Live - Anthem of the Seas 4/9/17 - 4/17/17

We arrived at the terminal at 9:10 and our bags were dropped off by 9:15. Checked in and waiting to be able to board. The boarding will be delayed due to a small stomach virus outbreak on the previous cruise. Boarding will not start until 11-11:30 and rooms will not be available until 1:30 instead of 1pm.

There are 4 of us on this cruise, two adults and two teenage boys. We have a grand suite balcony and a regular balcony room next to each other. I'm seriously hoping they sanitize this ship really good. We are super excited for our 8 night cruise and will be sharing some pictures and information along the way (when time allows). 99b54afe7ed7e54ed4673b8a6b4a88ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We arrived at the terminal at 9:10 and our bags were dropped off by 9:15. Checked in and waiting to be able to board. The boarding will be delayed due to a small stomach virus outbreak on the previous cruise. Boarding will not start until 11-11:30 and rooms will not be available until 1:30 instead of 1pm.

There are 4 of us on this cruise, two adults and two teenage boys. We have a grand suite balcony and a regular balcony room next to each other. I'm seriously hoping they sanitize this ship really good. We are super excited for our 8 night cruise and will be sharing some pictures and information along the way (when time allows). 99b54afe7ed7e54ed4673b8a6b4a88ce.jpg

When my wife says, We, in this post she means, I. Me and the kids will be off doing all the cruise stuff while she takes the pictures and posts, lol.

Well, we did the bumper cars right as we got on the ship, before eating in windjammer.

db7e385f1b170b3f086bb554658b9bdc.jpg

25c3721ce6f63c157e0998786f7e0342.jpg

Got into our rooms eArlier than they anticipated, a little after 1pm. And started eating our fruit tray.

3ba739824bde207208d1f63473205cab.jpg

Suites include the Wow band so, will see how good or bad this thing is.

You'll love the ship. We did a 12 niter on the Quantum & a 9 niter on the Anthem. We're scheduled for another 12 niter on the Anthem in Jan. '18 and looking forward to it as we do not have the hassle of a flight.

Hope you have reserves for the entertainment, North Star & I-Fly--You'll enjoy them all.

Well, we did the bumper cars right as we got on the ship, before eating in windjammer.

db7e385f1b170b3f086bb554658b9bdc.jpg

25c3721ce6f63c157e0998786f7e0342.jpg

Got into our rooms eArlier than they anticipated, a little after 1pm. And started eating our fruit tray.

3ba739824bde207208d1f63473205cab.jpg

Suites include the Wow band so, will see how good or bad this thing is.

We will be going on May 6 and was wondering what time do the bumper cars open on embarkation day? Thanks for the review and have a great time.

So we set sail and I was so busy unpacking that I didn't realize it. As my husband already showed, we stopped at our main dining room (Chic) after the muster drill to find our table. The Steward introduced herself to us and our kids already, very friendly and eager to please. We asked her to open the balcony between our two rooms and she said she will contact the supervisor or whoever it is she needs to get permission from.

My husband and 14 yr old son are signed up for the PADI scuba certification so we are at the Dive center for their first meet up.

So far the staff has all been nice and welcoming. The Windjammer was very crowded but the food was good. A bit hard to find a table but at least the food was decent. I plan on trying Two70 at some point. My 17 year old is already heading to gym.

The ship is really nice although I'm not sure if I love the deck plans. We are on the 10th floor and getting an elevator up is almost impossible, it is a long wait and they are all full by the time they reach the 10th floor. Quite honestly, the rooms are a lot smaller than previous cruises, I'm not sure if it's just this ship or quantum ships as a whole. We were on Indepenece of the Seas last year with the same room type and our room was definitely much bigger. Our kids have a regular balcony room which was pretty narrow in my opinion. We have a grand suite. My husband had them decorate our room for our Anniversary, they also decorated my kids room for a birthday (17 yr old is turning 18 at the end of the month). So far, I'm happy and excited. My 14 year and I signed up for the sushi making class for day 7 which should be a lot of fun.

Okay... will check in later...76aadc6b7fcbe64fc2f70b05b1242094.jpg9a15a87717824d809697ef8edd407eb7.jpgd57895d7997bb952b1fd42b0bdccd523.jpgda88b6db114416e8d9bb3405143d8947.jpg1b90ae0c08fce1b897fa2a9742644cd0.jpg

Edited by sromano516

We board the 17th, so PLEASE everyone wash those hands!!!!!

Marg

We just returned from this cruise. We don't have stomach problems but my husband and I caught severe cold and cough. Hope the other doesn't get us. What a way to spoil a vacation. Neither one of us were sick when we boarded

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are in a grand suite you should eat in Coastal Kitchen. Much better than main dining room. It is for suite guests. It is usually just dinner but I think Grand Suite can have breakfast and lunch there. You don't need to do windjammer. It is always crowded and you can't find a seat

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ship is really nice although I'm not sure if I love the deck plans. We are on the 10th floor and getting an elevator up is almost impossible, it is a long wait and they are all full by the time they reach the 10th floor.

The elevators are bad the first day, with everyone getting on the ship. It's fine all other times, except when a show gets out.

While I don't mind spending extra on the specialty dining, we usually enjoy the staff in the MDR and find it to be a more personal experience.

I had the chicken Marsala and added the mashed potatoes to it

29f10cc76172b93f5079d2caa57b2c9e.jpg

Sromano516/wifey had the salmon

016306237630041674007dcd313c27c1.jpg

Have seen many complaints about the Royal IQ App:

26d72b770437f1ce1da3e3e828781cbd.jpg

When you try to push an app and even have devices all across the ship which access your account using it, you should probably ensure it works. Haven't been able to access our calendar most of the day. So I can't cancel any scheduled activities, until I speak to concierge again tomorrow, since calendar doesn't work.