$50 deposit

lbendick

We just recently booked a Feb. 2020 cruise on the Magic with a 50% off deposit sale. Since we're into the summer cruise time right now, I wouldn't expect to see any $50.00 deposit sales until probably some time after Labor Day.

Any idea when we may see another $50 deposit

What is the big deal about a $50 deposit if you have to pay for it eventually?????

I don't see the enticement, unless you just want to play around with potential cruises and cancel without penalty?

What is the big deal about a $50 deposit if you have to pay for it eventually?????

I don't see the enticement, unless you just want to play around with potential cruises and cancel without penalty?

I know for me, a reduced deposit is a huge help.

I am a single mom, putting one daughter through college and I have another son who is disabled so if I can get a $225 deposit versus a $750 deposit with a year to pay it off, that’s a huge help for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know for me, a reduced deposit is a huge help.

I am a single mom, putting one daughter through college and I have another son who is disabled so if I can get a $225 deposit versus a $750 deposit with a year to pay it off, that’s a huge help for me.

Please don’t feel the need to explain. That question should not have been asked by Keys2Heaven. It was rude and in poor taste and did nothing to add to the thread.

It was rude and in poor taste and did nothing to add to the thread.

Many will agree with that.

Maybe some people need to be reminded that there are others less fortunate than them in order to help them appreciate what they apparently have.

Maybe some people need to be reminded that there are others less fortunate than them in order to help them appreciate what they apparently have.

I know many military families, like mine, appreciate the low deposits!

My question was in no way meant to be rude. I understand people have financial issues, just didn't understand why $50 matters when your cruise will cost 'x' dollars and will need to be paid at some point. I apologize if my post was taken out of context from one who was genuinely interested in what the draw is.

However, some of your replies are far more rude.

And, by the way, I'm a veteran and appreciate our sacrifices. Didn't think someone would be that low to draw a comparison between my question and our military families though.

I myself, also love the low deposits. booked one for the Triumph in Jan 2020 for $49 down. I got an email from Carnival a month ago, and I have been wanting to go to Grand Turk one day. and this cruise is. I jumped on it. have an easy pay scheduled of $57 a month thru Sept '19. the payments and low DP are what helps me go on the cruises. plus it wasn't a huge single supplement. with an aft balcony!! wow 18 months to go. I have 2 planned for Dec '18, and Feb '19

My question was in no way meant to be rude. I understand people have financial issues, just didn't understand why $50 matters when your cruise will cost 'x' dollars and will need to be paid at some point. I apologize if my post was taken out of context from one who was genuinely interested in what the draw is.

However, some of your replies are far more rude.

And, by the way, I'm a veteran and appreciate our sacrifices. Didn't think someone would be that low to draw a comparison between my question and our military families though.

I rather give Carnival $50 of my money upfront than $250. I don’t want them hanging onto my money when they don’t have to.

• 2 weeks later...

I get it that would be a huge help with the discount right now. I’d book ASAP if I had the discount but husband wants to wait until we come back from our vacation in August. Ignore comment above not everyone has $1000 lying around

I rather give Carnival $50 of my money upfront than $250. I don’t want them hanging onto my money when they don’t have to.

Yeah that’s just crazy too much upfront. At least with Disney vacations it’s reasonable deposits.

I wouldn't care if the deposit was $1.00 I would not book a reduced deposit cruise because they are always non-refundable. We just go with the straight past guest deposit. Our lives have a way of interfering with our cruise plans and having a fully refundable deposit is essential to us.