Royals smallest ship Majesty of the seas

erb4230

Actually Empress of the Seas is RCI's smallest active ship. :) But Majesty is still a very nice ship that has provided us with some very good memories of our earliest days of cruising, when she was the largest and most modern cruise ship afloat!

...I should add, along with her sister ships Sovereign and Monarch!

...I should add, along with her sister ships Sovereign and Monarch!

The three ships had some of the smallest cabins. Royal Caribbean had a reputation back then for tiny cabins. Couldn't even put the beds together in my cabin on Monarch. My very first cruise was on Monarch. I think they may have been the first ships with atriums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When launched Majesty was a mega ship and one of the biggest cruise ships afloat, given another 25 years how big will Oasis seem if still in service.:)

so true, i wonder just how big they can actually make them before the basically become their own floating country

Sailed on her once she was considered one of the biggest ships in the fleet and a ship worthy of the name. Majesty.

Getting ready to sail on her again on the 20th and taking a bunch of family that have never sailed. Shes a good ship to get hooked on cruising.

I have been on the Majesty many times, she is my favorite. The crew is excellent, I like the smaller sized ships better, it's easier to get around. Maybe it is because my first cruise was on the Sovereign.

I like small ships. Majesty may be smaller than many ships sailing these days but it is not small. Small ships are like what Azamara and Oceania sail. A smaller size ship would be HAL ships like Veendam, not Majesty. The only thing smaller about Sovereign class that many cabins are small. Majesty is not a ship I would book unless it had a unique itinerary.

Sailed on her once she was considered one of the biggest ships in the fleet and a ship worthy of the name. Majesty.

Getting ready to sail on her again on the 20th and taking a bunch of family that have never sailed. Shes a good ship to get hooked on cruising.

time flies, im waiting to see the oasis class be classed as "Small"

Your first cruise is always kinda special, and mine was on Majesty. My mom called and said "Hey, wanna go on a cruise? 4 nights, $376 including the fees and taxes, and you get your own room?"

How could I say no? :)

My favorite moment came when tendering back from Cococay. I'd spoken with the Captain during formal night and, since we were on the very last tender returning, he was on the bridge preparing to take her out and looking down at us. I fired off a jaunty salute as we got close and he turned to someone behind him. A few moments later the ship's horn tooted for maybe a second. Yep, hooked on cruising after that. :D

I just returned from the 70,000 Tons of Metal charter cruise on Independence...but for the first five sailings it was hosted on Majesty and the cruise is named after Majesty and her tonnage. The ship is still beloved by the "survivors" of those first five sailings and when it came time to move up to a Freedom class in 2015, they kept the name out of homage to the Majesty. (Also, 154,000 Tons of Metal doesn't roll off the tongue as well. :p )

Your first cruise is always kinda special, and mine was on Majesty. My mom called and said "Hey, wanna go on a cruise? 4 nights, $376 including the fees and taxes, and you get your own room?"

How could I say no? :)

Funny - our very first cruise was probably our least favorite. We were on Allure, and it was WAY too big for us to start out on. Then we hit Freedom. Ah the Freedom! SHE will hold a very special place in our hearts. Then Enchantment which we liked. Next up - MAJESTY. I'm finding I like the smaller ships. However, I am disappointed that Majesty does not have a specialty dining venue (other than JR) like Chops or Giovanis. We've loved them both on separate ships.

I just hope that my liver is ready for the challenge. Based on the most recent "live periscope" review - there is a lot of drinking to be done. Better start practicing now!

When launched Majesty was a mega ship and one of the biggest cruise ships afloat, given another 25 years how big will Oasis seem if still in service.:)

Some people get really irritated when someone brings up an old dead thread by replying to it, but in this case, I hope someone answers you in 2042, but chances are CC will archive it before then.

Funny - our very first cruise was probably our least favorite. We were on Allure, and it was WAY too big for us to start out on. Then we hit Freedom. Ah the Freedom! SHE will hold a very special place in our hearts. Then Enchantment which we liked.

Oh, I can totally see that. But to a landlocked guy like me (I've never lived that close to the ocean) I thought the whole experience was magical. And I thought Majesty was HUGE! (Then I learned better. :) )

Next up - MAJESTY. I'm finding I like the smaller ships. However, I am disappointed that Majesty does not have a specialty dining venue (other than JR) like Chops or Giovanis. We've loved them both on separate ships.

Don't overlook the Compass Deli, which I think is exclusive to Majesty and is fee-included (so it's "free"). It took a day to find but it was great.

The Cruise Compass said "Rumor has it the Captain likes to eat there" and I rolled my eyes...yeah, whatever. But when I ate there the first time, guess who was sitting catty-corner behind me? :D

I just hope that my liver is ready for the challenge. Based on the most recent "live periscope" review - there is a lot of drinking to be done. Better start practicing now!

I just returned from the biggest-drinking cruise hosted by Royal, and probably the biggest-drinking cruise in the world. There are no alcohol packages offered, because Royal would lose tons of money on 'em. There were 61 bands performing, 4 stages including the largest open-air structure built at sea, and a lot of beer-guzzling black-clad metalheads.

One person posted their drinking tab: $1,643. And this was on a 4-night cruise! :eek:

• 1 month later...

I just booked a 3 day on Majesty. I never thought I would cruise on this size ship but I love the Atrium vs Royal Promenade & I LOVE Coco Cay & needed a weekend to relax. Some reviews I just read were good & got me excited. My first cruise was the Radiance & I love the smaller ships with windows everywhere & an active piano bar

My wife said that if Majesty had been the first ship I had taken her on, it would have been the last...

I don't think that we will ever sail on her again, I was happy to get of the ship after 3 nts. With that said, we have done 21 nts straight on Legend and I wouldn't mind to go back even if Royal have better ships i.m.o.

• 6 months later...