Hotels near Miami Cruise Port?

Kingofcool1947

DW and I will be taking a cruise to Panama Canal round trip from Miami. Want to stay 3 days pre-cruise.

Looking for a recommendation for a clean, quiet, non-smoking hotel near the Miami Cruise Port. Prefer hotel with included breakfast, free shuttle service from Miami Airport, and free/fee shuttle from hotel to the cruise port. Price below $200/Night.

Or recommendation to stay at a quiet hotel in South Beach area.?

Thanks.

Hampton Brickell gets great reviews and is pretty close to the port. We had booked a room there until we got a better price on Priceline Express for the Kimpton Epic ($117) vs $174 for the Hampton. Brickell and Port area hotels are most popular with cruisers it seems, and great deals can be had if you're willing to take a chance on Priceline. I used the better bidding dot com site to guide me.

None of the cruise port area hotels have free shuttles, and many have paid shuttles but it seems that most people Uber or take a taxi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only a few hotels out near the MIA airport offer both airport and port shuttles - and that is not the area where you want to spend 3 days.

When do you cruise? Budget? The $300+ room in Feb can go for under $100 in August.

In general, hotels in the downtown area will offer local dining/shopping and sight seeing options - besides the Mary Brickell area hotels popular suggestions include the Hyatt, Intercontinental, Doubletree and a couple of Marriott options. If you can afford SB that could be even more fun. :cool:

Forget about the free shuttles. Any hotel with both is likely not a great hotel, and also not in the area you want to be in. Any hotel with the airport shuttle, is an airport hotel.

You want to stay in either Miami Beach or Downtown/Brickell area. Since you are staying 3-days I would recommend staying in Miami Beach. The amount of hotels there are endless. If you want a little less touristy part of town and closer to the port than Downtown Miami and Brickell will be great as well. Miami Beach is about a 20-25 min drive to the port. Downtown is about a 5-7 min drive to the port and Brickell is about 10mins. From Downtown or Brickell a Cab/Uber will be between $6.00-$15.00 with Uber almost always being the cheapest.

Again, Downtown and Brickell have endless hotel options. Hampton Brickell being one of the most popular. There is also EAST, YVE Hotel, Holiday Inn Port Miami, and some other higher priced hotels. But if you look online you might be able to get some decent deals.

Thank you. The cruise is in October, Ocean to Ocean Panama Canal cruise, Miami to San Francisco.

So, as many have suggested, for 3 day pre-cruise hotel stay in Miami, I will better off in Downtown, South Beach, or Brickell. Good restaurants, Art Deco buildings, shopping? I'll check Hotels.com/Trivsgo.com. Something like Marriott, Hyatt, or a Art Deco ($$$?) style hotel would be my preference and price range.

Are these areas safe to walk around in the evening? After dinner strolls? Will probably use Uber/taxi/hotel shuttle to get around and from hotel to the Miami Cruise Port.

Thank you.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Thank you. The cruise is in October, Ocean to Ocean Panama Canal cruise, Miami to San Francisco.

So, as many have suggested, for 3 day pre-cruise hotel stay in Miami, I will better off in Downtown, South Beach, or Brickell. Good restaurants, Art Deco buildings, shopping? I'll check Hotels.com/Trivsgo.com. Something like Marriott, Hyatt, or a Art Deco ($$$?) style hotel would be my preference and price range.

Are these areas safe to walk around in the evening? After dinner strolls? Will probably use Uber/taxi/hotel shuttle to get around and from hotel to the Miami Cruise Port.

Thank you.

Yes, all areas are safe to walk around. Brickell and South Beach especially. Downtown in the smaller streets can get pretty quite at night, and there is a homeless population there, but crime is not a major concern in any of the areas.

Art Deco is almost all in Miami Beach. Tons of large chain hotels to find. Come by here on the forum and let us know where you are thinking of booking specifically and we can give you even more info.

We have stayed at The Stiles on Collins Ave in South Beach. Small boutique hotel close to beach, restaurants and shopping. Easy Uber to port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you!

I'll check it out.

DW and I will be taking a cruise to Panama Canal round trip from Miami.

Both cruises sound interesting, but can't find one that ends in San Francisco or one that goes to the Canal from Miami and back again. Could you please supply the titles for those cruises and dates so we can check them out? Thanks!

Sorry, I must have been enjoying a few too many glasses of my Pappy Van Winkle 23 Year Family Reserve Bourbon when I was posting. I forgot where and when I was cruising from. My bad.

:)

Panama Canal Ocean to Ocean. 15 days. October 12, 2017, Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco. Princess Cruises. Pre-cruise hotel Miami.

Cuba. May 20, 2018. 7 days. Round trip Miami. Oceania Cruises. Pre and Post cruise Miami.

From previous posts, I think I would like to stay on or near South Beach or, Brickell areas. For safety, night life, restaurants, shopping, museums, Art Deco buildings.

Also, how about the Coconut Grove area of Miami ?

Thanks for any Miami hotel recommendations.

Edited by Kingofcool1947