Just off the Allure

sublarry

We are sitting in the airport awaiting our flight home. I will be happy to answer any questions I can about the cruise.

I did not get a beverage package so I will not be able to answer that one sorry!

Larry

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DId you see any drink cards for sale, and if so, what day and the cost?

Do you recall the price of VOOM?

We did the just coke card. It ended up at $78 each for the cruise. They were selling them the whole time we were on the ship. I did see a 10 drink package you could purchase but didn’t remember the price.

They have a cooler with 5 beers for $35 and you keep the cooler. I don’t remember seeing any buckets of beer offered.

Edited by sublarry

DId you see any drink cards for sale, and if so, what day and the cost?

Do you recall the price of VOOM?

Clare’s,

The Voom was $15.95 for the basic and $19.95 for the streaming package. Both those prices are per day.

I did see a Voom and drink package combined. It was 20% off the price if purchased separately. Once again, I didn’t really look at the drink package prices.

Thanks,

Larry

Clare’s,

The Voom was $15.95 for the basic and $19.95 for the streaming package. Both those prices are per day.

I did see a Voom and drink package combined. It was 20% off the price if purchased separately. Once again, I didn’t really look at the drink package prices.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks Larry, that matches the increase in VOOM prices I've seen reported elsewhere.

How was the cruise?

Keith

Keith,

It was great. Very windy sailing away from Ft.Lauderdale and most of the sea day on Monday. It was cloudy and rained on the sea day heading back.

We loved the cruise from the minute we stepped on the ship. The entertainment was great. Food was cruise food. We did the main dining room three nights and the Brazilian steakhouse one night. The Brazilian was $30 per person.

We were on the Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel itinerary.

We've only been on Voyager class ships thus far and have a cruise on Allure planned in September. How would you compare the crowd sizes on the ship and getting off at ports?

Terri,

This was the largest ship we had been on. We had done the Epic a few years ago.

I really liked the Allure better than the Epic. Except for Deck 6 everything is very easy to get around. The Boardwalk is accessible from the elevators. The photo shop and Spinacker were both steps up from deck 5.

There were very few lines on the ship that we were in. I guess we just had good timing. We saw a few lines here and there.

We were the only ship in Labadee so that was no problem. I think there were only 2 in Falmouth. I think I know where everyone’s bad opinions of Jamaica come from. We were in Ocho on the Epic and loved that. Falmouth I would either take a overpriced excursion from the ship or stay in next time.

There were 7 ships in Cozumel. The cab line was longer than I ever remember it, but other than that it was fine. Knowing how many ships would be in port we chose Nachi Cocum as our beach and could not have been happier.

Getting off the ship was easy. There were no tender ports. I would think that would take some time if there were.

We could have gotten off the ship at 7:45 this morning but stayed on a little bit. It took about 20 minutes to get our luggage and go thru customs. If you carry your own luggage off they have a new program. You can download a app called Mobile Passport and go thru. There are no more declaration cards.

We caught a cab within 2 minutes of clearing customs.

Have a great trip!

Larry

What is this card?

They put a sticker on your sail and sign card. I guess they call it seapass on Royal. It was for soda and bottle water I think. All the sodas you can drink. They have the new Coke machines with the touchscreens if you have this sticker. They give you a cup to use.

What was the air- conditioning like? I went on my first Caribbean cruise 10 years ago and took lots of strappy cocktail dresses to wear in the evening. I can remember being absolutely frozen in the public areas and had to keep nipping onto the deck to keep warm.

On our last couple of med cruise it didn't seem quite as cold.

What was the air- conditioning like? I went on my first Caribbean cruise 10 years ago and took lots of strappy cocktail dresses to wear in the evening. I can remember being absolutely frozen in the public areas and had to keep nipping onto the deck to keep warm.

On our last couple of med cruise it didn't seem quite as cold.

It was good. The cabin kept about how we liked it. The cabin has a cooler/warmer knob. It was a little chilly in the theater and Studio B. We expected cold in Studio B because of the ice.

I was comfortable but my wife had a sweater like cover up for the shows.

Larry

Just to add about the alcoholic drink card. I sailed in Dec. and I got it Wed. evening for $85. It may have been available earlier in the day, but that is when I saw a table set up on Promenade. I didn’t ask at any bars earlier. It came to $100 and some change with the gratuity. That was an Eastern Carib sailing.