Cagneys

smeck

i noticed Carney’s is priced Ala Carte. How does it work with the specialty dining plan?

Usually, you get one entree included, plus appetizers/sides and dessert. If you are a light eater, you might opt to pay the ala carte pricing (for example, if you tend to skip dessert and will split an appetizer or side dishes), as this may be less than the dining plan price. If you will eat more than 2 courses, the dining plan price tends to be a better deal.

That’s not what they told us in there last week.

Just off the Gem 10/31 cruise, having my platinum dinner at Cagney's I overheard waiter telling other patrons exactly what you stated here. Things must be changing again, silently as usual.

You get 1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree, 2 sides and 1 dessert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are using your SDP or the free specialty dining bonus, depending on who is waiting on you...you get 1 entree and unlimited apps, sides and desserts. Some allow those unlimited items and some do not. Seems many people have different experiences with this.

We were told on the Getaway last month for our Cagney's Platinum dinner that we could have 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, and 1 dessert. If your entrée equaled $20 then you had to pay extra for the sides.

We complained, of course, and the manager included the sides. Personally, I thought it was pretty cheap of NCL to place these limitation on the sides considering the portions and the fact that they are readily available all over the ship

We were told on the Getaway last month for our Cagney's Platinum dinner that we could have 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, and 1 dessert. If your entrée equaled $20 then you had to pay extra for the sides.

We complained, of course, and the manager included the sides. Personally, I thought it was pretty cheap of NCL to place these limitation on the sides considering the portions and the fact that they are readily available all over the ship

The platinum dinner and the SDP dinner do not include the same things. I believe that the OP was inquiring about what was included with the SDP.

If you are using your SDP or the free specialty dining bonus, depending on who is waiting on you...you get 1 entree and unlimited apps, sides and desserts. Some allow those unlimited items and some do not. Seems many people have different experiences with this.

3 times last week and 3 different servers repeated "You get 1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree, 2 sides and 1 dessert" verbatim.

I was on the Gem last week and went to Cagney's three times on the 11 day cruise using the SDP. I got 3 sides each time cause they're good but tiny and was never charged extra for them. I think with the SDP it's unlimited sides at Cagney's (and possibly other items but I can only speak to the sides from personal experience) but the voucher seems more arbitrary in how strictly it is enforced.

You get 1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree, 2 sides and 1 dessert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s what they enforced on The Getaway last week. We along with many others were surprised by this. Some were upset. We’ve been to Cagney’s numerous times and always enjoyed unlimited appetizers (love those crab cakes). Apparently that’s no more:(

Just because people were limited to just one app or side recently with the SDP doesn’t mean that anything is changing.

Ever since the a la carte pricing was introduced over two years ago, there have been reports of staff trying to limit people, just as there have been reports of people being allowed multiples.

Nothing is changing here at all.

It is, and has always been, quite random. What is a fact though is that the T&Cs just state that there is a limit to the number of entrees and nothing else. If you intend to have multiples of other courses and feel like arguing the point then print a copy of those T&Cs and ask them to show you where the restriction is printed. Ask to see a supervisor if they don’t back down.

Personally, I’m happy with just one app and dessert, but if you want more then you are entitled to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can't "enforce" something that isn't in the terms. Print them out and share them with your server if you have a server who is unclear about the written terms.

And yes, there are differences between the Platinum meal and the SDP meal regarding limits.

I have never asked what I can order. I've simply ordered. At the end, if my check has unexpected charges, I would ask at that time. However, that has never happened. I've always had servers that stick to the terms.

As has been stated, you are talking about the Platinum meal, whereas this thread is about the SDP.

What you experienced is in line with the T&Cs for the Platinum meal.

They can't "enforce" something that isn't in the terms. Print them out and share them with your server if you have a server who is unclear about the written terms.

And yes, there are differences between the Platinum meal and the SDP meal regarding limits.

I have never asked what I can order. I've simply ordered. At the end, if my check has unexpected charges, I would ask at that time. However, that has never happened. I've always had servers that stick to the terms.

I hear you Lrg. We actually were saying we wish we had a written copy of the terms. Really didn’t feel like putting up a fuss so we played the roll of humble sheep.

To everyone that has had the filet at Cagneys, did it taste....flame broiled to you? as in...Home of the Whopper flame broiled....

Both my wife's and mine tasted like a steak that passed through the grill at Burger King. I like Whoppers but this was....unexpected and not desired.

To everyone that has had the filet at Cagneys, did it taste....flame broiled to you? as in...Home of the Whopper flame broiled....

Both my wife's and mine tasted like a steak that passed through the grill at Burger King. I like Whoppers but this was....unexpected and not desired.

Wish it was so - I like the flame scorched beef of the Burger King burger.

When they first started business you could see the flame broiling patties right in front of you.

Now what they do is flame the patties in advance and then nuke (microwave) warm them right after ordering.

Getting back to Cagney's which I find closer to Omaha steaks.

I always order the petite filet mignon 5 ounce the 8 oz is just too much when adding the side extras.

Every time I have had the filet the meat was seared to perfection (med-well) - the steak knife just needed

to butter its passing thru the beef - no chain saw massacre with tough grizzled beef.

I did not find the filet with a flame broiled taste or seasoning - maybe NCL has a secret recipe with special

(seasoning) sauce like that other golden arches burger place masking your hallucinating taste buds ! LOL !

Cagney's is my favorite SDP restaurant - except for Los Lobos on the NCL DAWN.

Flame broiled like Burger King? Um, no. Does it taste like it was cooked on a flame? Yes, because like all good steaks, it is. On at least some of the ships, you can stand there and watch them cook it.

Flame broiled like Burger King? Um, no. Does it taste like it was cooked on a flame? Yes, because like all good steaks, it is. On at least some of the ships, you can stand there and watch them cook it.

Actually, the best restaurants don't use an open flame for cooking cuts like the filet.

It is pan seared and often finished in an oven. By best restaurants, I mean those with Michelin stars and those

trying to earn them. Not my point though....

We'll try it again in March, perhaps it was a fluke that evening.

Actually, the best restaurants don't use an open flame for cooking cuts like the filet.

It is pan seared and often finished in an oven. By best restaurants, I mean those with Michelin stars and those

trying to earn them. Not my point though....

We'll try it again in March, perhaps it was a fluke that evening.

And the best steaks are generally found at the offbeat places in cattle country out west, rather than in Michelin star restaurants, but we are getting way off topic now...