Nonrefundable fares - WATCH YOUR RATE

tubasteve

What the heck? So it's OK that they just switch the rates and expect customers to find THEIR mistakes and spend any amout of time doing so and a customer is expected to just say *Hey - it's cool?*

Truly boggles the mind that the OP is getting drama for being put out about this?! RCCL has to be accountable for this type of error. Think about if this type of unreasonable mistake was made on other transactions in your life!

You have to make sure airlines, hotels, grocery stores, mortgages, car payments are posted properly???

I am shocked that even the biggest of *cheeleaders* can say it's OK and should not be a responsibility of RCCL to make it right and compensate their customers for time spent making sure their account is correct!!

Nobody is saying that it is not RCi's fault, or that they should not fix it. The issue people have is with the entitled attitude of the op claiming they deserve retribution. Would it be great if they got something- absolutely, but to go into it thinking they are entitled and then complaining about does not for with most people.

All about me, entitled people will be greatly disappointed in life and imo is not a great way to go through life. You will have a much better life just rolling with the punches, treat people nicely, don't throw a fit it if you don't everything you feel you are entitled to just because your time is valuable, and if a company comes through and gives you something, you will be nicely surprised.

What the heck? So it's OK that they just switch the rates and expect customers to find THEIR mistakes and spend any amout of time doing so and a customer is expected to just say *Hey - it's cool?*

Truly boggles the mind that the OP is getting drama for being put out about this?! RCCL has to be accountable for this type of error. Think about if this type of unreasonable mistake was made on other transactions in your life!

You have to make sure airlines, hotels, grocery stores, mortgages, car payments are posted properly???

I am shocked that even the biggest of *cheeleaders* can say it's OK and should not be a responsibility of RCCL to make it right and compensate their customers for time spent making sure their account is correct!!

I bet you voted for Bernie......

This thread is going to be deleted because CC is supposed to be Happy and it should be!, but before that, I just wanted to say that you folks that have turned this into a trumpesque soapbox make me sick.

A couple of years ago, my company calculated that my time was worth

$ 1,235 an hour to the company. So yes, time has value.

A year ago, I spent 1 1/2 hours with Comcast, resolving a recurring issue and yes I said " what are you going to compensate me for my time when they clearly admitted it was their fault. They gave me a $200. Credit to our next bill.

Some of you folks may think that your "Time" in worthless, but mine and the OP don't!

Edited by TNCruzer56

Wow, this turned into quite a mess.

I wanted people to be aware.

To those who think I stink of entitlement, keep taking it up the keister from corporations. They love suckers like you.

Seeing how many people have already been affected by this makes me feel even more justified in asking for some perk. I didn’t ask for a suite or an upgrade, just something for my wasted time. My OBC isn’t restored so I’ll have to contact them again.

Sad how negative this place has become.

Thanks for the support. Rough crowd on here nowadays.

Amen. My time is valuable and it never hurts to ask.

I flushed out an error with an auto manufacturer after doing some research on a new vehicle I’d purchased. This prompted them to begin producing and applying a correct payload sticker. I asked to be compensated for my trouble and wound up with a 2 year maintenance contract. Win-win as that gesture made it worthwhile to help them realize their problem.

This thread is going to be deleted because CC is supposed to be Happy and it should be!, but before that, I just wanted to say that you folks that have turned this into a trumpesque soapbox make me sick.

A year ago, I spent 1 1/2 hours with Comcast, resolving a recurring issue and yes I said " what are you going to compensate me for my time when they clearly admitted it was their fault. They gave me a $200. Credit to our next bill.

Some of you folks may think that your "Time" in worthless, but mine and the OP don't!

Man, you caught me. I hacked their system to remove the promotions from my booking as part of an elaborate grifter scheme wih my network of sophisticated grifter pals. Please don’t call the FBI :')

Grifters gotta grift.

Fascinating...as its hard to believe ANYONE's time is worth that much compensation no matter what they do. But if you can get someone to pay it....good for you.

Then again... since mistakes happen all the time in nearly any business...there are plenty of folks here on this site who look at problem resolution as a virtue, not a revenue stream.

You will rarely ever be compensated for what your time is actually worth by calling them to resolve issues however even a small gesture (without having to be asked) on the companies part goes a long way in restoring positive relations between the company and the guest.

In Royals case it could be something as small as offering a bottle of wine delivered to the guests stateroom on boarding day. That $2-$4 wholesale price for a bottle of wine would be money well spent by Royal and just acknowledges that they screwed up which in most cases is what the customer wants to hear.

You will rarely ever be compensated for what your time is actually worth by calling them to resolve issues however even a small gesture (without having to be asked) on the companies part goes a long way in restoring positive relations between the company and the guest.

In Royals case it could be something as small as offering a bottle of wine delivered to the guests stateroom on boarding day. That $2-$4 wholesale price for a bottle of wine would be money well spent by Royal and just acknowledges that they screwed up which in most cases is what the customer wants to hear.

Bravo - well said.

Fascinating...as its hard to believe ANYONE's time is worth that much compensation no matter what they do. But if you can get someone to pay it....good for you.

I should have been more clear...wish I was compensated that much!!! Apparently some corporate accounting firms classify folks in a company as a profit or cost center. As part of the sales team, I guess I fell into the former.

So, enuf of this banter... See ya back on our roll call CF1. I'll give you a zinger over there. :D

Exactly this ^

I also use a travel agent for my cruises so that she can take care of any issues that arise. But honestly, there never have been any. It seems to me that the issues arise for people who book on the website. You can do that and have a TA transfer it, we book on ship and do that. Same price, same perks, no hassle

Sent from my K88 using Forums mobile app

This morning I had a frightening experience where my booking seems to have lost the promotional rate I had booked. As a result my remaining balance increased by thousands of dollars. (I got a really good promotion)

After 20 minutes on the phone with RC the rep says the rate has been fixed and explained they have a glitch in their system which caused my promotions to drop off my booking. They don't know why or have a plan to fix it, but they are investigating.

He said something about nonrefundable fares being new for them and that the problem is somehow related to that.

Long story short - keep a close eye on your remaining balance to make sure you don't have any unpleasant surprises.

Royal Caribbean, if you're reading this, fix this problem and offer some goodwill gesture to affected customers. The man on the phone told me there was nothing he could offer me for the 20 minutes I spent on the phone getting them to correct their glitch. :mad:

I had the same thing happen to me. I had it happen about three times now where I went in to look at excursions or packages and it showed I had a balance on my account of amount due. It was the difference between the promo rate I got and the regular rates. I had to call them three different times to remove those balance due amounts. I had booked directly online with RCI and learned on boards that this is a common problem with their site.

I should have been more clear...wish I was compensated that much!!! Apparently some corporate accounting firms classify folks in a company as a profit or cost center. As part of the sales team, I guess I fell into the former.

So, enuf of this banter... See ya back on our roll call CF1. I'll give you a zinger over there. :D

Happy sailing for all!

It seems to be a common theme around here that when the cruise line is in error the attitude is that mistakes happen. When the consumer makes a mistake he (she) should have been more careful.

Most people complaining of negativity are simply not happy that everybody doesn't agree with them. While there were a couple of bad comments, most have been simple comments.

I don't know why people post on a public forum asking for comments (which is the reason for a discussion board), and then get pissy when others have differing opinions. Not everybody will agree with anything. In this case, there was an error, the user has to call (would be great if they never needed to, but mistakes happen), after the phone call, it was fixed. If the post had simply told people to watch their bill, then this might have gone a different way, but coming in and ranting about how they are owed something shows an entitled attitude of me, me, me. It would have been great if rci threw in something as a good will, but thinking you deserve it is what people too offense to.

If this board (or at least the section) was titled rants about how bad rci is - no other opinions allowed, then sure I can see where posts opposing those views might be out of line, but I also don't think you would have any meaningful conversation there.

*shrug* I didn’t ask for comments. I shared an experience so others could be warned of the issue.

It’s all interpretation. The bulk of my post is a warning to others.

I suggested that RCI fix the issue, which is apparently years old, and offer some goodwill gesture to affected customers.

I administrate an online timesheet application at work. If I took 2 months, let alone 2 years to fix a problem I’d be on the unemployment line. I understand what’s involved programming a fix to complex web based applications.

Was I disappointed the rep couldn’t offer me anything, yes, but he wasn’t even apologetic over the situation.

In this case, there was an error, the user has to call (would be great if they never needed to, but mistakes happen), after the phone call, it was fixed. If the post had simply told people to watch their bill, then this might have gone a different way, but coming in and ranting about how they are owed something shows an entitled attitude of me, me, me. It would have been great if rci threw in something as a good will, but thinking you deserve it is what people too offense to.

Seriously ? The OP mentioned at the end of a very reasonable post that "The man on the phone told me there was nothing he could offer me for the 20 minutes I spent on the phone getting them to correct their glitch."

That's what you call ranting , having an entitled attitude and me, me, me ? RC defenders are delusional and rude .