Haven Selection Email: Any Longer?

Heronymous

Last year when we were upsold to a Haven, we received an email from the Concierge desk asking us to make selections from the list of amenities. I know we had a few more things to choose from since that room (owner's suite) came with 3 bottles of hard liquor. This time around we purchased the Haven spa suite outright, which I know doesn't come with the liquor selection. We didn't get any amenities selection email like last year, did they do away with that? Or is that only done when you have the nicer Haven rooms?

As an FYI, we received the email about 30 days out last year.. this year we're 22 days away today.

-Keith

If you wish, email them now letting them know you would like to make some pre-cruise selections and requests. They will respond on Monday or Tuesday with some info for you. Be sure to include your name, cabin, sail date, ship and reservation number when emailing them.

NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com

We like to set a few things up with them AND work directly with the steward, butler, and concierge.

What we found useful, and others have suggested, is to look at the selections you receive from the precruise Concierge (they are part of an online dept.) is to ask for certain things be added to the room service.

I have allergies to feathers and asked for non feather pillows, however, when we entered the cabin we checked and found that some pillows were still feather but they were exchanged very quickly when we spoke to our butler.

It can be very useful if used appropriately. My DH really enjoyed the perks of being in a suite.

It's very personal; do you like a few extra things being added to your experience?

Do you like snacks being dropped off during the day? Do you mind someone knocking on your door offering extra refreshments... Do you like someone being able to make dinner reservations for you when there are none available?

The suite experience definitely a step up from the ordinary.. it's not for everyone, if it were, those who enjoy would have a harder time finding something that suits them.

If you like it... go for it, if you don't... why worry about it.. JMO

• 6 months later...

Pre Cruise Concierge seems to be totally useless now.

Just got off the phone with one for our upcoming cruise. I asked what items we can request pre-cruise for our Haven Suite. She said ,"I can make dinner reservations for you".

It is a long cruise and we can make these online ourselves. I asked if that was intended when letter states "arrange for social requests and a variety of services and amenities prior to your sailing". She said this is all she can do for us!!

What a waste of a phone call, IMHO. Not our first Suite, first bad service experience.

I got an email with pillow options, coffee & tea preferences, and an offer to help with booking spa, art gallery, and specialty dining. They also asked for an arrival time. I booked through a TA and she emailed the concierge to 'introduce' us so maybe this gave them a little more of a push. I do the entertainment bookings online myself because it's easier to see what is available and plan from there since we booked last minute - and I did the same with the dining.

I stopped bothering with the survey thing a few years ago -- they never did anything we had requested ahead of time anyway. Anything we needed was done on board by the butler/steward without fuss, so now we just skip it.

Has anybody ever actually received one of the wedge reading pillows?

We received the letter a week or so ago - we sail in March. I don't bother with it either, prefer to talk directly to the steward and butler as well. We also received a "thank you" card for booking Haven with them, thought that was a nice gesture.

Last time we were on a Baltic cruise, and asked the steward for a blanket to use while on the balcony (it was June but cold on the front of ship) . He looked at me like I had three heads, lol, but he did get me the blanket!

I stopped bothering with the survey thing a few years ago -- they never did anything we had requested ahead of time anyway. Anything we needed was done on board by the butler/steward without fuss, so now we just skip it.

Usually receive pillows and mini bar emptied which is all we want pre cruise. After the second cruise we requested the wedge pillows, we found out they don't have them.

We've asked for them and never have gotten them. I too don't think the wedge pillow exists. ONE person over all the others said they got one but I doubt it - no picture proof.

i had good luck with the pre-cruise concierge this last time around. i requested dinner at teppanyaki that i could not book online and i requested my minifridge emptied and replaced with 2 pitchers of water and fresh sliced lemon. both were done.

This is our fourth suite and first amenity email from pre concierge. With all the negative responses on cc about requests actually being fulfilled, I haven’t bothered contacting them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is our fourth suite and first amenity email from pre concierge. With all the negative responses on cc about requests actually being fulfilled, I haven’t bothered contacting them.

Usually a letter comes at 50 days out with the luggage tags. Are you not getting these? Do you use a TA? Possible the letter gets routed from TA but not 100% sure on this as reports for those using TA and not using TA seem to be at 50 day mark. This may have changed over time though to being direct from NCL.

My experience was hit or miss with the coffee, pillow and empty fridge requests. I think the disconnect is because some of these requests are done by the room steward vs the concierge or butler. They were great at passing along requests to the ship concierge, like a dinner reservation that I couldn't get online and Vibe passes. All were waiting for us when we arrived in the Haven onboard the Breakaway.

Usually a letter comes at 50 days out with the luggage tags. Are you not getting these? Do you use a TA? Possible the letter gets routed from TA but not 100% sure on this as reports for those using TA and not using TA seem to be at 50 day mark. This may have changed over time though to being direct from NCL.

I get the luggage tags and the generic letter that comes with them, but never the list of items that can be requested. This is twice on Breakaway and once on the star. We are booked in a SC on the Gem and this is the first time we got the magic letter.

We book through a TA, but the preconcierge letter came to my email.

We got our tags and a generic letter as well and we did not get a list of things that can be requested. We leave on March 9th. It is our first time on NCL and in the Haven so we have no idea what we can request. Is there a place online to find this?

Kristine