Gem 4/28/2018 Semi-Live again, take #3 NY-Port Canaveral-GSC-Nassau, what's new !

mking8288

Here we go, Gem is here at MCT Pier 88 again, docked about 30 minutes ago and we are ready to sail this route again ... boring, I know. But, extended family tend some time together to enjoy, senior & retirement moments for some and I get to check out, share what's new (if any), different and changed ... and won't tell you the same old, unless asked or warranted.

78d935b4f0bad0fcaad972cb170c4d29.jpg

Marinetraffic's AIS data as we tracked her last night, ship's live webcam remained offline for days - it made GSC this week.

e0a9be71d512cd54cef012ae8617e014.jpg

ad9c5eefe33eeb2236432091d6745773.jpg

Going to get some "free" WiFi internet minutes, 310 + another 250 to use, plus we will be on cellular in GSC and Nassau - BTC, cheap with Project Fi, no time wasted to hunt for open, unsecured WiFi. Freestyle Dailies will get posted as time/minutes allowed, otherwise, upload them afterward.

Will check out what's new with iConcierge, the new ?? internet plans onboard in terms of speed & prices; and, whether iMessage and other VoIP or WiFi calling work, well or not ... including Ooma as many are cutting the cable/Fios cords at home.

MDR Menus for 2018, I don't know but if we do - you will learn soon enough, including items from O'Sheehan's. We will only do 2 nights of comp'd Specialty Dining ... yes, menu & pictures while we dine, the goods & the so so. Nightly Specials & deals ??

Cruise terminal - quick news on checking in, priorities, boarding sequence, and how disorganized, etc. Breaking news alert that might be of importance, I will get them out with short posts here.

For those that wish to follow, enjoy and if you got questions, please ask - will do our best to get to it, as we could - as we don't plan to do this live the whole week. Once we sail under the VZ Bridge, we expect land signal to fade & will sign off, get ready to enjoy & head for dinner, etc.

Tomorrow, we got a busy morning with a fun Roll Call Meet & Mingle ... might find some time to catch up & post. Otherwise, will get some "airtime" on Monday once we get into Florida & pickup our 4G signal for faster connection.

Time to sing ... all our bags are packed and ready to go ... leaving via a Carmel ... (actually, we have folks flying into LGA this morning, on the day of sailing, while others drove in yesterday)

845cbc224939c3f435cc813c07145100.jpg

... oh, well - already reading about a "delay" this morning of slow disembarkation

Edited by mking8288

mking8288, if you use Carmel upon your return (I'm sure you don't want to think about that now!), can you post your steps as far as calling and meeting the car (when you called, where you were picked up). Happy sailing! I'll be on the Gem in early June. Thank you!

And we are on the move, safety drills at 2 pm. 1 out of 2 checked bags arrived. Sailing on time, heading south on the Hudson now.

Mini bar prices and Room Breakfast menu.

2dc1e531b25e25c678c5a6001700737a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This is of interest, our 2 SIL and BIL are in #8100, obstructed oceanview for accessible. It has a decent view over the last lifeboat, assigned just last week as being available on a last minute booking, but subject to be moved.

30304856d4c096d204358a93aa2530f9.jpg

f243ca50bb4538d4838831079561af95.jpg

c6c62399d6e24038136dfd94eb7e6052.jpg

914d9cbaf1547c787589676840d65aeb.jpg

Thanks all, Dexddd, Meatballnyc and others ... if I can help answer questions, just ask ... very smooth & calm seas.

Oh, yes - bottled water prices, plus ... 20% for the convenience.

7cee1226f0f284d8e1339c5211f7d482.jpg

Wine deals, I will see what I can find out & post later. Right now, no bottled water for the Platinum or sparkling wine, no welcome letter, etc.

Passed under the VZ Bridge already, soon to lose our 4G signal ... till I get on this free WiFi deal. Please standby & leave comments, shall be back.

50279c2b87082bc4d3cafb37ea8657cc.jpg

Edited by mking8288