How to get extra "points"- crown and anchor

cpannkuk

i just called C&A they said the double points didn't start till 2013, and i was SOL, haha

Well the extra credit for suites started before Jan 2004. You should have been given 2 cruise credits for that cruise. How many points you converted to depends on how many credits you had at the time of the switch to points.

Thanks for the breakdown of points conversion cruisegirl1!

Edited by sassmofi
Added info

i just called C&A they said the double points didn't start till 2013, and i was SOL, haha

Sorry but you were given incorrect information. An extra credit for a paid suite was in effect way before the conversion from credits to points which was in January 2011. I am sure many C&A agents are not even aware that there was a credit to point conversion years ago. Call back

Good luck

M

Call again. Whoever you spoke with is wrong. We were in a JS on our TA. See below from my completed cruises.

Date Of Departure Ship Name Itinerary/Comments Credit Value

10-Nov-08 Navigator Of The Seas 12 Night Spanish Transatlantic Cruise 3

Sorry but you were given incorrect information. An extra credit for a paid suite was in effect way before the conversion from credits to points which was in January 2011. I am sure many C&A agents are not even aware that there was a credit to point conversion years ago. Call back

Good luck

M

Call again. Whoever you spoke with is wrong. We were in a JS on our TA. See below from my completed cruises.

Date Of Departure Ship Name Itinerary/Comments Credit Value

10-Nov-08 Navigator Of The Seas 12 Night Spanish Transatlantic Cruise 3

Agree, we were in a JS in June of 08 and got double points. Call again and try another rep. Assuming you are calling the C&A number, not the regular reservation line?

Well the extra credit for suites started before Jan 2004. You should have been given 2 cruise credits for that cruise. How many points you converted to depends on how many credits you had at the time of the switch to points.

i got 9 points for a 9 night cruise in a JS in 2011

i got 9 points for a 9 night cruise in a JS in 2011

For some reason I had misread you took the cruise in 2008.

Huh, I wonder if you took your J/S cruise in a weird transition time from when credits were converted to points in 2011.

There was definitely and an extra cruise credit for J/S for Jan 2004 till the points conversion in 2011.

I was just on the Freedom in December and I will be going on the Independence in April and I will have 174 cruise nights. My next cruise is in October and the Loyalty Ambassador told me I had to complete my October cruise before I would get my Diamond Plus status.

Where do they think I am going???? I will be on the ship for the week.... I only need one cruise night!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just on the Freedom in December and I will be going on the Independence in April and I will have 174 cruise nights. My next cruise is in October and the Loyalty Ambassador told me I had to complete my October cruise before I would get my Diamond Plus status.

Where do they think I am going???? I will be on the ship for the week.... I only need one cruise night!!!

That's correct. Points are given at the completion of the cruise.

I'm excited that I'll make the leap from Emerald to Diamond in one cruise. I only just made Emerald on the last one, and will be Diamond when I step off the Serenade in Boston. Thirteen nights in my first ever suite :D

And nothing else!

You are correct...]

Just a request, could you please stack your future cruise countdowns rather than have them side by side? Every thread you post in requires me to scroll the screen back and forth to read the posts. thank you :)

Edited by Cruzin-K

Just a request, could you please stack your future cruise countdowns rather than have them side by side? Every thread you post in requires me to scroll the screen back and forth to read the posts. thank you :)

That's why I finally turned off my signatures. I got fed up trying to read half of the posts.

For some reason I had misread you took the cruise in 2008.

Huh, I wonder if you took your J/S cruise in a weird transition time from when credits were converted to points in 2011.

There was definitely and an extra cruise credit for J/S for Jan 2004 till the points conversion in 2011.

I was on a cruise during the conversion and at first I received one POINT for the 7 night cruise rather than one credit (under the old system) or 7 points (under the new system). It took 3 months to finally get it worked out.

If in transition, the double points would not have been an issue. The only thing I can come up with is that the JS was a complementary upgrade. No extra points for that.

Hope the poster gets it worked out

M

I'm with you. I don't care about all the cruises everyone else has been on ... and it makes the threads so much easier to read with that turned off, except I miss people's real names a lot of the time.

:rolleyes:

Tom

That's why I finally turned off my signatures. I got fed up trying to read half of the posts.

I'm with you. I don't care about all the cruises everyone else has been on ... and it makes the threads so much easier to read with that turned off, except I miss people's real names a lot of the time.

:rolleyes:

Tom

I like to see it cause I find it fun to find out I was on a cruise with a board member and I didn't know. Or I can ask about a specific cruise/itinary.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

Thank you, I was too much of a chicken to ask the same thing.:o:D

A suite isn't in the budget, we're happy with the balcony. I'll have to look at doing a B2B on the Grandeur. We're just so close to D+..........

Keep checking the prices. When our TA on Legend first appeared, there was $20 per person difference between the JS and the Balcony.

Cruise points are better than credits! On Celebrity, we had two cruise credits for sailing 11 nights in a suite. It would have been two cruise credits for 7 nights in a suite too. But for 12 days, we would have gotten an extra point. These days on celebrity, we get daily points from 2 to 18 depending on category. MUCH better!

Happened to us too. If you're on a B2B, be sure to take a printout of your cruise history w/ you. We had cruised in February, and the first leg of our B2B was in April. But they had cruise history for us that didn't include our February cruise. Fortunately, they were able to download it.

so i called again this morning and another woman said the double points didnt start till 2012, the person yesterday told me 2013.

so i called back again shortly thereafter and got someone who said the double points started in 2004 so they gave me my double points from a few years back, what a win.. thanks to all you for your input...

so i called again this morning and another woman said the double points didnt start till 2012, the person yesterday told me 2013.

so i called back again shortly thereafter and got someone who said the double points started in 2004 so they gave me my double points from a few years back, what a win.. thanks to all you for your input...

Glad you got it straightened out. It's too bad you had to call so many times before you got someone who had the correct information.