Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

ziacruising, I understand completely, now that I know you were "teaching." We have and still have about 3 teachers in our large Beshear's family. I have said this more than one time, and I'll say it again......"I feel for any person that wants to be a teacher in this day and I'll give them credit." Years ago, the children as well the parents showed respect for the teacher, now it is a different story. I know there are exceptions to the rule, but I really feel for teachers now days.

As I have mentioned before, I have decided at that point, that I am NOT ready to retire, but when everyone knows my age, they THINK I should. Most people don't think I look as old as I am, which is good for me. HA

Are you ready for this.....my friend, since Kindergarden, she and I are taking a cruise together after 25 years. We took our first one 25 years ago, and now we plan to do the FOTS the end of April. :) As she said, who knows, this may be our last trip together. (In the past 25 years, I have taken at least 16 cruises, but with other people.)

Down to 36 days in the office and 55 days till we spend 31 days on the Golden Princess

I'm just a bit jealous!!! My husband said he would pay for a trip for me as my retirement present (he doesn't cruise) but if I'd ask for that he would probably have a heart attack...lol

As I have mentioned before, I have decided at that point, that I am NOT ready to retire, but when everyone knows my age, they THINK I should. Most people don't think I look as old as I am, which is good for me. HA

Are you ready for this.....my friend, since Kindergarden, she and I are taking a cruise together after 25 years. We took our first one 25 years ago, and now we plan to do the FOTS the end of April. :) As she said, who knows, this may be our last trip together. (In the past 25 years, I have taken at least 16 cruises, but with other people.)

Enjoy it!! I've got 2 planned right now...one in March and one in July.

Note of interest...this rollcall started in 2009!!! So most have retired....we are the next group!!!:)

Well alrighty. Here's what wolfram alpha told me today. But that doesn't subtract 2 weeks of cruising and about 10 vaca days. use3a3a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put in my letter a few weeks ago. I finish on the last teacher day of this year. The day keeps on changing because of the snow. I have 5 trips planned between now and the end of 2014. Looking forward to retirement:)

It doesn't appear the storms out your way are ever going to end, so you will never retire:eek: Just kidding, congrats on your impending retirement.

Me, only 11 mos and 4 days to go!

It doesn't appear the storms out your way are ever going to end, so you will never retire:eek: Just kidding, congrats on your impending retirement.

Me, only 11 mos and 4 days to go!

Gotcha!! Of the last 10 possible school days, we have only been in school 5. It's going to be a long June.

I may have previously posted that I own a business - a growing business - and right now, don't plan to retire. But I am hoping that next year we will do 2 long cruises - a 33 day and a 28 day - so we need to keep working to pay for them.

My older daughter, 30, just started a new job January 1. Apparently she is having "issues" and she told me at dinner 2 weeks ago, that she has only 29 years, 11 months and 2 weeks until retirement :)

And my younger daughter, 27, married a well off accountant and decided she didn't like her job and quit. Rather than calling her unemployed I call her "retired."

sorry - this isn't meant in any sort of negative way towards those who have put in 30 years or more....the kids want to go straight to retirement!!

gary

Wow, all I can say is that I hope that these young people who don't want to work and want to "retire" young can live below their means and don't plan to have kids or expenses as they age.

Kids and college are VERY expensive. Most kids want the "Friends" lifestyle without the "boring" job. Somehow TV and "reality" shows make everything seem so "easy and fun." It is concerning that they aren't saving and trying to slowly move their way up in the work world while they are young and have their health and mental abilities without a lot of other distractions like kids and aging parents.

Oh well, it takes all kinds to make a world. We have one kiddo who is working one full-time job and a part-time job that makes nearly as much as his full-time job. He finds both enjoyable so far and is able to make a very comfortable living. Our other kiddo is still working to get healthy enough that she CAN hold any sort of job--we are working with a doc that is trying different options and we are all very hopeful.

My husband and I put both of our kids through college so they don't have college loans. (We also paid for our own college ourselves.)Now it's our time!! However, like some of you, I have one working and already saving for his retirement and saving for their kid's education at 30. The other one has still not gotten her act together at almost 40. Not working, living on ex-husband's child support. Go figure!!