AARP Gift Cards - check your email

cespo

Placed my order for 2 $500.00 aarp carnival gift cards on Tuesday night. Received an email this morning to call them and had to verify placing the order and shipping address. Also told me that they do get shipped via ups or fed ex and must sign for the package.

So just a fyi to check your emails incase you need to verify purchase, since it wont be shipped out without doing so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Forums mobile app

I've bought $1700 worth in 3 separate transactions in the past month. I never had to verify the purchase. So, your mileage might vary. Yes, they did require UPS signature on delivery.

As I was reading this post I heard my iPad "ding" signaling an email. Yup, it was an email from aarp asking to verify the cards. Took me about two minutes on the phone with them. They told me when you buy over $500 they verify you actually purchased them. They make sure they have correct address. So, if you did buy over $500 expect the email.

As I was reading this post I heard my iPad "ding" signaling an email. Yup, it was an email from aarp asking to verify the cards. Took me about two minutes on the phone with them. They told me when you buy over $500 they verify you actually purchased them. They make sure they have correct address. So, if you did buy over $500 expect the email.

I'm in AARP Rewards for Good and I only see the gift card for RCL. Help?

Cruising maniac and Sparky2-they sold out yesterday.

Thanks. I guess I forgot to check yesterday. They were sold out a previous time I checked. Do you have any idea how long before they restock?

Thanks. I guess I forgot to check yesterday. They were sold out a previous time I checked. Do you have any idea how long before they restock?

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to them. Others have tried to find a pattern without any success. The only thing I've been able to see for sure is that when they are there you better act fast because they won't be for long!! Normally it is morning, I haven't seen them posted in the afternoon but maybe I've just missed it.

It's the same company that administers both Verizon and aarp and they appear to be on sale the same time. Usually once a week, but doesn't seem to be a certain day or time. I wouldn't have known the last two times if it wasn't for CC members posting.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to them. Others have tried to find a pattern without any success. The only thing I've been able to see for sure is that when they are there you better act fast because they won't be for long!! Normally it is morning, I haven't seen them posted in the afternoon but maybe I've just missed it.

The last time they went on sale was Tuesday evening and there was still some cards in the morning. I was surprised, but I think it was because people didn't expect them to be available in the evening. I check first thing in the morning and a few times throughout the day when I'm wanting to buy some.

I also got the e-mail to verify. I thought maybe it was because my billing address and shipping address were different. I had them mailed to a relative's house who I knew would be home to sign for delivery. Maybe certain credit cards trigger verification alerts??? While I appreciate the added security, I am disappointed that this has delayed shipment of the cards I ordered. I was hoping to use them on a cruise that departs next weekend and chances are slim that they will arrive in time now. Oh well, I'll just use them to pay for some of next summer's cruise. :)

I know this must be a dumb question, but what is an AARP Carnival Gift Card & how do you get it? Do you pay a reduced amount for it (say $75 for a $100 card)? I had the same question about the Verizon card. I'm still confused about that.

Edited by PTAngel

I know this must be a dumb question, but what is an AARP Carnival Gift Card & how do you get it? Do you pay a reduced amount for it (say $75 for a $100 card)? I had the same question about the Verizon card. I'm still confused about that.

AARP is for 50 or over or maybe 55 yrs old. You have to join and the membership is about $16. a yr. There could be some good discounts I'm discovering! With the gift cards you pay $90. for a $100 or $450. for a $500. plus S/H of $1.59. Also, you have to use points, which are very easy to earn through a couple surveys.

AARP is for 50 or over or maybe 55 yrs old. You have to join and the membership is about $16. a yr. There could be some good discounts I'm discovering! With the gift cards you pay $90. for a $100 or $450. for a $500. plus S/H of $1.59. Also, you have to use points, which are very easy to earn through a couple surveys.

This is actually incorrect. In order to join the web site and get the gift cards you only have to be 18 and you do not have to be a member of AARP.

All you do is join the website, start taking quizzes to earn points and then order the gift cards when they become available.

The Carnival gift cards are a 10% discount with 59 cent shipping. I also buy other gift cards. One really good one is for the Ryans, Old Country Buffet, Hometown Buffet restaurants...they are 40% off so you can get a $50 card for $30.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

My gift cards still have not shipped. I verified my purchase within an hour of getting the e-mail. Anybody else still waiting on your gift card order from Tuesday to ship?

I'm getting antsy! LOL...

My gift cards still have not shipped. I verified my purchase within an hour of getting the e-mail. Anybody else still waiting on your gift card order from Tuesday to ship?

Mine haven't shipped either but remember it is a holiday today for most people since tomorrow is the 4th.

Mine haven't shipped either but remember it is a holiday today for most people since tomorrow is the 4th.

I take that back. When I look under my account, it shows they shipped them today.

I take that back. When I look under my account, it shows they shipped them today.

Yay, mine are showing shipped as well! No tracking info (yet) though! :)

There's a chance may get here before I leave for my cruise! Thanks for the update!

OK, what am I missing? I go to the AARP website and type in CCL gift cards. Then I click and it takes me to Giftly which charges a processing fee. I thought you got a 105 add on with the gift cards. I can not find that anywhere, just a 3% service charge, whats the point?