Mein Schiff II news

wwcruisers

It makes me sad to see what they did the our favorite ship -- I hate the script scrawled all over her hull --- it looks like graffiti :(

Never noticed that before you mentioned it, but I have to agree - it's tacky looking. They must be competing with NCL for the ugliest paint job award. ;)

Never noticed that before you mentioned it, but I have to agree - it's tacky looking. They must be competing with NCL for the ugliest paint job award. ;)

Outside, tacky. Inside different story. Go to youtube and look at sone videos taken inside the ship - it is GORGEOUS!

Wife and I were on her (Mercury) last Celebrity cruise and by the time we docked back in Baltimore the entire pool deck was stripped and there were German workers and engineers working all over the ship.

Looks like they made some very nice improvements to what was one of our favorite Celebrity ships.

http://tuicruises.com/mein-schiff-2/

bosco

Sad to hear she's had a prang, but glad nobody injured. Celebrity Mercury was my first ship. Fond memories. Personally I think she looks pretty funky now. They needed to update her inside and they've done a good job. Now the big question. If they can put a ship locator and bridgecam with playback facility on Mein Schiff II, ex-Mercury why can't they do that with the ships in the Celebrity fleet?

Phil

Sad to hear she's had a prang, but glad nobody injured. Celebrity Mercury was my first ship. Fond memories. Personally I think she looks pretty funky now. They needed to update her inside and they've done a good job. Now the big question. If they can put a ship locator and bridgecam with playback facility on Mein Schiff II, ex-Mercury why can't they do that with the ships in the Celebrity fleet?

Phil

$$$$$:D

Dave

Loved, Loved her as Mercury! We went into that cruise with low expectations as it was clear she was nearing the end of her service with X and she had just gone through multiple sailings highly plagued by noro (made our local news here in Charleston every day for weeks!). But despite all that we found her to be a really lovely ship with a warm, intimate feel.

Wife and I were on her (Mercury) last Celebrity cruise and by the time we docked back in Baltimore the entire pool deck was stripped and there were German workers and engineers working all over the ship.

Looks like they made some very nice improvements to what was one of our favorite Celebrity ships.

http://tuicruises.com/mein-schiff-2/

bosco

So true. The refurb guys were swarming like ants.

Wonderful, fond memories of that last cruise, i.e. Fellow passengers were sooooo nice! Crew was TOP-NOTCH as always. We met new Captain at Captain's table. Very personable w/lovely wife. We knew Chief Engineer from previous cruises. Asked for a "memento". At cocktail party in Captain's office he asked Captain and I wound up with a plaque from the wall. Delivered on last day. It stands on the mantle as I type. This cruise and the final one on Zenith are my very favorites. Most others come very close. In a picture of the handover there is a picture of flowers in its place (:))

So true. The refurb guys were swarming like ants.

Wonderful, fond memories of that last cruise, i.e. Fellow passengers were sooooo nice! Crew was TOP-NOTCH as always. We met new Captain at Captain's table. Very personable w/lovely wife. We knew Chief Engineer from previous cruises. Asked for a "memento". At cocktail party in Captain's office he asked Captain and I wound up with a plaque from the wall. Delivered on last day. It stands on the mantle as I type. This cruise and the final one on Zenith are my very favorites. Most others come very close. In a picture of the handover there is a picture of flowers in its place (:))

My nicest cruise memories were of that final cruise also. It's an experience that I just don't think can ever be duplicated. Did we meet? I was also at dinner at the Cpt. table but did not realize he had a wife. Also had dinner with Ugo the last formal night.

One of the nicest things regarding crew was that my waiter gave me his "Mercury closing team" shirt. How often does something like that happen? The crew on this final cruise were the best ever. And I would love to see what Tui has done to the interior. Maybe someday.

Archived