Specialty Restaurant Pricing

dfairchild

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the pricing for the specialty restaurants on the Equinox. I'll be sailing with my parents, sister & brother-in-law in February and none of them have ever sailed on Celebrity. I am planning to gift them dining in a specialty restaurant for Christmas (via a home-made "gift certificate" and explanation that I will pay for their dining while onboard). We have never tried any of the specialty restaurants ourselves either.

Specifically, I was thinking Sushi on Five or Tuscan. I know they have "deals" if you book several dinners, but I don't think anyone will be interested in that.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by dfairchild
added text

go for the Munro well worth it!

I concur. In my experience the food, service and ambiance is superior in Murano. We've always enjoyed our meals in there. I really like the table side preparation etc. It's more of a complete package than other venues IMHO.

There are several ways you can do this, as well...

1) Pre-purchase the dinners on-line; or

2) Pre-purchase the dinners on-board and charge them to your cabin, that way you can just say 'Hey Gang, we are going out to a special dinner tonight and it's on me' (usually first day there will be discounts available, pending on the venue of choice and time... )

bon voyage

What a lovely Christmas gift idea! When our son was younger we would often give him a ‘voucher’ for an excursion activity we knew he would really look forward to (parasailing, a helicopter ride, sea plane excursion....). These gifts always went down well and he enjoyed researching on line about what he was going to experience. I am sure your family would enjoy doing some menu searching in the time leading up to their cruise and could even ask on here for favourite food recommendations.

So with reference to the restaurants if you are flexible on which day and at what time you want to dine you should be able to approach the M’D on boarding and secure a discount. If you do decide to dine in more than one you can discuss package discounts too.

Murano is the most special of the restaurants, in our opinion, with great food, service and the tableside preparation offering theatre...

Tuscan has stunning wake views, nice to dine in as you leave a port...

Silk Harvest, Asian styled food. More choices than Sushi...

Have a great cruise!

Another option is to wait until you are onboard and see if you can get a discount. I rarely book in advance and when I’m in the mood for one of the restaurants I ask if there are discounts available. Most times I can get 25-30%.

If I’m told no, I say thank you and try again another day. You can make the request at the restaurant or with any one of the servers who may be stationed around the ship (they are usually outside the ocean view cafe during the day).

The plan isn’t foolproof and won’t work if the specialty restaurants are busy. They will also try to push you to take an early dining time but if that doesn’t work for you insist on the time you want.

Very nice gesture by the way.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I am not familiar with Silk Harvest (is this on the Equinox only?). My sister & brother in law are very into sushi, and that is why I was thinking sushi on five, but didn't realize it was al la carte.

Are there good sushi options at Silk Harvest?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I am not familiar with Silk Harvest (is this on the Equinox only?). My sister & brother in law are very into sushi, and that is why I was thinking sushi on five, but didn't realize it was al la carte.

Are there good sushi options at Silk Harvest?

Sushi on 5 has two options, a la carte or $30 per person all you can eat, we did the $30 option one evening & then the a la carte another, we found that we really couldn't eat more than $20 per per person each. Actually enjoyed it a lot. I think we ate there 3 nights out of 14.

Was not impressed with silk harvest, food was not to my taste, heavy on garlic, but that's subjective. Definitely not good for sushi. We asked for & received a 30% discount before dining there.

Silk Harvest is on Equinox and Solstice.

The menu is varied as TeaBag’s pictures show.

In Silk Harvest you can order as much as you like. We tend to order lots of the ‘small plates’ and all share. If you order the big plates they are too filling and you don’t get the variety of flavours and textures. We have enjoyed several meals there.They have a lovely banana and coconut ice cream desert! They also stock a decent range of Asian beers.

Sushi has a more limited menu but if you all love Sushi you may enjoy it more! It has less of a feeling of a ‘speciality’ restaurant in my opinion....More of a venue we have visited after a busy port day or for a sea day lunch than for a special occasion. This is, as I say, my opinion only Sushi does have fans!

Enjoy!

We returned last month from a b2b on Connie on the first 12nts we had two meals in Tuscan & two in Qzine all at good discounts! On the second cruise we decided to try Sushi on five this was the first time for us! It was great and we booked again toward the end of the cruise both times with discounts. As has been said Murano is a wonderful experience in my opinion,sad not on Connie anymore(Ocean Liners) Lovely idea for a Christmas gift.