Promenade inside cabins

lele100

Hi there I was wondering if you can tell me a little about the Promenade interior cabins, overlooking the promenade. Are they worth the extra money I can get one for 37 per person extra. I am currently booked on an interior Which deck would be the best to get, I have a choice of 6, 7, or 8. which area would be the best the middle front or back of the promenade cabins this is on the Independence of the Seas. Please tell me your experiences on these types of cabins. Thank you

We had Promenade room on Allure and quite liked it. You get a window to the promenade which opens up the room. It also makes the room a touch bigger with the extra sitting area. And when we were in the stateroom, it was fun to just people watch and see what was going on outside. We had no issues with noise.

Hi there I was wondering if you can tell me a little about the Promenade interior cabins, overlooking the promenade. Are they worth the extra money I can get one for 37 per person extra. I am currently booked on an interior Which deck would be the best to get, I have a choice of 6, 7, or 8. which area would be the best the middle front or back of the promenade cabins this is on the Independence of the Seas. Please tell me your experiences on these types of cabins. Thank you

Which ship?

I had one on the Explorer and loved it. People watching was excellent. Just need to be mindful about shutting the curtains when you’re getting changed as other can see in to your cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We like it if nothing else than for the slightly larger room. There is a little sitting area by the window that we didn't use for sitting but allowed for more luggage placement. We also liked being able to look out on the Promenade. Have had different decks, but would prefer 8 as we felt it gave us the best vantage point. Never really had any issues with noise either.

I would absolutely upgrade for that price.

I'll be the negative nancy here. I'm not a fan, and i've booked them a couple of times. It was okay for DD and me when she was little and actually wanted to sleep on the couch in the window. Also, hated having to squeeze by the bed to get to the window. Our first PR cabin was on Mariner, Deck 7 forward, right above where a band played EVERY night. Because of DD's age, we retired early every night, but the band kept us awake.

Rooms closer to the centrum were much quieter. Deck 6 is almost too low, but I think the deck 8 windows slant outward a bit for a better view?

The lighting in the PR was interesting, it changed hue at night, can't remember the times, but it wasn't as bright overnight.

One warning... close your curtains before changing.

We just had a Promenade room on the Freedom of the Seas - 8631, right by the aft elevator. We loved it for the extra square footage and the window seat in addition to the loveseat, the proximity to the Internet Cafe, the easy access up 3 decks or down 3 decks to Windjammers/main dining room. We had no noise from the Promenade. There are blackout curtains, but some light did still leak around the windows - not enough to interfere with sleeping. The view of the Promenade wasn't ideal, being so high up, and on the farthest end of the open area, If you want a better view of the parades and activities, I'd suggest decks 6 or 7, and more midship.

I had one once and loved it. I never thought that it was noisy, even when the band was playing in the Promenade. Mine was on deck 7 on Mariner. I would always be surprised by the noise when i opened the door to leave the room because I couldn't hear it inside the room. The only thing I didn't like was that I had an adjoining room and I could hear noise from the girl next door who was also traveling solo like I was and halfway through the cruise she hooked up with some guy and they were loud and I could hear it through the door between our rooms. I actually just booked a Promenade for a cruise sailing in three weeks. I unfortunatley could only get a connecting room again, so hopefully the person/people next to me will be quieter this time! I wouldn't hesitate to book this type of room. I really liked being able to look down at the Promenade and see what was going on and how busy things were, it was a unique alternative to other room types.

:)We were on the Independence earlier this year. We had the family promenade,3 adults, 2 children. There was a walk in closet.as well as 2 other closets. We needed to have brought more clothes. There were two promenade windows with bench seating under both. I think there were only 4 cabins of this size on the ship. The only complaints were the hard mattress on the pull out sofa bed and the difficulty watching TV from the sofa bed and the king bed at the same time.. The children had bunk beds in a separate alcove with drawer storage they and really enjoyed pulling their curtain closed and reading or playing. This was by far the most space (327 sq. ft.) we have experienced on any cruise ship and would book it again in a minute. Our TA helped obtain this less expensive cabin rather than 2 interior cabins.

I had a promenade room on IOS midship on deck 6. I loved it. The addition of the window seat is very nice and made the room more spacious and it was so easy to just walk down one flight of stairs to the promenade. Highly recommend it.

We've had several on Explorer, loved them but wouldn't do deck 6 over the bar as the music was very loud in the room. Deck 7 was the best, deck 8 was good but pretty high for watching the festivities. And we never shut the curtains, what fun would that be ;)

Sent from my K88 using Forums mobile app

We also had one on our first cruise on Explorer, it was great!!! Would book it again in a heartbeat. People watching with a broken ankle was so nice!! Most of us stacked our towel animals in the window.

We were on the 6 th deck mid ship not noisy, not hard to keep the curtains closed when changing in the room, we did clip them shut for the night as the lights are on in the promenade all night long, but it was a great room. I didn't find getting around the bed an issue personally even with an ankle brace...

I had a promenade cabin on deck 6 across from the antique car. I could hear the background music from the promenade throughout the day. It wasn't loud but could be slightly annoying when wanting to read. The music ended around 11 p.m. so it wasn't a problem at night. I attended the nightime events on the promenade so I'm not sure how loud the music was in the cabin.

I enjoyed the extra floor space and having an extra area for luggage.

Enjoy your cruise!

Patti