Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Cute dresses. I wish I could figure out how to post pictures!

Thanks!

It did take me four or five times, but I cracked it in the end! I uploaded them from Picasa, I right-clicked on the photo, then left-clicked "Copy URL" and finally copied it into the "Insert Image" field, which pops up when you are posting a reply and you've clicked the Insert Image icon.

That was clearly explained... :rolleyes:

Hi Jan in Maine--

Congratulations on your son's wedding. I think you and I live in the same city, so have access to the same "bricks and mortar" stores. I had pretty good luck shopping in Macy's for mother of the bride dress when our daughter got married, and at JC Penney when our son got married. How formal is the wedding? That may in part determine the range of appropriate dress styles. If the mother of the bride has already bought a shorter dress, then most likely you should stick to that length as well (or at least not long). And keep on eye on TJ Maxx and Burlington Coat Factory, as they often have nice dresses and other outfits. I've recently bought a dressy top (red, satin-like) and a long black, slightly sparkly skirt as one of my formal outfits for our upcoming transatlantic crossing on the Queen Mary 2, which will be our first-ever cruise.

Hi - Thanks for the ideas!! I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise, its on my bucket list to do a transatlantic cruise someday. You're right we do live in the same town! Small world :) Jan

Jan in Maine--Just got an email from Dress Barn online and they had this similar dress plus there's a 20% off coupon if you are interested. PRES20

I loved the blue!

http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/shutter-pleat-taffeta-dress/100995757/405

Thanks - I'm not quite sure of the taffeta (like the color and shutter pleats though) - but we do have a Dress Barn in town - I will have to check it out - thanks! Jan --- love coupons! :D

Just won this on Ebay. I wanted it to wear to graduation in May but just might have to wear it to dinner one night on the cruise too.:D

What do you think Sherrie?

[ATTACH]222343[/ATTACH]

I have the exact same dress. Bought it from JC Penneys and because of a small slit in the dart over the breast, they knocked off another 10% off the clearance price....I paid 97 cents for it.

hello ladies,

i am on queen elizabeth for 82 days world cruise. I was sea sick the first three days. I am ok now. We are heading to pago pago.

here are a few dresses i wore.

take care ladies.

m

6859751839_e719336120_b.jpg

6859741611_d9515cbc86_b.jpg

stunning!!!!!!

About to go buy a few dresses. Will ask for advice/pics on them when I get back, but I just skip formal night usually. Maybe I can find a nice inbetween I can live with. It doesn't help my husband hates formal, too and plans to wear slacks, dress shirt and a sports jacket.

Sent from my SGH-T589 using Tapatalk

I have the exact same dress. Bought it from JC Penneys and because of a small slit in the dart over the breast, they knocked off another 10% off the clearance price....I paid 97 cents for it.

Wow!:eek: And I thought I got a bargain! Good work!

Oklacruiser - The yellow dress is awesome. My daughter was showing me a dress similiar (except in white) that she wants to wear for her "second wedding dress". By that she means after the wedding dinner so she can "dance".

Oklacruiser - The yellow dress is awesome. My daughter was showing me a dress similiar (except in white) that she wants to wear for her "second wedding dress". By that she means after the wedding dinner so she can "dance".

Now that is a cute idea! If I were going to have a wedding like that, I might do something like that too! Unfortunately though, my wedding days are past, and IF I ever get married again, and that is a BIG if, it will be on a beach and everybody present will be in flowery shirts and cargo shorts, including the preacher! :) Or flowery Bermuda shorts and white shirts! :D

Thank you ladies. I am having a wonderful time. Hope everyone is doing well. We are in Dunedin, it is pouring rain.

M

6775138434_7ed8d06a9f_b.jpg

Semi Formal

6775138444_41e22fe0f0_b.jpg

Elegant Casual

6775138424_3b8c0645dd_b.jpg

I brought 16 pair of shoes, I can only wear one pair. My right foot has been swollen since San Francisco.

I look forward to your posts. The electric blue looks very pretty on you and I like the elegant causal look. Take care of your foot, I want to see those shoes :o

Hi Ladies,

Hope all is well with everyone. We are now heading to Auckland. I am having a great time.

M

6897652025_c2b057692a_b.jpg

Carnival Ball

I LOVE this gown. You look amazing!!!

What a gorgeous gown:)

I am bidding on this one from ebay. I own a similar one, but in black (cut differently in the top but from the empire emblem down it's the same) and loved it so much I researched where to get another! It's part spandex so it is really forgiving and it also isn't cut like other empire-waists (I found empire waists usually make my tummy look even bigger!)

Image1.jpg

I am bidding on this one from ebay. I own a similar one, but in black (cut differently in the top but from the empire emblem down it's the same) and loved it so much I researched where to get another! It's part spandex so it is really forgiving and it also isn't cut like other empire-waists (I found empire waists usually make my tummy look even bigger!)

Image1.jpg

Cute dress!

Hi Ladies,

Hope all is well with everyone. We are now heading to Auckland. I am having a great time.

M

Beautiful dresses!! Just out of curiosity, how many suitcases did you need for your cruise? I over pack for a one week cruise, so I would need a U-haul!!!

Image1.jpg

Love this dress, it is gorgeous!