Animal Towels

Tropix33

It really depends upon your Room Steward. On our Eastern Med cruise earlier this on the Crown Princess, our Steward, Jon teated us to two wonderful towel animals. He got great pleasure from our reaction and we left our towel Doggie on the table and dressed him differently each day. The towel Monkey was hanging from the ceiling from a clothes hanger and he greeted us as we entered the cabin. However, it is true that Princess does not have many practitioners of towel art as Carnival.

While towel animals may be cute I'd personally really rather that my cabin steward spends his/her time cleaning my cabin. I just don't constantly need to be entertained. When we sailed RCCL last year they were into towel animals big time which was okay until our steward went into the closet and re-hung something to acquire the hanger she needed. I was not a happy person as I considered that an invasion of privacy.

Hi!

I enjoy towel animals on a cruise so when on Princess asked the steward if he knew how to make them & he did make us a dog which we kept.

I don't recall getting any chocolates on the Emerald Princess tho'.,

nor on RCI Freedom. Guess you have to buy your own.;)

~Jo~ :)

Having had quite a few towel animals on both of our RCI cruises this year it was a suprise to find one (a Lobster) in our Suite on our 2nd Ruby cruise 14to 24th Nov...... :D

Last year we had non but surely that would not spoil someones cruise? or would it!!!! then again we shared a Transfer from Miami to FLL with a guy who works for Seabourne who was telling us that on the ships last trip one woman complained because non had been left in her cabin ....!!

I just heard that Princess does not do the little animal towels in the rooms. I was really looking forward to that! I wonder why they don't do it. :rolleyes:

The optimist in me says, that they are trying to help protect the environment. Most people don't use the towels used for those animals, so they go back into the laundry at some point without really being used, thus affecting the environment with increased energy consumption and waste.

The cynical b*#<$ in me says, it's a financial thing. Apart from the time it takes to make them, during which the steward could clean another cabin, they need more towels available, more energy, water and detergent for laundry, etc.

The truth is probably somewhere in-between.:D

I have loved towel animals/"people" on other cruise lines but never expect them on Princess. It takes time to make them and I suppose that with so many cabins to maintain, taking time to make towel things just isn't feasible.

I just heard that Princess does not do the little animal towels in the rooms. I was really looking forward to that! I wonder why they don't do it. :rolleyes:

More of a myth, bad rumor spread by others, in my opinion:D

They are not as popular as on other ships but we got them without asking on Golden Princess. On Sapphire Princess we got them once after I mentioned how much I missed them. Someone told me to ask the steward. They do it, just differently, which is NOT the same as reading here, which I did, that it's no-no on Princess. If it's important, ask and it shall be given, seek and he shall find and the rest.

More of a myth, bad rumor spread by others, in my opinion:D

Well I wouldn't necessarily call it a myth or bad rumor! Most of the posters here are just reporting their own personal experiences and unlike other ships where towel animals are a common expectation, on Princess they are likely the exception rather than the rule. Many people are rightly reporting that they have never received a towel animal on a Princess Cruise and that is likely accurate.

We have found after many Princess cruises that towel animals are sort of a hit or miss experience. We didn't see one at all during our first Princess cruise and I was sort of expecting them as we had always received them on other lines. But, it wasn't really a big disappointment. On our next Princess cruise, we got two during our 15 nights. Since then we have found if we do get them, it might be on one or two nights if at all. I do believe that because we are traveling with our children, we are more likely to get one of the little critters at some point. On our recent two week Alaska trip our Steward really outdid himself. We got four and two were really small and ornate with little taped on faces. I was most impressed!

To be honest, I have actually come to enjoy them more on Princess because since I don't expect them anymore, when they do appear it really is a fun surprise. As others have said, your steward will likely go out of his or her way to please you, so if you let it be known that you would love a towel animal, I'm sure you will get one.

Well I wouldn't necessarily call it a myth or bad rumor! Most of the posters here are just reporting their own personal experiences and unlike other ships where towel animals are a common expectation, on Princess they are likely the exception rather than the rule. Many people are rightly reporting that they have never received a towel animal on a Princess Cruise and that is likely accurate.

Yes!! I agree. God forbid if we post our actual experiences. :eek: For fear of being called liars. :mad:

Yes!! I agree. God forbid if we post our actual experiences. :eek: For fear of being called liars. :mad:

Well said! But for those that doubt us relaying what WE have experienced with only having a cruise or two on Princess to compare it with, oh well! In MY opinion of course! ;)

Okay, in quizzing other, more experienced, cruise passengers about their ratings of various lines (we have nothing to compare- only two cruises, both Princess) we found that the people who rated Royal Caribbean above Princess gave reasons such as: more activities, two-storied dining rooms and...towel animals. I kind of decided that I must not be a RCI person. ;)

Princess they are likely the exception rather than the rule. Many people are rightly reporting that they have never received a towel animal on a Princess Cruise and that is likely accurate.

First I agree, they are an expection. Luckily for me I enjoy having them and was fortunate enough to have gotten them, especially on my last cruise. I READ on this board by experienced cruisers (greater than 2 cruises) that they were NOT done, period (not the same as seldom, not often). I guess OP read the same post I did.

BTW, I said in my opinion with a grin:D, meaning like most things on the internet take with a grain of salt. I must say having them on both (two, 2, dos, tres if I book the free one) Princess cruises, I am merely luckier than others. If my luck holds in Las Vegas this weekend, I will be up to 24 cruises soon but never on any one line;):D

Archived