Royal Caribbean changes my cabin with no notification

tocanada

Royal Caribbean just changed my cabin on the Allure transatlantic crossing on April 19.

About a year ago, I booked 11329 which is the last aft cabin on Boardwalk. From the cabin, you have a great view of the Aqua Shows.

They changed me to 11713 which has not nearly as good a view.

I suspect the reason for the change is that they are planning to start the construction of new aft suites during the crossing.

What upsets me is that they just make the change without even the courtesy of notifying either me or my travel agent. I only found out when checking my booking on-line.

I realiize they can do anything they want under the terms of the contract but I had hoped they would at least tell me first and let me select another cabin.

Andrew

Royal Caribbean just changed my cabin on the Allure transatlantic crossing on April 19.

About a year ago, I booked 11329 which is the last aft cabin on Boardwalk. From the cabin, you have a great view of the Aqua Shows.

I suspect the reason for the change is that they are planning to start the construction of new aft suites during the crossing.

What upsets me is that they just make the change without even the courtesy of notifying either me or my travel agent. I only found out when checking my booking on-line.

I realiize they can do anything they want under the terms of the contract but I had hoped they would at least tell me first and let me select another cabin.

Andrew

Looks like they might be renovating Allure just like they did OASIS. Sorry about that and many had their cabins changed to accommodate OASIS drydock.

Looks like those public balconies will be gone from Allure as well. I love the cabin 11329 and have it next week on OASIS

Andrew

That is bad customer relations.

Suggestion: look and see what other cabins in your category are available, and maybe you will find one that you like better than 11713.

:)

Then call and make your request.

They obviously didn't learn from all the upset people when they did this on the Oasis.:rolleyes:

Why don't you look at available cabins, and have your TA contact them to come up with an acceptable Plan B?

Andrew

Hi Andrew, saw your post. So sorry that happened. Hope you get it sorted out. I did Legend out of Quebec in November. Now I know why you spend so much time in warmer climes. I have never been so cold in my life. :eek:

How about 8321?

I prefer to be on a higher deck to be closer to the pools and sports area.

I ended up switching to a D2 balcony. Luckily, the price had come down so it did not cost any extra.

I just wish Royal Caribbean had contacted me first.

Andrew

I prefer to be on a higher deck to be closer to the pools and sports area.

I ended up switching to a D2 balcony. Luckily, the price had come down so it did not cost any extra.

I just wish Royal Caribbean had contacted me first.

Andrew

Perfect! Good for you. Now you have an even better view, imho;)

Yep, sounds pretty much like what they´ve did to those in the same cabins on the Oasis after the TA.... and then they´ve started to remodel the cabins for the new Grand Suites...

I don´t want to have one of the Aqua Theater Suites for the TA :D:eek:!! Might be a bit noisy...

steamboats

I spend hours pouring over deck plans to pick my cabins so wouldn't be happy, but it is a right that they retain in the cruise contract.

They may have the right, but they sure could handle it better! Have they ever heard of the device called a telephone? It's a nifty little gadget that allows two entities in different locations to communicate!:rolleyes:

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should!:eek:

Did you mark your reservation as do not upgrade? If not, then they can move you to a higher category and not say a word. I always mark do not upgrade to avoid losing the room I carefully picked out.

I am down for an automatic upgrade but they just moved me to another B1 balcony in a worse location.

I was just lucky that I noticed the change and was able to move to an outside balcony while there was still one available.

Royal Caribbean can do whatever they like but I had hoped that as a Pinnacle member they would have at least shown the courtesy of making a phone call.

Andrew

Did you mark your reservation as do not upgrade? If not, then they can move you to a higher category and not say a word. I always mark do not upgrade to avoid losing the room I carefully picked out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hi, Sherilyn - where do you mark that in your reservation? I want to make sure they don't upgrade me (I have a FV for my cruise on Monday and I do not want to be upgraded to concierge or aqua!)

Thanks.

Mosey

Hi, Sherilyn - where do you mark that in your reservation? I want to make sure they don't upgrade me (I have a FV for my cruise on Monday and I do not want to be upgraded to concierge or aqua!)

Thanks.

Mosey

following...we can't find that place to check it online either...

Thanks.

Mosey

I think you're on the wrong board - this is a discussion about RC, FV/C1/Aqua are categories on Celebrity ;)

However, on RC you log into your cruise account and click on the Profile tab and then on Upgrade Preferences

Edited by Bobal

They obviously didn't learn from all the upset people when they did this on the Oasis.:rolleyes:

I think they learned just fine. The TA is about the cheapest per day cruise ever run on Allure. The Europe cruises AFTER dry dock are high priced. They don't want to have those new GS's offline for a number of weeks after dry dock so they are getting a jump start on the TA.

I think you're on the wrong board - this is a discussion about RC, FV/C1/Aqua are categories on Celebrity ;)

However, on RC you log into your cruise account and click on the Profile tab and then on Upgrade Preferences

thanks - I figured the RC process would be similar to Celebrity, but darned if I can't find it on the Celebrity site....

thanks - I figured the RC process would be similar to Celebrity, but darned if I can't find it on the Celebrity site....

No, they don't have it on Celebrity.

Btw, don't blame you for wanting to hang onto an FV cabin - we've had them twice on Millie, best balconies ever :)

Edited by Bobal

They also changed my Boardwalk Balcony Cabin for the TA on the Allure in April. I had one near the Aqua Theatre and in the sun but now they booked me in a cabin on a lower level, not in the sun and further away from the Aqua Theatre.

I booked in June to be sure of a good cabin. I'm not amused.

My TA called RCI and changed my cabin back to the sunny side but again one level lower and not even near the Aqua Theatre.

Although they have the right to change cabins I think at least they had to inform me. Not happy! That's why I will make the effort to email RCI and ask for compensation.

I will keep you informed.

Johanna from Holland

They also changed my Boardwalk Balcony Cabin for the TA on the Allure in April. I had one near the Aqua Theatre and in the sun but now they booked me in a cabin on a lower level, not in the sun and further away from the Aqua Theatre.

I booked in June to be sure of a good cabin. I'm not amused.

My TA called RCI and changed my cabin back to the sunny side but again one level lower and not even near the Aqua Theatre.

Although they have the right to change cabins I think at least they had to inform me. Not happy! That's why I will make the effort to email RCI and ask for compensation.

I will keep you informed.

Johanna from Holland

Read my response from the other thread I started. I too was moved and now am paying more. Conflict resolution basically said to bad for you.

Andrew

They did the same thing to me on the Oasis sailing 11/29/14.

Took me out of 11329 and put me in the last cabin at the beginning of the boardwalk which i did not want.

Good luck getting it rectified.

Bill

Oasis did this to me last year for last Novembers sailing. They sent my sister and I an email that each of our cabins would be relocated (12729, 12727) deeper into the boardwalk area above the carousel PLUS $100 obc for each of our staterooms for our troubles.

I wasn't satisfied with the location and we were found 2 other cabins in a more desirable location near the theater. (10321, 10323)

It worked out in the end, but unlike OP's experience, we WERE notified of the changes by email AND were given $100 obc without asking :confused: