Decide Carnival Vista vs Royal Allure of The Seas

Hi Need help in deciding between these 2 cruises. I am traveling with a 5 Year Old Boy so the kids activity is the most important decision criteria

Carnival Vista - 6 Days Caribbean Cruise v/s Harmony of Seas 7 Days Caribbean Cruise

Both the price is exactly the same and the dates are in March... We did had one cruise 3 years ago on Disney Dream.

Decided on these two as these are the newest ships with lots of kids activity... others i thought of were Celebrity Reflection and HAL Koningsdam and Disney Magic from San Juan in April..

Edited by ThandiChai

Hi Need help in deciding between these 2 cruises. I am traveling with a 5 Year Old Boy so the kids activity is the most important decision criteria

Carnival Vista - 6 Days Mediterranean Cruise v/s Allure of Seas 7 Days Mediterranean Cruise

Both the price is exactly the same and the dates are in March... We did had one cruise 3 years ago on Disney Dream.

Decided on these two as these are the newest ships with lots of kids activity... others i thought of were Celebrity Reflection and HAL Koningsdam and Disney Magic from San Juan in April..

Ummm, I dont think either of those ships are in the Med.... you either have the wrong ships or the wrong destination.

Carnival Vista - 6 Days Mediterranean Cruise v/s Allure of Seas 7 Days Mediterranean Cruise

Pick Allure.

Neither one of these ships will be sailing the Med as far as i can tell? Where are you seeing these itineraries?

Bill

You might be looking at an old brochure because i don't think Vista or Allure are scheduled to be in the Mediterranean any time in the next couple of years.

We sailed both the Vista and the Breeze in the Med (2016 and 2012 respectively), and I really wasn't impressed with the Vista. There seemed to be a lot of quirks with the ship (temperature in common areas such as the dining room was boiling or freezing) is just one example. Of course design is very subjective and depends on your personal taste, but I found the ship to feel very cold and impersonal compared to the Breeze. (I know you're not asking about the Breeze, but another "newer" ship you may want to consider).

I haven't been on the Allure, so I look forward to reading the responses to this thread.

Allure.

My kids (3yr & 5yr at the time) have been on Allure and can't wait for the next one this year. TONS of activities and entertainment for the kids.

My friends have taken their kids on Disney (something) and on Allure. They agree that Allure is just better.

So Allure.

I love Carnival, but you stated it's mostly for a 5 yr old. I would go with the Allure.

The kids splash area looks nice, along with the other entertainment you both will enjoy, such as the Ice Show, Parades with Characters, Aqua Theatre, boardwalk area with Carousel.

Plus, if they're the same price, I would go with 7 days. A boardwalk balcony would also be fun for a 5 yr old. Aqua theatre shows can be watched from your balcony.

I would go on YouTube and show my kid videos and see their reaction.

Whatever you decide, have fun.:)

I am confused, so are you considering the Allure or the Harmony? This is important because the Allure has much fewer children's activities compared to the Harmony. Where the Harmony has the water park and the abyss slide, the Allure only has a children's splash pool. Not to mention the Harmony has much nicer room decor when compared the Allure.

If the choice is between Allure and Vista, I will go with Vista because it has more activity for kids (water park, imax, sky ride, rope course). If between Harmony and Vista, then Harmony wins.

Edited by PCHENG

I am confused, so are you considering the Allure or the Harmony? This is important because the Allure has much fewer children's activities compared to the Harmony. Where the Harmony has the water park and the abyss slide, the Allure only has a children's splash pool. Not to mention the Harmony has much nicer room decor when compared the Allure.

If the choice is between Allure and Vista, I will go with Vista because it has more activity for kids (water park, imax, sky ride, rope course). If between Harmony and Vista, then Harmony wins.

While Harmony has an expanded area, Allure definitely has the H20 Zone. The only major differences I'm aware of are the slides and the expanded H20 Zone. Both ships have two rock walls, a zip line, flow riders, mini golf, sports court, Boardwalk with carousel, etc.

Edited by irun5k

Carnival Vista - 6 Days Caribbean Cruise v/s Harmony of Seas 7 Days Caribbean Cruise

Since your son is 5 make sure that you check out the height restrictions on some of the slides and activities. The waterslides on Harmony have a minimum 48" requirement while the dry slide requires a minimum height of 44". There are also height restrictions on the flowrider. Not sure anout the zipline and rock wall. It would be unfortunate to pick a ship with all these activities that he could not use.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Any time you can get an extra day onboard for the exact same money, the decision is a no brainer. That happened to us several years ago -- we were considering RCL 5 night out of Bayonne to Bermuda vs NCL 7 night out of NYC, NCL won for the extra days at less cost.

No brainer.

Michael

Thanks for highlighting height requirement he is only 42 inches :(

And I am looking between harmony and vista ... was unable to edit ktlybesrlier post so all this confusion

I am checking with carnival what is the height requirement for slides as in harmony he will not be able to use any i guess

I have been on Oasis, Allure and Harmony. I have an 8 day cruise booked on Vista but it is almost as much as the Harmony cruise. We booked it for the destinations because it is going places we haven't been to yet. I hope I am not disappointed with the ship or the crowds though.

I have been on Royal's Allure and Oasis (Harmony's sisters) and Carnival's Dream, Magic and Breeze (Vista's sisters) I don't have kids but I would still say the Harmony if costs are the same. I know that both lines have made some differences/upgrades on their newest ships but I very much prefer the layout of the Oasis class (Harmony for you)

That being said, for a Carnival ship, the class that the Vista is in is a much better layout then my only other Carnival ship, which was the much smaller Miracle...I felt like I was forever walking down hallways on that one.

Go for the Harmony! Great H2O zone for you child (even if he can't do the slides) and then you still get great entertainment. Plus 7 days is always better for the same cost :)

Edited by KG1924

I have a 6 year old (and a 10 year old). I don't think that it would be good for or family to go on an Oasis class ship until my youngest is tall enough - infact - I think we could all end up having a miserable vacation listening to her complain about not being able to do things..

As a result - we choose Navigatir when she was 4 and going on Liberty in April (6yo)...maybe in 2 years we will get to try Harmony!

That being said - Adventure Ocean is a blast for kiddos! If he is an athletic boy who would enjoy dodge ball like games - there would be a benefit to him being 6yo when your cruise to hang with the 6-8 year olds and play Gaga ball all night!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I am in the same boat. Just returned from a 7 day Carnival Magic cruise with 3 kids aged 10 to 15, and they loved it. I got a little bored of the nightly activities a few days in. And, there were lots of partiers on board, which is fine, but that's not us.

I would love to try the Oasis class ship on the RCL line, but worry the kids will miss the water slide. Is the water area too basic for 2 11 year olds? Looks like mostly kids under 7 in the photos.

... Is the water area too basic for 2 11 year olds? Looks like mostly kids under 7 in the photos.

I would think the 11 year olds would be bored in the kiddie pool area. Most likely they would prefer the adult pool.

I have been on Royal's Allure and Oasis (Harmony's sisters) and Carnival's Dream, Magic and Breeze (Vista's sisters) I don't have kids but I would still say the Harmony if costs are the same. I know that both lines have made some differences/upgrades on their newest ships but I very much prefer the layout of the Oasis class (Harmony for you)

That being said, for a Carnival ship, the class that the Vista is in is a much better layout then my only other Carnival ship, which was the much smaller Miracle...I felt like I was forever walking down hallways on that one.

Go for the Harmony! Great H2O zone for you child (even if he can't do the slides) and then you still get great entertainment. Plus 7 days is always better for the same cost :)

Full disclosure, vista is not a Sister to any Carnival ship. It's significantly bigger than any of the Dream Class with a lot of new features and Pax.

Choosing between Carnival's newest ship and RCCL's newest ship for the same money and an extra day would be about the easiest cruising decision EVER.

I would also put the water and Ice shows in the area of kid friendly activities and no Carnival ship can touch that!

Agsin, easy decision. For same money, I would take any Oasis class, Freedom or Voyager class over Vista.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums