How to get extra "points"- crown and anchor

cpannkuk

The Enchantment of the Seas was stretched to make it slightly larger than other Vision Class Vessels, but they decided the operation was too expensive to do it with other ships. I love the smaller and medium sized ships over the modern behemoths because cruise lines tend to put more people on the ships without enlarging the shared areas commensurate with the additional people.

We use to think that way as well and loved the Radiance class. Then we sailed on Oasis and it actual felt less crowed than Radiance because of all the added common areas. We are now kind of hooked on those ships and love the experience.

I understand that you get double points for a suite or higher. (Does this include jr suites)

Also are there any other ways of getting additional points? Just curious. I am one point away from platinum and the other levels seem so far away!!! I thought some other lines had specials once in awhile but I didn't know about rccl

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Find a cheap three night cruise.

So how would this work if we did a 7 night Alaska cruise in a JS and then do a 3 day land tour with the ship. Is that 14 points extra or 20 points extra?

I called Crown & Anchor- you get 2 points for each day at sea in a junior suite and 0 points for the land portion!!

I called Crown & Anchor- you get 2 points for each day at sea in a junior suite and 0 points for the land portion!!

That is incorrect information, call again and ask. We sailed Radiance in May, 4 night land tour followed by 7 night cruise in a JS. We received 22 points.

Edit: Footnote 14 of this document.

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid_11.6.17-1.pdf

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category including reduced rate upgrades.

O actually find that Royal has done an excellent job with adding common areas as the ships get larger. Look at Oasis class and all the different areas.

Passenger to space ratio on the Vision is 38.2 while on Oasis it’s 41.7. Other than when a show gets let out I find the Oasis class seem less crowded than the smaller ships. At least for now those that like the smaller ships can still sail on Royal.

The numbers are a bit deceiving, especially on ships with a Royal Promenade. The numbers denote volume, not floor space. So if the Royal Promenade is 4 decks high rather than 3 decks high, the numbers would go up, but there would be no more space for people to inhabit. Put another way, if Royal covered Central Park (making it an enclosed space for the purposes of GT measurement), that would add many more tons of volume, but would not lessen the crowding.

The numbers are a bit deceiving, especially on ships with a Royal Promenade. The numbers denote volume, not floor space. So if the Royal Promenade is 4 decks high rather than 3 decks high, the numbers would go up, but there would be no more space for people to inhabit. Put another way, if Royal covered Central Park (making it an enclosed space for the purposes of GT measurement), that would add many more tons of volume, but would not lessen the crowding.

Understood but by that same logic all of the space in a Central Park, the Boardwalk, Aquatheatre and her huge upper decks is also not counted in the gross tonnage.

What we really need for an accurate comparison is the square footage numbers of public venues not including cabins and corridors.

Back in 2004 cruise credits were issued and not cruise points. You received 1 cruise credit for each completed cruise regardless of he length of cruise.

In 2011 they changed to the current system of awarding 1 point per night. When they did the conversion each cruise credit was equal to 7 points. they also added in a fudge factor of 1.

1 credit became 8 points

2 credits became 15 points

The fudge factor did increase if you had a higher number of cruise credits but that is why you received 8 points.

Didn't you get 2 cruise credits if you booked a JS or higher and another cruise credit for cruises longer than 11 nights ?

So how would this work if we did a 7 night Alaska cruise in a JS and then do a 3 day land tour with the ship. Is that 14 points extra or 20 points extra?

You get points for the cruise tour too so you will get 14 for the cruise, and I believe because you are in JS on board, that your cruisetour points are also doubled up to 6. 20 in total.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't you get 2 cruise credits if you booked a JS or higher and another cruise credit for cruises longer than 11 nights ?

I have no idea.

3 years ago the poster that I replied to asked why he received 8 points for a 7 day cruise so that was irrelevant to the question that I answered.

From Jan 2003 to Jan 2011, we got an extra cruise credit for cruises of 12 days or longer.

From Jan 2004 to Jan 2011, we got an extra cruise credit for sailing in a JS or better.

That is incorrect information, call again and ask. We sailed Radiance in May, 4 night land tour followed by 7 night cruise in a JS. We received 22 points.

Edit: Footnote 14 of this document.

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid_11.6.17-

1.pdf

thank you- that makes sense to me

OK. I'm really confused on the points system. I think they owe us some points

We did a 12 night in 2008

a 12 night in 2007

a 9 night in 2008

a 7 night in 2010

a 16 night in 2012

We were given 61 points, is this correct? or do they owe us more?

a 12 night in 2007

a 9 night in 2008

a 7 night in 2010

these were under the old programme

a 16 night in 2012

Were you in JS for all of these?

Edited by little britain

a 12 night in 2007

a 9 night in 2008

a 7 night in 2010

a 16 night in 2012

It is correct. 2 credits each for the two 12 night cruises, 1 credit for each of the 7 and 9 night cruises is 6 credits * 7 is 42 points plus 3 additional points as a fudge factor is 45 points plus 16 for the cruise in 2012 is 61.