Lost cards or cards that no longer work

Jo and Rob

If you prepay pre-cruise for a beverage package it is embedded in your cruise card. No sticker on the card. If your cruise card becomes demagnetized your replacement one will have all the information embedded as well.

Issue I had on Royal Princess was not with the beverage package but the Enclave pass, which is a sticker on the card. I managed to not demagnetize my card (by putting it in the same pocket as my magnetic sunglasses--a mistake I am doomed to make the rest of my cruising career I guess) until the last day. When I went to guest services they told me I should just hang onto the old one as well for admission to the Enclave. What would have happened had I lost the card, who knows in this instance. But if you lose your card with the PBP embedded it is down to the bartender for not comparing the photo when swiping.

If you prepay pre-cruise for a beverage package it is embedded in your cruise card. No sticker on the card. If your cruise card becomes demagnetized your replacement one will have all the information embedded as well.

Issue I had on Royal Princess was not with the beverage package but the Enclave pass, which is a sticker on the card. I managed to not demagnetize my card (by putting it in the same pocket as my magnetic sunglasses--a mistake I am doomed to make the rest of my cruising career I guess) until the last day. When I went to guest services they told me I should just hang onto the old one as well for admission to the Enclave. What would have happened had I lost the card, who knows in this instance. But if you lose your card with the PBP embedded it is down to the bartender for not comparing the photo when swiping.

So does it say on the card you have the Unlimited and More soda package and coffee card or do you just trust it will work when buying a drink? We normally buy on board so this is new for us. We are used to the stickers.

So does it say on the card you have the Unlimited and More soda package and coffee card or do you just trust it will work when buying a drink? We normally buy on board so this is new for us. We are used to the stickers.

The packages are stored in the computer system. When the crew swipe your card or input your folio number your packages appear and they record your drinks accordingly.

Nothing appears on the card.

If you prepurchase, the info is already in the system.

If you buy onboard, they key them in after sailaway ( avoid tax) so you have to carry around the paper receipt to show bartenders that you have a package, until the papers are delivered to accounting and keyed in.

If you prepurchase, make sure you printout your receipts and bring them along just in case there is an error.

As both hubby and I buy a package, we usually take turns taking both cards to the bar to get drinks - one per card. Easier than waiting to flag down a waiter. We've had no issues as long as we take both cards.

Does not say on the card........

Its in the onboard system. New card, it still works the same as the old one.

They swipe it and it show in the system that you have a package.

Does not say on the card........

Its in the onboard system. New card, it still works the same as the old one.

They swipe it and it show in the system that you have a package.

No Problem ... Don't Worry!

The above is true! :)

We got off the Pacific about a month ago. We had the PBP (via Sip & Sail). There was no indication of the package visible on our card. It was stored electronically on the card. When my card was de-magnetized, I went to the Passenger Services desk. The PBP came with the new card.

If you’re concerned that you’re getting charged for the drink despite having purchased the package, just stop by a kiosk and check your account. If it shows drink charges, head over to the Service desk and they’ll be removed. Some people print out their confirmation before boarding, in case there’s any question.

But really, don’t worry about it.

If you’re concerned that you’re getting charged for the drink despite having purchased the package, just stop by a kiosk and check your account. If it shows drink charges, head over to the Service desk and they’ll be removed. Some people print out their confirmation before boarding, in case there’s any question.

But really, don’t worry about it.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm a born worrier! I've printed out the cruise summary which shows all the packages but hopefully there won't be a hiccup. Not long now only 6 days!!!!!

Be careful how you charge the drinks if you dont both have the drinks package.

We have just come off the Royal I had the soda and more package and husband no package. On the first evening I ordered a mocktail and husband had a beer and I paid for both on my card so expected to be charged only for the beer. On checking the account the next day I noticed I had been charged for both drinks so queried it at guest services. It took them ages to work it out but eventually said it was because there were 2 drinks on my card at the same time, even though I expected to pay for one anyway. Didnt make any sense to me but from then on husband paid on his own card for his drinks.

We never had to do this when there was a sticker on the card and I could just pay for his drink instead of getting 2 cards out as all the charges for the cabin go to my credit card anyway.

This also means if you want to buy a drink for anyone you wont get yours free.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for that. Your reply hadnt appeared when I responded.[emoji6]

I think the wait staff is still confused on the new cards. I ordered a mocktail at dinner one night and the waiter brought over a form for me to sign. Other times, I ordered a soda from a bar and the bartender didn't even ask for my card. Maybe he remembered me?

I think the wait staff is still confused on the new cards. I ordered a mocktail at dinner one night and the waiter brought over a form for me to sign. Other times, I ordered a soda from a bar and the bartender didn't even ask for my card. Maybe he remembered me?
Yes I think you are right. Sometimes in the buffet when I ordered a coke they asked if I had a package and didnt want to see my card and other times asked for it.

Am I right in thinking that if a drink is free there is nothing to sign for?
You dont sign for any drinks now paid or not unless they are over a certain amount ($50 I think) and they dont provide receipts either. They say it is to save on paper but still deliver half a rain forest of flyers to the cabin everyday selling the spa and shops!

You dont sign for any drinks now paid or not unless they are over a certain amount ($50 I think) and they dont provide receipts either. They say it is to save on paper but still deliver half a rain forest of flyers to the cabin everyday selling the spa and shops!

Don't forget the art flyers, there's the other half!

No receipts? I'm not keen on that.