Can you bring toilet paper onboard??

JEDIKNIGHT

If one is accustomed to only the best in life, and therefore wishes to bring aboard 2-ply toilet paper.....

1.)What is the limit? Is it like alcohol? Are you allowed to bring 2 rolls of 2-ply? What if you bring just one roll of 4-ply? Heck what if you bring aboard a tree? Will security confiscate it along with your scotch?

2.)AUTO-TIPPING. Would you adjust your tips up or down for the room steward if you brought your own 2-ply toilet paper?

:D

I can't be certain, but there have been numerous threads on this subject. They have mentioned that the toilet paper provided is designed to work well with the ship's vacuum sewer system. Anything other than that may lead to blockages. Some blockages may impact an entire group of cabins. The cruiseline may charge you for repair expenses in some cases.

I don't know if they would actually confiscate your own if you bring it on board, but why don't you just use theirs, and simply use multiple sheets as necessary rather than toting your own?

If one is accustomed to only the best in life, and therefore wishes to bring aboard 2-ply toilet paper.....

1.)What is the limit? Is it like alcohol? Are you allowed to bring 2 rolls of 2-ply? What if you bring just one roll of 4-ply? Heck what if you bring aboard a tree? Will security confiscate it along with your scotch?

2.)AUTO-TIPPING. Would you adjust your tips up or down for the room steward if you brought your own 2-ply toilet paper?

You have to be joking. Please tell me you are:D

Adjust it UP if your room steward has the good sense to confiscate your stash and spare you a cruise with a blocked toilet and the wrath of other cruisers on your sewer line.

Roy

On the chance that you are serious and not just bored this morning and looking for some off-the-wall thing to post, I'll make two suggestions and a request --

1. change cruise lines. Surely if this is so important to you, you'll be happier on a different line that meets your bathroom tissue requirements

2. change brands at home so they more closely match the Celebrity offering so the contrast won't seem so great when you cruise

And the request:

If you insist on bringing your own, please let us know which cruises and cabin numbers you have so we won't book anywhere near you, so when you cause a plumbing problem none of us will be affected while they repair the system.

:):rolleyes::):rolleyes::)

Bring flushable wipes (or non-flushable if they are the best) in TSA-proof, sealed baggies. After use, put them in (different) sealed bag to take to your next port, and dispose of them in a land-based trash can. Everyone is happy and smelling sweet without plumbing clogs.

Benefit: you don't have to pack underwear...class dismissed!

OK Guys, please read this:

The sewer system onboard require special toilet paper, that is supplied by the cruise line.

DO NOT use your own "home" brand, DO NOT use wet tissues or any other thing than the line's supplied items.

People complain about clogged-up toilets, sewer smells etc... They cause it themselves in most cases.

If you MUST use 2-ply tissue, double over the ship's toilet paper! It's designed for the delicate plumbing on the ship.

ONLY flush the ship's toilet paper. Do not flush tissues, wet-wipes, tampons, diapers....NOTHING but the toilet paper the ship provides!

Wow, another tp thread...

If you plan on wiping with your own, try tp that is septic system

safe. It breaks down much easier and probably would not harm the ships delicate plumbing. To be safe, i'd either use the provided product or I would just hold it til you get to shore, take your own fancy "bottom soft wipe" and use it in a public restroom.

Its time for the moderator to flush this thread for good.

1.)What is the limit? Is it like alcohol? Are you allowed to bring 2 rolls of 2-ply? What if you bring just one roll of 4-ply? Heck what if you bring aboard a tree? Will security confiscate it along with your scotch?:D

I believe you're allowed 2 rolls PER CABIN, not per person! Doesn't matter if it's a 5-day, 7-day or 15-day cruise ... so you had better make it last if you're doing a long one (you can take that last part 2 ways, by the way)! ;)

Come on folks. It's a joke!:D Hey OP can you believe this?

agree. Remember the brass polishers admiration thread a little over a month ago? Everyone (except for two or three) knew that was a tongue-in-cheek from the very beginning and everyone jumped right into the spirit of it. This one is amazing. :confused:

I believe you're allowed 2 rolls PER CABIN, not per person! Doesn't matter if it's a 5-day, 7-day or 15-day cruise ... so you had better make it last if you're doing a long one (you can take that last part 2 ways, by the way)! ;)

I thought I read on Celebrity's FAQ page that it's 25 sheets per cheek. So, assuming two of you are in the room, that would be 100 sheets total.

On our last Celebrity cruise, I got the Premium T.P. package for my wife and the Classic package for me. Was it worth it? We were both very satisfied. Did we use more because we had the package? Definitely yes on sea days; maybe not on days in port. But it was worth it to us to not have to think about it every time. YMMV.

RICK

On our last Celebrity cruise, I got the Premium T.P. package for my wife and the Classic package for me. Was it worth it? We were both very satisfied. Did we use more because we had the package? Definitely yes on sea days; maybe not on days in port. But it was worth it to us to not have to think about it every time. YMMV.

RICK

Now that is a Premium package we could go for. Did the package police check your usage of Classic versus your wife's Premium everyday to make sure you were not cheating? Were you allowed to take any of the Premium stuff off the ship on port days?

Did the package police check your usage of Classic versus your wife's Premium everyday to make sure you were not cheating?

We did not cheat, and after the first day our cabin steward knew our personal preferences and always had a fresh roll for each of us in the bathroom when we returned from the MDR.

RICK

I thought I read on Celebrity's FAQ page that it's 25 sheets per cheek. So, assuming two of you are in the room, that would be 100 sheets total.

Gosh, that's not much. I thought I had read about the 2 rolls per cabin rule somewhere. Maybe the rule has changed.

Archived