Coffee card on next cruise

Whirlybird

I agree the coffee card is a good deal for many, but now I have a new problem: Doc says lay off the caffeine. Anyone know if decaffeinated brewed coffee, premium tea and specialty coffees are available at the IC?

I agree the coffee card is a good deal for many, but now I have a new problem: Doc says lay off the caffeine. Anyone know if decaffeinated brewed coffee, premium tea and specialty coffees are available at the IC?

premium tea - yes, for sure. And I am sure that they also brew decaf and all the fancy coffee lattes and such can be made with decaf. My mom will have to have decaf - I have no worries about it.

Yes. We always get decaf specialty coffees with our coffee cards.

premium tea - yes, for sure. And I am sure that they also brew decaf and all the fancy coffee lattes and such can be made with decaf. My mom will have to have decaf - I have no worries about it.

Yes. We always get decaf specialty coffees with our coffee cards.

Thanks! Makes sense, but we never asked before.

I found a coffee card we had purchased for our transatlantic in 2011 and we were able to use that in 2016. When my husband handed over the card, the barista got a huge smile on his face and said he hadn't seen one like that in a while and got us our coffees. :D:D:D

I found a coffee card we had purchased for our transatlantic in 2011 and we were able to use that in 2016. When my husband handed over the card, the barista got a huge smile on his face and said he hadn't seen one like that in a while and got us our coffees. :D:D:D

He must have been new on the job but at least he didn't argue with you about using it.

For those of us who are Elite....we get a free stocked mini-bar as a perk. It is possible to trade the mini-bar stuff for 2 Coffee Cards which is a great deal for those of us who don't plan on using the stuff in the mini-bar.

Hank

For those of us who are Elite....we get a free stocked mini-bar as a perk. It is possible to trade the mini-bar stuff for 2 Coffee Cards which is a great deal for those of us who don't plan on using the stuff in the mini-bar.

Hank

Yes it is :) I do it all the time.

Tony

What is the process to trade in the mini-bar for the coffee card? Can the mini-bar be traded in for anything else?

First, you must have Elite status. You can trade the entire mini-bar (and this includes everything, for 2 coffee cards by simply calling Room Service. We usually do this as soon as we get into our cabin, although it can be hard to get through to Room Service on that first afternoon (because others are trading). You can also trade your little liquor bottles for other bottles (I once swapped out all my bottles for Cognac bottles). I believe its also possible to exchange it for 2 bottles of wine (not sure if this is still true). But in all cases you call Room Service. Normally, if we can get through to them in the early afternoon (of embarkation day) they will make the swap that same afternoon.

Hank

Hank explained the exchange procedure although it's only 1 bottle of wine (maximum of $40).

Here's the Captain's Circle description:

I’m an Elite member, is there a way to customize my mini-bar?

Yes, you can make changes onboard by dialing room service. Mini bottles of liquor can be exchanged; liquor can also be exchanged for beer. You can also exchange the entire setup for: a bottle of wine, coffee cards, sodas only or waters only.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipFAQ.page

Hank

And if you don't use both cards you can always sell them on eBay for cash. ;)

If the coffee card has no Ship name/Voyage date of previous cruise at the back of the card, they may think it is for current cruise and be spared of the punch for the brewed coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If it has no ship name/voyage number, they now take a sharpie and fill it in.