A Carnival guy on Freedom OTS, The WOW factor: A pictorial review

Once the cabins opened up, we went to our room to drop off the carry on luggage. We were both surprised and happy to see that our checked bags were there waiting on us. We had room 9399, an interior cabin at the very back of the ship. While I was glad to see that the room was bigger than the one we had on Monarch; it was still smaller than the interior cabins that we have had on Carnival. Once I slid the bed against one wall, and put the coffee table in the closet the room was much easier to move around in.

There are two things that they really did right in the rooms: the little sofa to sit on while watching TV, and the sliding doors on the shower. It was very nice not getting molested by the dreaded “attack shower curtain”. The water pressure in the shower was very strong. I also liked that they made the switch to flat screen LCD televisions in the rooms. They take up less space, and are mounted on a nice swivel bracket for aiming in different directions.

Our cabin (pre-mod)

232323232%7Ffp43372%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D32973%3B%3A248326nu0mrj

...and post-mod

232323232%7Ffp43369%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D32973%3B%3A%3B35326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43363%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D32973%3B49%3B%3A326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43348%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D32973%3B%3A255326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43359%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D32973%3B49%3C5326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43367%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D32973%3B%3A268326nu0mrj

I was on the week before you and I'm jealous. I wish I would have taken more time to take photographs. I think you have everything covered. Good job. I didn't get that many of the Promenade and everything you took.

what a great review, so far... That ship is so big, I would need a b2b just to get through it all. ;)

When I was on the navigator I felt like I never made it "outside".... I wonder if this class has more outdoor spaces then the navigator did???:confused:

I was on the week before you and I'm jealous. I wish I would have taken more time to take photographs. I think you have everything covered. Good job. I didn't get that many of the Promenade and everything you took.

Just right click on the ones you like and save them to your computer by selecting Save As, rename them if you wish and browse for a file location to save them to. This could be a already existing folder or a new one created for these shots. They are fairly low resolution (50 to 70 KB) shots for displaying on a monitor but if you have Vista premium or photo software on your computer there is an edit option when viewing pictures that can resize the shot so a quite good 4 X 6 print (usually 100KB minimum file size needed) can be made. Actually I have printed 4 X 6 pictures from file sizes in this range with pretty fair results but equipment for downloading your files at a commercial picture processing location may give you a warning message. Just select ignore or continue.

I sure Glady won't mind if you save his shots for future enjoyment.

Great pics! BTW--what kind of power strip is that? Looks nice and compact.

It's a Belkin and any big store will have them. The nice thing is the two USB connections on the end to charge devices.

hi, can i ask a quick question?

we are also on deck nine aft...did you feel the ship moving more back there?

we have always been mid-ship and was wondering if there was a big difference in the motion you felt.

we are bringing our kids on their first cruise and i am not sure how they are going to react, as far as motion sickness...we booked aft on deck nine because they have the balcony with the inside connecting room.

i am prepared with motion eaze and ginger so even if it is bad i'm hopefully covered:)

I'm hooked. Love to read these reports, no matter what ship. It just so happens that we are booked for this ship in December, so it's really special to us.

Thanks for the photos, and your review of the ship.

Great job so far, can't wait to read more!

Grady - We too really appreciate this review......will be sailing on her end of January :D.......have been on the Liberty last year and are really looking forward to sailing on the Freedom........it will be the very first cruise for my two sisters and they are soooo excited (59 & 67)...

The pics included in the review make it even more special....

Grady, great pics!

Does anybody know something about the Morgan-sportscar in the promenade? I guess on our april 09-cruise this was an other one... more light blue and there were two passengers inside :-). Our son loved it!

http://picasaweb.google.com/swisscruiser/Cruise200902#5339282339654429154

http://picasaweb.google.com/swisscruiser/Cruise200902#5339282950256946146

Any idea?

Archived