Diamond Plus discounts that are somehow available to everyone

LidoBoy

I thought this would be an interesting thread. It drives me nuts when I notice a Diamond Plus benefit that is available to anyone in some form.

Here are a couple...

• FNDR for $15.00 = Diamond Plus Specialty restaurant BOGO
  • Deluxe Beverage Package + Surf Stream combo = D+ Deluxe Beverage Package - 30% + Surf & Stream with one time discount.

I know there are others... Add to the list.

I thought this would be an interesting thread. It drives me nuts when I notice a Diamond Plus benefit that is available to anyone in some form.

Here are a couple...

• FNDR for $15.00 = Diamond Plus Specialty restaurant BOGO
  • Deluxe Beverage Package + Surf Stream combo = D+ Deluxe Beverage Package - 30% + Surf & Stream with one time discount.

I know there are others... Add to the list.

Actually your wrong, sorry.:rolleyes:

so for those of us not diamond plus we dont deserve to save money?

That is correct. Plus you are obligated to bow and always step to the side if you see someone wearing a d+ pin. Any D+ers out there please forgive me for using a lower case d. FYI for fleihr, should you ever become a D+ you must always start a sentence with a capital and never forget your apostrophes when needed...happy cruising.

That is correct. Plus you are obligated to bow and always step to the side if you see someone wearing a d+ pin. Any D+ers out there please forgive me for using a lower case d. FYI for fleihr, should you ever become a D+ you must always start a sentence with a capital and never forget your apostrophes when needed...happy cruising.

Please forgive my ignorance lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I like to think that my loyalty does count for something.

Do I think I deserve something over others, no, but in the same breath, Celebrity tells me I do deserve something, so I take it if it is a benefit I like when it is offered.

I actually have struggled with the evening cocktail hour and traveling with friends who cannot attend. We typically skip the event and as such, really appreciate the ability ( read as THANKS! ) to get a drink from any bar if offered. It has 2 great positives: we get the drinks and not attend the event and our traveling partners get to see us get the drinks and that may motivate them to attain a higher level.

Last few cruises have been on Royal vs Celebrity. Next cruise is on Celebrity and with Premium Drink Package, so not sure we will attend again on this cruise.

I like to think that my loyalty does count for something.

Do I think I deserve something, no, but in the same breath, Celebrity tells me I do deserve something, so I take it if it is a benefit I like when it is offered.

I actually have struggled with the evening cocktail hour and traveling with friends who cannot attend. We typically skip the event and as such, really appreciate the ability ( read as THANKS! ) to get a drink from any bar if offered. It has 2 great positives: we get the drinks and not attend the event and our traveling partners get to see us get the drinks and that may motivate them to attain a higher level. Last few cruises have been on Royal vs Celebrity. Next cruise is on Celebrity and with Premium Drink Package, not sure we will attend again on this cruise.

I agree and I am only gold and I feel loyal customers such as yourself do deserve added perks. I just didn't understand the op issue with someone taking advantage of something like a cruise planner sale

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought D+ also got other perks than the ones listed by the OP. Ones far more exclusive than the ones listed...

Of course there are and the OP wasn't implying otherwise. He was just trying to identify those "perks" that don't appear to be perks anymore but I'm guessing this thread is not going the way the OP envisioned and probably now wishes he'd never started.

Of course there are and the OP wasn't implying otherwise. He was just trying to identify those "perks" that don't appear to be perks anymore but I'm guessing this thread is not going the way the OP envisioned and probably now wishes he'd never started.

Maybe the OP needs to be reminded of these other perks and not complain about items that don't personally effect his/her enjoyment of the cruise. Royal provides many other perks to their loyal customers.

If others can receive some benefit and I haven't lost anything in the process, then that is great for all of us.

M

I agree. However, the First Night Done Right has on occasion overwhelmed the specialty restaurants, making it difficult for some to redeem the BOGO coupon. Some ships still allow D+ to book on the first or second night and then use the coupon later in the cruise, but not all.

And yes, it's a first world problem. Pretty much every nit picked on CC is.:)

Maybe the problem is Royal's calling the benefit a D+ perk when, in fact, it isn't. It's Royal's prerogative to put items on sale as they see fit, and everyone loves to save $. Making 1st night premium restaurant meals available for 50% off for everyone doesn't hurt anyone, including D+ members. However, to pretend to D+ members that it's a benefit of loyalty is questionable.