Latest Splendor Collision-with photos!

Wanna_Cruize

Well, considering the fact that she is still docked in PV, how many want to bet she does not make it to Cabo tomorrow. Oh, they may stop there, for what little time they can, but they might as well skip it altogether at this point. I'm sure all those happy cruisers today will start becoming a little more anxious in the next few hours.

Well, considering the fact that she is still docked in PV, how many want to bet she does not make it to Cabo tomorrow. Oh, they may stop there, for what little time they can, but they might as well skip it altogether at this point. I'm sure all those happy cruisers today will start becoming a little more anxious in the next few hours.

If people onboard a cruise ship get upset about missed ports or delays then they are "moron's" who don't read their cruise pre-boarding documents. It's the chance that you take when you board a cruise ship.......It's "Murphy's Law"......if something can go wrong it will!

You pay your money you takes your chances......

We've cruised over 20 times, on many different lines. We've had "things" happen......that said; they've never run out of food, drink, pools, spa or entertainment or nap time!!!!!!!

Dont worry about the driving skills of the Capitain...he only 'drives the ship' in open waters...its the local pilot who drives into and out of port...

(because they are familiar with the local waters...lol--perhaps an updated map would help--lol) ;)

~~Edited to say... POSTING FROM WORK COMPUTER ;)

With the exception of the Panama Canal the captain never surrenders the controls of the ship to the Harbor Pilot.

Worthless trivia, but thought you'd like to know :)

If people onboard a cruise ship get upset about missed ports or delays then they are "moron's" who don't read their cruise pre-boarding documents. It's the chance that you take when you board a cruise ship.......It's "Murphy's Law"......if something can go wrong it will!

We've cruised over 20 times, on many different lines. We've had "things" happen......that said; they've never run out of food, drink, pools, spa or entertainment or nap time!!!!!!!

Well hell.......with that kind of thinking.....you might as well bet it all on red:rolleyes:

We sail on the Splendor in March. How some ever- about one more "little bump" and we may decide to switch to another ship. This seems a lot of bumping in a short period of time. Yes, I know things happen. But one begins to wonder if there is a visibility problem or a steering problem or something. I don't think it is the captain since there have been at least 2. I don't know the statistics but this seems a lot. I may need to try and see if I can find some statistics on ships having these little oopsies as regularly as the Splendor seems to be having them.

Good grief!!!!! I'm going on the Splendor 1/31/10, now I'm a little worried about the driving skills of the Captain. LOL of course the guys at the pier might be a little worried too!

You may not have to worry about that. He could be reassigned to the MDR by then. :D

Live aboard the Splendor, which has had yet another collision in Mexico - this time with a pier jetty - We're sitting here for a second day in Puerto Vallarta, because the repairs are 'taking a little longer than anticipated'. We decided to see what Splendor had hit - see links below, since the photos are too large:

http://picasaweb.google.com/WannaCruize/20091217#5416240010219435010

We're off to see if we can get photos of the damage to Splendor, since a picture is worth a thousand words.

ANOTHER Carnival collision! With all he accidents surrounding the Splendour she along with the Destiny are 2 ships to AVOID like the plague with all their problems. I would think CCL would take extra percautions with a ship like the Splendour which can't seem to mind her own business and keeps bumping into other vessels and objects as she does.

No thank you...if Mr. Arison is not going to head these incidents and take the necessary steps to stop them form happening in this chronic fashion..I would not risk my safety with his company.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Morons if they are upset that they missed 1 or possibly more ports because the captain ran the cruise ship into a pier??

They would have every right to be upset. The chance a passenger takes when cruising is with bad weather, crime, or other things that the cruise line cannot help. THEN and only then should there be no issue with missed ports. If Im missing a port because the captain broke the ship and it needed to be repaired for an extensive amount of time causing me to miss ports, please believe Im going to be upset and rightfully so.

Archived