EPIC pizza

markrph

You can always order a pizza at la Cucina if you pay the cover charge. Even though that pizza is not great, its probably the best pizza on the ship. In 2010 Epic had a pizza delivery service for $5 large pizza. I came back from an excursion and was starving. Even in my starvation, it was one of the worst pizzas I ever ate. Not sure the Epic still has that pizza delivery service. Pizza is one area NCL can improve on. Wish they had a pizza place on the ship.

You can always order a pizza at la Cucina if you pay the cover charge. Even though that pizza is not great, its probably the best pizza on the ship. In 2010 Epic had a pizza delivery service for $5 large pizza. I came back from an excursion and was starving. Even in my starvation, it was one of the worst pizzas I ever ate. Not sure the Epic still has that pizza delivery service. Pizza is one area NCL can improve on. Wish they had a pizza place on the ship.

David, I totally agree with you! I came back to my cabin a wee bit intoxicated and since there's no hot dog cart (no judging ;p ) onboard, I ordered a pizza and took a bite and spit it out! Hands down the worst food I've had on any ship. Now, the pizza I had on Liberty of the Seas last month at Sorrento's was soooooooo good! NCL should do something about that pizza, it's seriously bad! With the promenade, the pizza, the flow rider, the nightly pool movies, and better beverage package choices... RC will probably be my next choice for a sailing. I have never sailed other than NCL and my recent experience has really opened my eyes!

David, I totally agree with you! I came back to my cabin a wee bit intoxicated and since there's no hot dog cart (no judging ;p ) onboard, I ordered a pizza and took a bite and spit it out! Hands down the worst food I've had on any ship. Now, the pizza I had on Liberty of the Seas last month at Sorrento's was soooooooo good! NCL should do something about that pizza, it's seriously bad! With the promenade, the pizza, the flow rider, the nightly pool movies, and better beverage package choices... RC will probably be my next choice for a sailing. I have never sailed other than NCL and my recent experience has really opened my eyes!

I ate mine but it was lousy and I've had some bad pizzas in my day. I remember the Drive-In pizzas with almost fake cheese and some bad frozen stuff. But the Epic pizza delivery still wins for worst pizza in my book. La Cunina is not great either but its the best on board. The buffet pizza is never great either but if you get it fresh, its palatable. LOVE that NCL put a BBQ place on Bliss. Pizza is cheap. I would love to see a little pizzeria someday on NCL ships. Its a win/win for everyone. It can be included in the cruise fare because pizza is pretty cheap to make.

For whatever reason the pizza on ships is just terrible. Gem, Dawn, Sun, BA, Escape, Jewel. I tried them all, blah...... Philly, New York, Italy very good. However this past summer we vacationed in Dubrovnik. OMG we had pizza / flatbread 4 times during the week. The BEST I ever had!

For whatever reason the pizza on ships is just terrible. Gem, Dawn, Sun, BA, Escape, Jewel. I tried them all, blah...... Philly, New York, Italy very good. However this past summer we vacationed in Dubrovnik. OMG we had pizza / flatbread 4 times during the week. The BEST I ever had!

As a NYC native, who remembers the pizza from "the old days"...when pizza was pizza....I have 3 letters to say...MSC. That was the best pizza ever....I lived on pizza for the week. And, I am a pizza snob!

• Like 1

MSC did have some pretty decent pizza on the buffet.

I found carnival's late night pizza near near the back of shift to be none to shabby too, but it was always busy, busy, busy. but fresh!

funny, but I don't recall having pizza on any NCL cruise. NCL has my favorite food at sea, overall. I would love to see them match MSC's pizza and Carnival's Guy Fieri fresh burger joint.

As a NYC native, who remembers the pizza from "the old days"...when pizza was pizza....I have 3 letters to say...MSC. That was the best pizza ever....I lived on pizza for the week. And, I am a pizza snob!

I have read that several times. Not sure if its true but they import the water from Italy to make the dough. The pizza maker is also trained in Italy. Its very tempting to cruise MSC just for the pizza :)

MSC pizza is excellent! They have breakfast pizzas, then all day long including late night buffet and lots of varieties.

Best we've had on NCL was POA most recently as they have a wood-fired type oven right in the buffet. Pretty good stuff.

I ate mine but it was lousy and I've had some bad pizzas in my day. I remember the Drive-In pizzas with almost fake cheese and some bad frozen stuff. But the Epic pizza delivery still wins for worst pizza in my book. La Cunina is not great either but its the best on board. The buffet pizza is never great either but if you get it fresh, its palatable. LOVE that NCL put a BBQ place on Bliss. Pizza is cheap. I would love to see a little pizzeria someday on NCL ships. Its a win/win for everyone. It can be included in the cruise fare because pizza is pretty cheap to make.

I feel the same. If I see a fresh pie come out the oven at the buffet, I'm down for a slice. Sorrento's on RC was pretty tasty and was always fresh when we went cause it was busy, busy, busy!