Platinum latitudes - how often can you get free laundry?

erpa

On Epic recently, received a packet containing all the Platinum benefit info. The laundry coupon specified a free bag of laundry on Thursday...The laundry special for the ship was Wednesday, but the Platinum coupon said only Thursday was free. so we waited until Thursday morning to bag up our laundry. I was returned, clean and pressed, on Friday evening, just in time to pack for Saturday disembarkation...

I'd have rather had the free laundry sooner, but it was free...can't complain, can I?

We've gotten the free laundry more than once on cruises where the "all you can stuff in a bag" laundry special was offered more than once.

It's offered to Platinum members at least once on cruises up to 7 days, it is offered twice for cruises 12 days or more. We enjoyed it twice when we were on the Dawn's 10-10-10 repositioning cruise.

actually we received our FREE laundry service on a non-stuff the bag day

and there was no problem--we just asked our steward for a bag put the laundry in it wrote Platinum on it and our receipt and told him about it, he said leave on the bed and he would take care of it--was back the next day all on hangers (bathsuits included)

It's offered to Platinum members at least once on cruises up to 7 days, it is offered twice for cruises 12 days or more. We enjoyed it twice when we were on the Dawn's 10-10-10 repositioning cruise.

I should have been more specific in my post. We have been on a couple of 7 night cruises where the special was offered more than once, so we took advantage of the free laundry more than once during those one week cruises.

Thanks everyone for all the responses. I too am tickled pink at this platinum perk! The other perk that I'm very excited about is the "behind the scenes tour" especially if I ever get to the Epic!

Thanks again,

ERPA

Have loved the perk but really miss when some of the ships had do it yourself laundry facilities...I know, I know I am on vacation, but with a family of 6 it was nice to do the laundry and see things neatened up a bit..I know it is strange to some, but that is what relaxes me....

First Deluxe Owners Suite on NCL...is this offered to full - suite guests also? On X, full suites are presented with the same coupons as Elite guests...and I agree, it is VERY nice!!

No, free laundry is a Latitudes perk, not a suite perk.

Edited by njhorseman

Have loved the perk but really miss when some of the ships had do it yourself laundry facilities...I know, I know I am on vacation, but with a family of 6 it was nice to do the laundry and see things neatened up a bit..I know it is strange to some, but that is what relaxes me....

I agree--I wish they would bring the lauderettes back. I could bring less stuff! I am happy Carnival and Princess still have laundry facilities on their ships.

Please ... feel free to stop by for a visit and there are only 2 of us ;)

• 3 months later...
So, just one more question. If DH & I are both platinum, can we each get 1 bag of laundry? So that we can help out our DFs?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

DH and I are both Platinum and we each received 1 bag each. We were on a 10 day cruise and they offered the "special" 3 times during our cruise...needless to say, after 6 bags of laundry we WAY OVERPACKED and came home with clean clothes. :p

Yes, we always each get a free bag.

That is great! My husband and I are both newly Platinum. I hadn't even thought about the fact we might each get the bag special when it's offered. I'd thought it was one per cabin. I can stuff a lot into a bag, but there's usually some of the week's laundry that doesn't fit. To be able to do a second bag also free will be great.