The Blend Restaurant-K'dam

ZSandy25

Have any of you heard of this or is it new? I went to site to pre-book some dining options and The Blend popped up at $130. You could not review a menu as it was unavailable on the site.

Just thinking this may be there version of the Chef's Dinner and they are doing it as a pre-sale.

Is it $130 just for The Blend experience and the bottle of wine you take away? I wonder if it is eligible for mariner discounts if it is appearing under the specialty dining section.

Do you happen to know much is dinner in the Culinary Arts Center?

Is it $130 just for The Blend experience and the bottle of wine you take away? I wonder if it is eligible for mariner discounts if it is appearing under the specialty dining section.

Do you happen to know much is dinner in the Culinary Arts Center?

Not sure on Mariner discounts. CAC is $49 if I recall correctly and that included unlimited red and white wine (they have specific bottles they offer that are unlimited)

Blend does not have a Mariner discount, although you do receive a discount for two (assuming you go away with one bottle vs two bottles). Your wine blending education and experience is paired with light food.

It's an experience offered only on the Koningsdam and is quite enjoyable, shared by an intimate group of no more than 8 or 10 at a time. You should also be able to check it out and sign up on board. We enjoyed it!

On our sailing to the fjords, there were offers at the afternoon session of Blend giving you a complementary dinner at the CAC. Not sure if they specified which night you had to go.

That would be tempting!

Just to clarify, were these offers "advertised" or just a surprise perk after you were in the the blend session?

That would be tempting!

Just to clarify, were these offers "advertised" or just a surprise perk after you were in the the blend session?

They were listed in the program for the 3 pm session of Blend but not mentioned in the later times at 6 pm and 9 pm. My interpretation was that it was an offer for attending that timed session but I didn't inquire further......It was worded at the 3 pm slot "complementary CAC dinner with a Blend booking." The later times just stated Blend at the $129 price.

Edited by lilybob
spelling

• 1 year later...

When we were on Koningsdam in spring of 2017, Blend was sponsored by Château Ste Michelle, where you gathered to learn about and bottle your own custom red wines. We enjoyed that experience. I have read that the Culinary Arts Center (which we loved!) adjacent to Blend had been replaced by a completely different concept food venue (tapas, maybe), or by America's Test Kitchen. Very confusing information on the blogs...sorry.

When we were on Koningsdam in spring of 2017, Blend was sponsored by Château Ste Michelle, where you gathered to learn about and bottle your own custom red wines. We enjoyed that experience. I have read that the Culinary Arts Center (which we loved!) adjacent to Blend had been replaced by a completely different concept food venue (tapas, maybe), or by America's Test Kitchen. Very confusing information on the blogs...sorry.

Blend... that's what it was in October. Wine; not dinner. Next door was a farm to table concept.

That's right. And we loved the farm-to-table concept, because many of the very unusual ingredients they used were grown right on the ship. But, sadly, not enough people understood or bought into the concept, so I think they nixed it on the Nieuw Statendam and may have also axed it on Kdam. Hope I'm wrong. I think the replacement is America's Test Kitchen and or a tapas style venue with drinks.

Yes, Chateau Ste Michelle wine blending space is the $79 single, $99 couple space. The Culinary Arts Center is now ATK serving a la carte in the p.m. But it didn’t attract a lot of people. We felt it lacked an identity. It was a cement and steel sort of decor, small plates and large, started at Happy Hour and guaranteed sports games televised every night. The menu was on the Navigator but should have been at the door, too.

Yes, Chateau Ste Michelle wine blending space is the $79 single, $99 couple space. The Culinary Arts Center is now ATK serving a la carte in the p.m. But it didn’t attract a lot of people. We felt it lacked an identity. It was a cement and steel sort of decor, small plates and large, started at Happy Hour and guaranteed sports games televised every night. The menu was on the Navigator but should have been at the door, too.

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

What is chef's dinner? I see nothing about that listed or the $129 other people seemed to have been charged.

On many ships we have been on, there is usually a Chef Rudi's dinner one evening in the Pinnacle Grill. Limited to 18 people. We couldn't pre book it. Had to sign up for it right away when you got on the ship. Some times was sold out on the first day. Other times when we signed up, they cancelled it because not enough people signed up.

On many ships we have been on, there is usually a Chef Rudi's dinner one evening in the Pinnacle Grill. Limited to 18 people. We couldn't pre book it. Had to sign up for it right away when you got on the ship. Some times was sold out on the first day. Other times when we signed up, they cancelled it because not enough people signed up.

Thanks for the info, I have seen TV commercials in the stateroom about this dinner but never knew what it was.