. I'll give the baklava a taste test for sure. :)

Tom

Please update us with FR, Pincho and Bayamo/OB when you get back. And have a great time!:):D:D

Pincho - never tried it, not sure if I will (have time) - but I'll definitely visit the others at least twice each.

As soon as the our shoreside concierge sent me the new menu, I asked for two nights in Bayamo - which was going to be our "anytime" nights (Haven dining), but it looks like now all 7 nights will be reserved.

Oh well - no excursions planned, so we'll be in cruise mode - drinks on the balcony each afternoon... likely sharing that real estate with some friends!! It'll be 5 o'clock somewhere, but that somewhere will be close at hand. :D

Tom

Tracy

Do you recall if they still have the Bulgogi Tacos, Fish Tacos, and DH's favorite Pub Sliders? (He would rather have them than a Margaritaville burger.)

I'm going to miss the Banana Bun, but guess I can try some new things....but Rose pudding does not sound good to me.

Thanks for the update! Will definitely try the Tonkatsu:)

Do you recall if they still have the Bulgogi Tacos, Fish Tacos, and DH's favorite Pub Sliders? (He would rather have them than a Margaritaville burger.)

I'm going to miss the Banana Bun, but guess I can try some new things....but Rose pudding does not sound good to me.

Thanks for the update! Will definitely try the Tonkatsu:)

I know the sliders are gone but I can't remember if they still have tacos. The rose pudding that came with the baklava tasted like a mouthful of...roses lol. I did not enjoy it, but some of course will.

Tracy

Tracy

Can you remember if the short rib dumplings and pork belly dumplings are still there?