Vista to Galveston

villagenut

When a ship changes home ports, do they change directors, comedians, nightly shows, movies, etc? Or do most things remain the same? I have viewed some of the Fun times for Vista's current schedule but i was wondering how much would change with the change in ports.

Thanks!

The itineraries will be 7 days instead of 6/8 .. so the Fun Times will be a little different. The cruise directors won't change, though Matt Mitchum will be on vacation at that time and we will have the Flying Scotsman in the interim. :)

Not sure about the shows or comedians ...

Before I call CCL, has anyone heard of the Vista doing a relocation cruise from Miami to Galveston? It would be fun to bring her into her new port.
There is no repositioning cruise for the upcoming Vista move. I assume they'll just use those few days to give the ship a good cleaning.

Before I call CCL, has anyone heard of the Vista doing a relocation cruise from Miami to Galveston? It would be fun to bring her into her new port.

The Breeze is doing a 14 day reposition cruise from Galveston to Port Canaveral to "swap out" with the Vista. I will be on it!

I'm not sure why Carnival decided to deadhead Vista to Galveston instead of making it a revenue reposition cruise.

The Breeze relocation was appealing, but we already had family stuff on the books. I was hoping to catch the Vista on it relo cruise. I guess it will be a clean up and crew party for 3-4 days.

• 1 month later...

Update on Port: https://www.khou.com/video/news/local/galveston-is-getting-a-bigger-better-cruise-ship/285-8224026

Also an interesting thread on Royal Caribbean board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2668601

Strong hints RCL's Oasis, or similar, to move there in 2020.

Edited by pspercy

I'm not sure why Carnival decided to deadhead Vista to Galveston instead of making it a revenue reposition cruise.

Repositioning cruises, especially longer ones, aren't that profitable for Carnival. Staterooms are usually at a lower per diem cost (with many onboard being aware of techniques involving price drops), the average age is generally older with a smaller amount of alcohol sales, cruisers are usually more seasoned who may prefer to do excursions on their own and the onboard shops don't produce as much revenue as a normal cruise.

They'll probably use the few days for a deep cleaning and general maintenance as well as a tool to improve morale and employee relations.

Repositioning cruises, especially longer ones, aren't that profitable for Carnival. Staterooms are usually at a lower per diem cost (with many onboard being aware of techniques involving price drops), the average age is generally older with a smaller amount of alcohol sales, cruisers are usually more seasoned who may prefer to do excursions on their own and the onboard shops don't produce as much revenue as a normal cruise.

They'll probably use the few days for a deep cleaning and general maintenance as well as a tool to improve morale and employee relations.

Even if it sailed at a loss, and sold cabins for $1, its a dollar more than sailing empty

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even if it sailed at a loss, and sold cabins for $1, its a dollar more than sailing empty

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If they can non-rev the ship for two days to reposition, they can do work that is necessary to be completed with a slightly lower operating cost due to fewer people onboard. As soon as they reach their embarkation port, they can easily fill the ship with higher-yielding passengers followed by another cruise with another set of higher-yielding passengers.

If it's non-rev with only crew, they don't have to abide by the PVSA either.