The Boatyard

derhart

What are your opinions on The Boatyard?

Too touristy? Somewhat

great for relaxing, having fun? Yes

good price for what you get? Yes

Good and bad opinions welcomed!

thank you

We enjoyed our day there and I was especially happy with the opportunity to swim with the turtles. Harbor Lights and other beach clubs are usually a bit quieter, with no water toys, etc.

Just went to Boatyard last week. It was great - but make sure you get there early if you want to get on a turtle snorkel excursion. We were there with only one small ship in port and after 10:30 or so they were lined up to get in and I doubt those got on excursions. And first row chairs go quickly. Enjoy!!

• 3 weeks later...

We love the Boatyard! We've been there twice - once with another couple and once with the kids. We are planning on going back in January! The sand is just so soft and white! We generally get there right away in the morning to get our pick of chairs and get on the list for the snorkel. I've been known to go off the rope swing once I have had a few Shark Bites (yummy!)

Is the beach walkable from the port?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

About a mile plus -- so 15-30 min depending upon your speed. Some prefer to walk while others prefer to pay $5 per person for the taxi ride. Your call. ;)

It is a pleasant stroll with interesting sights along the way. We had a chat to locals, saw a parade, looked at the boats etc. The first day we walked there and back twice, went back to ship for our swimwear.

I like your style!

• 2 weeks later...

do we have to make reservations? or just tell the taxi drive to take us there and walk in?

what is the cost? will they take credit cards or USDs?

sorry these questions were answered in the next post down..

do we have to make reservations? or just tell the taxi drive to take us there and walk in?

what is the cost? will they take credit cards or USDs?

sorry these questions were answered in the next post down..

No reservations for the Boatyard - just tell the cab driver where you want to go (fare should be $5 per person). I would bring cash in US dollars instead of a credit card. No need to change currency.

Have a great cruise! :cool:

Barbados is a new place for us to check out. We are a couple of older ladies, and "wonder" if the Boatyard is the place to be? If not, could you suggest another place for a couple older ladies to check out? We like the beach, but didn't know what else to check out while in Barbados?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 9:03 PM, beshears said:

Barbados is a new place for us to check out. We are a couple of older ladies, and "wonder" if the Boatyard is the place to be? If not, could you suggest another place for a couple older ladies to check out? We like the beach, but didn't know what else to check out while in Barbados?

I suggest Pirate's Cove.   We spent the day at Pirate's Cove, great bar, beautiful beach, good food, very friendly.  Would return in a minute.  GREAT RUM PUNCH

On 8/24/2018 at 6:36 PM, Mogo0124 said:

Just went to Boatyard last week. It was great - but make sure you get there early if you want to get on a turtle snorkel excursion. We were there with only one small ship in port and after 10:30 or so they were lined up to get in and I doubt those got on excursions. And first row chairs go quickly. Enjoy!!

Is the snorkeling only to see the turtles or do they go to a shipwreck also?  I've seen both mentioned, but since you were just there last week thought I'd ask 🙂

12 hours ago, NBliving said:

Is the snorkeling only to see the turtles or do they go to a shipwreck also?  I've seen both mentioned, but since you were just there last week thought I'd ask 🙂

Check the Boatyard's web site for the details.

14 hours ago, NBliving said:

Thru Pirate's Cove it was both the turtles and the shipwreck

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 6:13 PM, NBliving said:

WE were there in Sept and Boatyard included both turtles and the shipwreck. 

• 1 month later...

Trying to fit in the Mount Gay Run tour.  We'd show up to the Boatyard at around 10:30, what are the odds of getting on a snorkel trip?

how far out is the shipwreck?  could we swim out if we missed the Boatyard trip?

Edited by SpaceCowboy9

The Boatyard web site may offer more info on the timing for the snorkel/turtles trip, or contact them.  You could swim out to the ship wreck and where the turtles congregate, but it is a LONG way out and back.