Anthem during jersey week

We are booked on the nov 4 sailing on the anthem out of NJ

I was looking online and found very few rooms left for that week, (none that will fit 4 people) is it likely thr the ship would be sold out because of jersey week.how bad is it and should we change to another week ( $250) more to go the week before. Any suggestion or information would be great

What is Jersey Week? :confused:

Edited: I just googled it....lived here all of my life and have never heard this phrase before. It refers to "Teachers Convention" according to the website. Kids are off from school Thursday and Friday. The rules in the NJ school system are pretty strict. If families are going on vacation, due to two days off.......I don't know. The school systems don't really allow it anymore. Perhaps there are a lot of "home schooled" children?

Edited by champagne123
ssssss

What is Jersey Week? :confused:

Edited: I just googled it....lived here all of my life and have never heard this phrase before. It refers to "Teachers Convention" according to the website. Kids are off from school Thursday and Friday. The rules in the NJ school system are pretty strict. If families are going on vacation, due to two days off.......I don't know. The school systems don't really allow it anymore. Perhaps there are a lot of "home schooled" children?

I've taken my kids out this week several times, we get the Tuesday off for Veterans Day, many schools do. The workload that week is very light, since the schools know so many families vacation that week. On cruises, I overheard so many passengers complain about all of the kids, because it was unexpected. At Disney, references were made about jersey week at shows - "anyone from jersey here?!"

I've taken my kids out this week several times, we get the Tuesday off for Veterans Day, many schools do. The workload that week is very light, since the schools know so many families vacation that week. On cruises, I overheard so many passengers complain about all of the kids, because it was unexpected. At Disney, references were made about jersey week at shows - "anyone from jersey here?!"

Ahhh...forgot about Veterans Day. I guess it all makes sense. I will keep it in mind to never cruise that week! Lol:')

Jersey week always referred to the first week in November at Disney- cause school districts close 3 (Tuesday- election day, Thursday/Friday NJEA convention) out of the 5 days that week and often parents use that week to take a vacation with their kids.

Never heard it used in reference to anything or anywhere else....

Bernadette

Edited by BratDet
add

My husband and I are retired NJ teachers and we booked Anthem October 28 to take daughter and granddaughter. We decided that we would have less Jersey kids that week because of the "jersey week" vacation madness. Our granddaughter is only in Kindergarten and we decided we could certainly fill any education loss during that time period. I would definitely not go during "jersey week" it would pretty much resemble spring break:eek:

I'm from Jersey. I'm actually taking my kids out for the first time this week and we're doing Allure. But yes it's always been called Teachers Convention and with Election day (1/2 day) the kids have off most of the week.

I think NJ is the only one who does this so it's called Jersey week because a lot of NJ families go on vacation that week.

I'm from Jersey. I'm actually taking my kids out for the first time this week and we're doing Allure. But yes it's always been called Teachers Convention and with Election day (1/2 day) the kids have off most of the week.

I think NJ is the only one who does this so it's called Jersey week because a lot of NJ families go on vacation that week.

If it's a Teacher's convention, the teachers will be in Atlantic City. LOL

We've done many vacations during Jersey Week with the kids. We are booked on the Jersey Week Cruise and going without any kids (my son is 29 so he doesn't count any longer). I don't mind the kids. I'm a 50 something kid myself :)

Our school district does shortened school days Monday through Wednesday along with parent teacher conferences in the afternoon/evening, and then have off for the NJEA convention. Very little learning takes place on the shortened days, at least in elementary school. This is the first time we're taking a vacation during this week, and yes, we're on the November 4th Anthem sailing with our 10 and 7 year old experienced cruisers.

We are booked on the nov 4 sailing on the anthem out of NJ

I was looking online and found very few rooms left for that week, (none that will fit 4 people) is it likely thr the ship would be sold out because of jersey week.how bad is it and should we change to another week ( $250) more to go the week before. Any suggestion or information would be great

Jersey Week, parents usually take their kids for vacation outside Jersey. I don't understand why there would be a lack of rooms available around this area as it isn't a vacation spot. Where are you looking for rooms?

Jersey Week, parents usually take their kids for vacation outside Jersey. I don't understand why there would be a lack of rooms available around this area as it isn't a vacation spot. Where are you looking for rooms?

I think the rooms being discussed are cabins on the ship.

Our school district does shortened school days Monday through Wednesday along with parent teacher conferences in the afternoon/evening, and then have off for the NJEA convention. Very little learning takes place on the shortened days, at least in elementary school. This is the first time we're taking a vacation during this week, and yes, we're on the November 4th Anthem sailing with our 10 and 7 year old experienced cruisers.

You're in Hackettstown and we're in Flanders. Our 1/2 days are only through middle school. Once in HS, they have full days on Mon-Wed of that week (my youngest is a freshman, oldest in college). We haven't been able to do Jersey Week in the last 4 years because our HS still does plenty of teaching that week. Have a great time!!!

I had to laugh. We ( yes i work for a school) don't get a week anymore ( not in years) we only get 2 days. Thursday and Friday.

Also, call Royal. They could have rooms available they do not list all avalible on the web site...heck half the time the site doesn't even work