RCCI - Customer Service

Having had trouble with making cruise planner bookings on the website, I called the infamous UK contact number and got someone somewhere.

First attempt, after going through multiple levels of multiple choices, I was cut off :mad:

Second.....after getting someone to stay on the call, i was told that "they did not know" and would get a coworker to call me back in a couple of minutes.

I gave my cell number, with and without the country dialling code and waited patiently.

18 hours later, I am still waiting.

Is this the norm for wonderful RCCI?

I bet if it was to make a payment, they would be back in a flash.

Cmon RCCI, you want the money, now give the service.

it can be very hit and miss at the moment.

Had a bad experience myself with the flight department a couple of days ago so had to phone back yesterday and spoke with the C&A department who were great. I really can't believe that they aren't doing anything about what is going on with their call centre as they must be losing customers with their appalling service. :(

Appears to be at the moment call and ask to speak to one of the UK staff that are out training at moment be polite but firm with them that seems to work.

Good luck.

Seriously? The 'someone somewhere' mentioned above is in Guatamala. I've also been cut off when put on hold over there; asking for someone in the UK is futile. RCL CS is extremely sick; prognosis poor.

ETA : I had a reply to an email with a 21 day response time notified. It never came and the cruise has since been and gone. No doubt the reply will come shortly.....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

I wonder how we minions get Cruise Critic to invite the new CEO on here for a question and answer about changes to UK customer service and bookings etc. etc. and to hear the frustration this is causing.

?????????????????????????

I wonder how we minions get Cruise Critic to invite the new CEO on here for a question and answer about changes to UK customer service and bookings etc. etc. and to hear the frustration this is causing.

I think that would be a very good idea but can't see it happening as they probably don't think they have a problem. I am sure it must have come to their attention by now as there have been so many complaints since the UK call centre shut. What with that and the issues with the website they will be lucky to have any customers left if things don't improve. It is a good thing we like the 'product' once we are on the ship!

Why don't you just post your question on Adams blog? http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/

I think UK pax get a raw deal all round from Royal (and possibly/probably others)

Yesterday I read a post about their UK website showing all available cabins and as I have my eye on an upgrade I logged on to check it out. What I found was that the price of the cabin I booked last weekend via my US TA was priced at almost £1800 more on the UK site than the US site. I use a US TA due to flexibility mainly and their ability to be responsive to customer requests, and whilst I knew I had a good deal I was stunned at the difference.

I sailed Celebrity last year maybe it was the same with them I don't know, but I do know that £1800 is a huge differential.

Stuart Leven is Managing Director for UK & Ireland perhaps email him. I did read that RCCL UK are aware of the problem which is why they recently sent out 7 staff from the UK. But maybe it is time Stuart heard that things are not getting any better with the UK (Guatemala) office.

sleven@rccl.com

Also there is Dominic Paul who is Vice President International (was UK MD)-

dpaul@rccl.com

Is this just a UK thing having all the calls directed to Guatamala. I know I am in Canada and I called C&A the other night and the girl sounded very english.

I hope this is not a sign to come that all their call centres will be in Guatamala.

Stuart Leven is Managing Director for UK & Ireland perhaps email him. I did read that RCCL UK are aware of the problem which is why they recently sent out 7 staff from the UK. But maybe it is time Stuart heard that things are not getting any better with the UK (Guatemala) office.

sleven@rccl.com

dpaul@rccl.com

Also try Sam Murdoch SMurdoch@rccl.com who assured me that the number of phone options were being reduced, but it hasn't been the case with Celebrity who I had to call last week. He was the person who advised the UK staff being sent back to Guatemala.

The article regarding the staff redeployment was in the travel press I found.

Also try Sam Murdoch SMurdoch@rccl.com who assured me that the number of phone options were being reduced, but it hasn't been the case with Celebrity who I had to call last week. He was the person who advised the UK staff being sent back to Guatemala.

The article regarding the staff redeployment was in the travel press I found.

Thanks Pete for reminding me about that piece in the travel press...I knew I had read it somewhere but couldn't remember where it was :o

I spoke with a manager in a large high street UK TA this week and he said they are totally fed up with Royal Caribbean UK and Guatemala.

Oh, tell me about it. We have been on the phone ever day for the last 2 weeks, honestly, and no you don't know who you are speaking to and where they are, UK, Miami or Guatamala! It's like banging your head against a brick wall. They will lose customers I am sure. Mostly they are super polite, but ineffective about resolving your problem, if they even gave have an idea what you are talking about!

Is this just a UK thing having all the calls directed to Guatamala. I know I am in Canada and I called C&A the other night and the girl sounded very english.

I hope this is not a sign to come that all their call centres will be in Guatamala.

I think US and CAN are centres are in Oregon or Miami.

Having had trouble with making cruise planner bookings on the website, I called the infamous UK contact number and got someone somewhere.

First attempt, after going through multiple levels of multiple choices, I was cut off :mad:

Second.....after getting someone to stay on the call, i was told that "they did not know" and would get a coworker to call me back in a couple of minutes.

I gave my cell number, with and without the country dialling code and waited patiently.

18 hours later, I am still waiting.

Is this the norm for wonderful RCCI?

I bet if it was to make a payment, they would be back in a flash.

Cmon RCCI, you want the money, now give the service.

Interesting. When I booked my cruise, I did not have the air lined up so, I did not want to pay for the transfers yet. So, RCCL told me that I can wait up to a week before sailing.

On Wednesday, I called RCCL through my travel agent and they told me my travel agent that the do not book transfers if I choose my own air. Then they told me that I can show up at the airport and hope that I get on a bus to the cruise port. I was told about the return transfer back to the airport. I was floored and told my travel agent, that it sounds like they are telling me that if I don't get on a shuttle to the port, I am SOL. For a minute there, I thought I was dealing with Carnival and threw up all sorts of red flags considering, I was told one thing and now I am told something different.

I then had the travel agent call back and this time they told the travel agent, that the transfers were sold out. Not a big deal... I decided to rent a car to drive to the port (Cheaper than the transfers) and then I had my travel agent call back the next day and got the transfers back to the airport taken care of.

Oh, tell me about it. We have been on the phone ever day for the last 2 weeks, honestly, and no you don't know who you are speaking to and where they are, UK, Miami or Guatamala! It's like banging your head against a brick wall. They will lose customers I am sure. Mostly they are super polite, but ineffective about resolving your problem, if they even gave have an idea what you are talking about!

That summed up my call..........super polite, but useless. :D

Same issues in Australia. We've started cruising Princess, even though we like RCI better.:mad:
Unfortunately I think your enquiries are handled by Guatemala too from my conversation with Sam Murdoch who advised that this recent change isn't just impacting the UK customers.

sleven@rccl.com

dpaul@rccl.com

I emailed Stuart Leven a few weeks ago after you gave me his email on another thread.

He replied very quickly, (I emailed on a Sunday and had a reply on Monday morning). He acknowledged that there are problems with Guatemala and they were trying to sort them out.

More importantly for me though, I mentioned that I was having trouble getting flights allocated for a TA next year. He passed me on to someone called Laura Herniman who appears to be based in the UK, she sorted out my flights very easily, moving our outward journey forward a day and even giving us a choice of flights and times. It was all done by email and she always replied immediately.

I would recommend anyone with a specific problem to use this email, maybe if he actually sees how many problems there are it will spur him on to improve things a bit quicker.

Julie

I emailed Stuart Leven a few weeks ago after you gave me his email on another thread.

He replied very quickly, (I emailed on a Sunday and had a reply on Monday morning). He acknowledged that there are problems with Guatemala and they were trying to sort them out.

More importantly for me though, I mentioned that I was having trouble getting flights allocated for a TA next year. He passed me on to someone called Laura Herniman who appears to be based in the UK, she sorted out my flights very easily, moving our outward journey forward a day and even giving us a choice of flights and times. It was all done by email and she always replied immediately.

I would recommend anyone with a specific problem to use this email, maybe if he actually sees how many problems there are it will spur him on to improve things a bit quicker.

Julie

Just done the same.

Lets see what happens

sleven@rccl.com

dpaul@rccl.com

Thanks for this wonderfull advise.

I emailed Stuart Leven, as you suggested, over the weekend and also left a message on CEO Alan's Blog (as per another suggestion).

Got several phone calls yesterday that I could not take whilst driving, and again today (Tues) from the UK Escalation office.

Not sure which one did the trick, but as they mentioned "an email" I take it it must be from Mr Leven's email.

Very polite, helpfull and apologetic, explaning that they have had major issues with the site, and hopefully, following further maintenance ove last weekend, the problems have been addressed.

My problems now resolved.

$3000 obc for my troubles :eek::D

NOT!!

If only the call centre could show the same efficiency.

Thanks UK RCI office. :)