2BDR Aquatheater (A2) suite guarantee

We just booked a 2 Bdr Aqua theatre suite guarantee on Harmony for March 2019. The only Star class suites that were left on that sailing was the Star Loft suite or the one we grabbed. Any idea what type of room exactly we will end up with? Has anyone had any experience with booking a guarantee A2 in the past? I know the process is usually they will book it up and you get what is left but there were not any A2s left to begin with, that's what has me confused? I'm guessing it will either be Deck 9, 10 but is there a chance I would end up with a non-aqua theater star class suite?

You can’t count on guessing what you might get with a guarantee based on what is currently available. Sometimes they will hold rooms back from booking (so say they make 5 guaranteed bookings available, the computer may take rooms off the booking system once it’s down to 5 rooms left. They also will play the upsell game leading up to sailing which can create a domino effect to opening up lower room classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To my knowledge, there is only 1 category of A2 and that's the 2 BR Aqua Theater Suite. While I have never heard of an A2 GTY before today, I would be confident that you will get a 2 BR ATS on either Deck 9 or 10. There are only 4 A2's. I don't see how they could give you anything other than 1 of these 4 staterooms.

To my knowledge, there is only 1 category of A2 and that's the 2 BR Aqua Theater Suite. While I have never heard of an A2 GTY before today, I would be confident that you will get a 2 BR ATS on either Deck 9 or 10. There are only 4 A2's. I don't see how they could give you anything other than 1 of these 4 staterooms.

Thanks Raye!

Sabrina [emoji6]

Or a higher class....

My friend did a SL GTY and ended up with the Grand Loft. Nice upgrade.

The only other thing you could get is an A1 or Royal Loft Suite since you booked a 2 bd 2 bath. All of the other Star classes do not qualify.

Come back and let us know what you end up with.

My friend did a SL GTY and ended up with the Grand Loft. Nice upgrade.

The only other thing you could get is an A1 or Royal Loft Suite since you booked a 2 bd 2 bath. All of the other Star classes do not qualify.

Come back and let us know what you end up with.

What I am afraid of is if I end up with the star loft. It's beautiful but I wanted the 2 bdr since I'm travelling with kids too. Is the star loft considered higher in category than an A1 or A2?

What I am afraid of is if I end up with the star loft. It's beautiful but I wanted the 2 bdr since I'm travelling with kids too. Is the star loft considered higher in category than an A1 or A2?

Not sure if it’s considered a higher class but the Sky/Star Loft is often priced slightly higher than the 2 BR ATS. I suspect that’s b/c it’s on deck 17.

Not sure if it’s considered a higher class but the Sky/Star Loft is often priced slightly higher than the 2 BR ATS. I suspect that’s b/c it’s on deck 17.

I think I agree with you. I always go with the fact that they are priced higher makes them higher ranked. I think the price is higher because of deck 17 and maybe because they can occupy less guests. You know a profit margin/spread idea, otherwise they are a tie in my mind.

We upgraded (paid) to move from a crown loft suite on Harmony to a 2 bedroom aqua-theater suite because the deal was pretty good and we wanted the separate bedrooms like yourself.

When my TA arranged the change in booking, Royal showed it as A2 guarantee and didn't assign the exact room until around 60 days before the cruise and my agent figured they wouldn't actually assign until final payment.

I was a little nervous as well and had my agent communicate with Royal (several times) that I would be unwilling to accept anything other than an A-2 (decks 9 & 10) or an A-1 (deck 8).

We were assigned an A-2 on deck 9 starboard side and will be enjoying the star class amenities next month!

I hope your situation works out as well.

Steve

Loved the aft suite - had that 4 years ago, me, my two daughters and 2 grandkids. Lived on our deck 10 balc. Kids played musical beds - slept in the inside bedroom most nights, in the living room 2 nights as a sleepover with their aunt. 2 full baths made it we all were able to get ready and go easily with little waiting around. Wanted to go that way this year, but they were all sold out before I got booked, so ended up with 2 rooms. Hope you do not get tooo high up - harder to see the acua theather - there are practices there too, so the kids were happy always something to see! Even watching the climbing wall, oh and the ocean.

We book Owner's Suites on Oasis class but have given some thought to Aqua Theater Suites. "Hump" OS cabins are amazing...plenty of room inside and an amazingly large balcony. Nice and quiet for napping and just peacefully gazing at the ocean. We have heard that Aqua Theater Suites are noisy and that if you want peace and serenity on your deck they aren't for you. Is this true? Are they kinda loud? We also heard they aren't that private.

We have heard that Aqua Theater Suites are noisy and that if you want peace and serenity on your deck they aren't for you. Is this true? Are they kinda loud? We also heard they aren't that private.

I will admit that there is often ambient noise in the Aqua Theater area whether it's in the ATS or just the aft Boardwalk balcony rooms. If you really sensitive to noise then these might not be the rooms for you. As far as privacy goes, I suppose that, compared to the privacy of an oceanview balcony, the ATS wouldn't be that private but the balcony is so big and curves around 270 degrees so there is always an ocean-facing section if you insist on having complete privacy. The views, enormous balcony and huge stateroom has always made up for any noise or privacy shortfalls, however. For me, the biggest down side of the ATS is the long walk to get there !

We've done 2 A1s and 1 A2 so I think the thrill of the ATS is probably gone for us at this point. Been there, done that...but we do enjoy Star Class so we will, most likely, stick with Deck 17 from now on when we are able to travel in Star Class. I will always recommend the 2 BR ATS though. If you haven't done one, I say go for it.