Coffee Menu from International Cafe

judydoc

What exactly is the "premium" brewed tea that you can get without using a punch on your card?

Princess' ships, besides the Royal class, uses cheap coffee concentrate as the free stuff aboard. Using a café card, you can get a real, ground-bean brew fresh without paying extra.

Princess' ships, besides the Royal class, uses cheap coffee concentrate as the free stuff aboard. Using a café card, you can get a real, ground-bean brew fresh without paying extra.

I understand that you can get fresh brewed coffee. I just wondered if the unlimited "premium brewed tea" (from the bottom of the menu) is really much different than using a tea bag at the buffet.

I understand that you can get fresh brewed coffee. I just wondered if the unlimited "premium brewed tea" that is provided is really much different than using a tea bag at the buffet.

My understanding is that it is not "brewed" tea as is served at Afternoon Tea in the MDR, just a better quality bag tea than the Lipton or Twinings found in the HC. At least better in Princess' book. The only real effect is that if you have a coffee card but feel like a cup of tea at the moment you don't have to schlep up to the HC.

I really enjoyed the tea (https://www.mightyleaf.com/) served on Island Princess, think it has about 8 different flavors. The tea at buffet has NO comparison. I also use it to make my own ice tea.

Tastes good and the tea bags are really pretty ;).

To answer the question above about the tea at IC...You can get a nice ceramic pot of tea or a Go cup. The pot holds 2 or 3 cups of tea. Very nice.

The tea in the buffet or MDR is plain old tea bags like you can buy at the grocery store.

What exactly is the "premium" brewed tea that you can get without using a punch on your card?

Mighty Leaf tea bags, various flavors. Is it better than the regular and special flavor tea bags in the buffet? Maybe. It is available at no extra charge if you have a current voyage coffee card, it is in the Piazza area, and it can be served by the pot. It's a nice amenity for those with the coffee card. If you have an older coffee card it is available for a punch.

I frequently got a mint tea bag to go on our Caribbean Princess cruise last month. The dining room did not have any mint tea. Our assistant waiter would bring me a pot of hot water for my mint tea at the end of dinner. I know the bag was nicer. Nevertheless, I'm not sure it was that much better quality. The chamomile tea I had on other nights was fine.

Does anyone remember what type of Mighty Leaf green tea they had at the IC?

I seem to remember there was no plain green (just flavored).

We will be on the Emerald soon for 28 days and if there is no plain green I may just bring my own.

(We have the AIBP so not worried about charges for the tea - I just like unflavored green.)

Thanks!

Does anyone remember what type of Mighty Leaf green tea they had at the IC?

I seem to remember there was no plain green (just flavored).

We will be on the Emerald soon for 28 days and if there is no plain green I may just bring my own.

(We have the AIBP so not worried about charges for the tea - I just like unflavored green.)

Thanks!

I forget what flavor it was, something fruity I think. If my addled memory serves me correctly, I there there was plain green tea in the horizon court buffet area, there were about 8 different types of tea bags (I think Bigelow brand). I would bring some too, just in case. Sometimes they run out. DH has to have his chamomile at night, so I always throw a handful into the suitcase.

I do not see a frap listed but sometimes a menu is not set in stone.. that was why i was asking..

One can always ask for anything. At the worst they will say no. It never hurts to ask. It's like the folks who see the posted mocktail menu. It only lists a few drinks but they will make anything as a "virgin" if one asks. I say go for it and see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...
so to get Americano coffees we would have to get the card or pay for the coffee ourselves? we did purchase a card to share between us. we don't drink the fancy drinks but love Americano.

When one purchases a coffee card the fresh-brewed coffee is supposed to be for the one person who holds the card. The punches are free to share with anybody.