Coffee card on next cruise

Whirlybird

It supposedly can not be used for the regular brewed coffee on subsequent cruises (it will cost a punch for brewed coffee)

Sometimes they won't punch your old card since the brewed coffee is available all the time at the Horizon buffet.

Definitely not in the early mornings before 6 AM on the 5th deck.

Why would you need a coffee card? Kiosks outside of MDR charge for coffee? Is it worth it?

Some people say they hate the coffee from syrup in MDR and HC. They prefer fresh-brewed coffee from IC. The coffee card provides unlimited fresh-brewed coffee (for the holder of the card) and 15 punches for specialty coffee drinks. The punches are free to share with anybody.

I don't really have a problem with the free coffee but we usually buy a card so my wife can have lattes and such. We do share it in that I drink the fresh-brewed coffee and she uses the punches. She never orders the fresh-brewed from IC unless we each have a card. We have the AIBP on our next 4 cruises so the left over coffee cards I have are of no use to us so I'll likely take them along and buy lattes or frappuccinos or whatever those fancy coffee drinks are for other folks.

If you sail Regal or Royal (and I'm assuming Majestic) there is fresh-brewed coffee in MDR and HC so the only real use of the coffee card is specialty coffees.

Some people say they hate the coffee from syrup in MDR and HC. They prefer fresh-brewed coffee from IC. The coffee card provides unlimited fresh-brewed coffee (for the holder of the card) and 15 punches for specialty coffee drinks. The punches are free to share with anybody.

I don't really have a problem with the free coffee but we usually buy a card so my wife can have lattes and such. We do share it in that I drink the fresh-brewed coffee and she uses the punches. She never orders the fresh-brewed from IC unless we each have a card. We have the AIBP on our next 4 cruises so the left over coffee cards I have are of no use to us so I'll likely take them along and buy lattes or frappuccinos or whatever those fancy coffee drinks are for other folks.

If you sail Regal or Royal (and I'm assuming Majestic) there is fresh-brewed coffee in MDR and HC so the only real use of the coffee card is specialty coffees.

I like their teas as well as the coffee. My wife particularly likes the chamomile tea they have in the IC. The water is properly hot in the IC while not so in the HC. We typically swap out the liquor setup for the cards.

Hi Everyone,

can someone tell me what they charge for a coffee (not the brewed stuff) at the IC? Just trying to work out if I should buy the coffee card as it's only a short cruise. Also do they have green tea available under the card?

thanks

Hi Everyone,

can someone tell me what they charge for a coffee (not the brewed stuff) at the IC? Just trying to work out if I should buy the coffee card as it's only a short cruise. Also do they have green tea available under the card?

thanks

They have green tea under the card.

Am not familiar with regular coffee at IC. If you don't like the brewed coffee, you may want the regular coffee at the HC and MDR with no charge.

Sorry - should have explained it better - My husband prefers the speciality coffee so normally do buy a card but as this next cruise is only 3 nights I'm trying to figure out if it's worthwhile to buy a card. I drink green tea. The coffee in the HC and MDR is shocking.

cheers

Hi Everyone,

thanks

THIS POST by Colo Cruiser has the IC Coffee menu from 2017.

In March of this year used a coffee card on Regal I had purchased in Dec 2016. I got brewed coffee, hot chocolate & tea (non specialty) without a punch. I mainly used the International Café location.

I get room service in the morning & usually eat lunch in the dining room so have no experience with the location in the Horizon. Not a big coffee drinker & mainly used the card for gelato. I still have punches left & will use the card again on a Royal cruise in Dec so I guess I will see what happens. I do not see how they could justify requiring a punch for brewed coffee as no real preparation involved. If anything, I would think they would just eliminate serving it entirely. I originally bought the card in 2016 for $29. I think it is now $36 but still a good deal. However, do not think it would be cost effective for a 3 day cruise.

Edited by koko1
splling

Thanks for all replies. I use the card only to purchase specialty coffee drinks, not the brewed coffee in IC. For regular brewed coffee, I bring along Starbucks Cafe Via and just add to hot water in the HC. The Cafe Via tastes better than the HC coffee to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
THIS POST by Colo Cruiser has the IC Coffee menu from 2017.

Hello,

When using the coffee card for specialty coffees, how does it work? Would 1 punch be a large or small specialty coffee? It says "Save 20% and enjoy 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks......". I may be having a blonde moment, but I'm not comprehending the "save 20%" and the "15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks". There are different prices for different drinks & sizes I'm just not understanding.

Hello,

When using the coffee card for specialty coffees, how does it work? Would 1 punch be a large or small specialty coffee? It says "Save 20% and enjoy 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks......". I may be having a blonde moment, but I'm not comprehending the "save 20%" and the "15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks". There are different prices for different drinks & sizes I'm just not understanding.

1 punch for either large or regular specialty coffee drink.

If the coffee card has no Ship name/Voyage date of previous cruise at the back of the card, they may think it is for current cruise and be spared of the punch for the brewed coffee

Your correct I have 2 coffee cards exactly like you stated.

Tony

Hello,

With a coffee card, anything you order costs the same...1 punch (except for brewed, tea and hot chocolate, those are "free"). Ask for the "go cup", you'll get more bang for your punch.;)

It's hard to tell what they base the 20% savings on...big cup, small cup, hot, cold? Who knows. It's absolutely the best buy on the ship, IMHO.

With a coffee card, anything you order costs the same...1 punch (except for brewed, tea and hot chocolate, those are "free"). Ask for the "go cup", you'll get more bang for your punch.;)

It's hard to tell what they base the 20% savings on...big cup, small cup, hot, cold? Who knows. It's absolutely the best buy on the ship, IMHO.

Thanks. I was thinking it was a punch for each order but then the "20% savings" threw me.

I planned to purchase a coffee card to make certain my husband gets a decent cup of coffee to start each day (for my benefit, as he is one of those people who you don't dare speak to until he has his coffee. lol). After reading the menu that someone had posted for the IC, I look forward to using the punches for myself as he only drinks regular brewed black coffee which is "free".. We shall both be happy.

don't forget gelato and premium tea. :)

We'll be putting the card to good use. Premium tea, fresh coffee, specialty coffee and gelato - that card is golden.