Teeth whitening

and one very painful dental surgery later, I would never recommend anything other than a licensed dentist to do this type of procedure. It's not worth having a tooth literally disintegrate from the dental dehydration caused by the treatment applied by an "amateur".

NO...DO NOT DO IT ON THE SHIP! Teeth whitening can cause EXTREME sensitivity...that is NOT something you want to deal with on vacation! Get some Crest Whitestrips....they work wonders! And, use Sensodyne while you're doing it.

Why someone would trust others than either a dentist or yourself with your teeth is beyond me!

Why in the world would anyone even consider dental work on a cruise. Next you will be asking for botox or fat removal.

DON

This could give a whole new meaning to a "Med Cruise" :D

Folks I use my dentist here at home and have bleach trays. I just saw it listed in spa services and was wondering if people actually did it, and if there was a dentist onboard. My choppers will stay safe while cruising.

While I would never do it on a cruise in a million years, on Independence there was a guy one night on the Royal Promenade having his teeth whitened. I think they gave it to him for free if he would basically sit there and have it done in front of everyone to advertise it.

I did it on when I was on Oasis (I know, I know, what was I thinking?!) I, thankfully, didn't experience any dental issues as a result, however, the results weren't remarkable. For me, it was just a waste of money and time. Use the money you'd spend on tooth whitening on a massage or a fabulous excursion instead ;)

I personally would not have it done anywhere but at my dentist.

The beauticians on board are just that and have no dental training.

I had mine done at the dentist it cost me £300 and I have about 5 appointments before during and after the treatment over about 6 weeks. I had not problems except a bit of sensitivity, during the treatment, which quickley cleared up.

The results are brilliant and I am very satisfied.

A word of warning though, whitening will only whiten your own natural teeth, if you have any visible fillings, veneers or caps etc they will not whiten.

Save your money and have it done back home.

Has anyone had this procedure done while cruising? Did they do a good job? Did you teeth hurt afterwards, how long did it take? etc, etc. Just wondering

I would consider doing this right up there with getting brain surgery or plastic surgery on a cruise.:rolleyes:

Archived