Latest Splendor Collision-with photos!

Wanna_Cruize

I really don't quite get this uber loyalty to a cruise line- which ever one it is. Or the competition. They are both businesses (since it is largely RCCL and CC here). They both do similar things, one better at some things, the other better at other things. But the similarities are surely more apparent than are their differences. Neither are without fault. Neither are without wonder. Do you also feel this way about grocery stores? Or department stores? I can't say I have ever heard such arguments over whether this grocery store was all but perfect and that one terrible in all ways. Get a grip folks- on both sides. This is what the internet does, I suspect.

Amen.

We were on the Mariner of the Seas which was in port along side of the Carnival Splendor in PV on Thursday. I was able to get a picture of the hole in the Splendor while walking back to our ship. I only took one picture and it isn't the best but here it is. This picture was taken about 3 hours before the Splendor left for Cabo. We didn't see any activity so I am assuming the ship was already repaired.

Thanks for posting this! After a MAJOR tangent, we can get back to the point!:)

Thanks for posting this! After a MAJOR tangent, we can get back to the point!:)

As Darth says, thank you for posting the picture.

Topless sunbathing is also allowed on your balcony....87.gif

You can !!!!!

Guess that explains my signature huh :p

We were on this sailing also, and as Wanna_Cruise said, the captain was most apologetic about the incident in PV, taking full responsibility.

We did the "Behind the Fun" tour and spoke with the captain at great length; I felt really sorry for him. Three days after the fact he was still pretty shaken by what happened, and said that it was a "miracle" that he survived the fall he took while inspecting the repair work that had been done! I think it was worse than he let on during the debarkation talk, and was perhaps the real reason we needed to spend the night in PV. (I certainly wouldn't want to take controls of a ship after having just suffered a head injury!) He did mention, also, some of the previous incidents involving the Splendor and said that perhaps the ship needs an exorcism! :eek:

We didn't feel a thing when we hit the pier; didn't even know about it 'til later in the day when Goose came over the intercom and mentioned we'd be in port longer than expected. I love Mazatlan and am sad I missed a day there, but did it ruin my vacation? Heck no! 80+ and sunny anywhere beats the 18 degrees we left when we flew to Long Beach.

Personally, I think even with the "issues" I'd rather be on her than in a car.

Now, can we get back to the exctement of going on a cruise, any cruise!! And im simply overwhelmed with excitement to see your photos and videos from the cruise

Hey CCL'ers

Just off the Radiance of the Seas and we were in PV on Friday and I will tell you the pier had a lot of Damage......A Lot!

The good news....... these passengers got to stay in PV an extra day and miss Mazatlan.......Not sure what will happen to the Captain but I will say he is a gonner.......You can not have that much damage to the pier......and just say, don't do it again. These Captains have 3200 passengers to take care of.....They are the CEO of the ship and they have to take responsibility. I am sorry that the Splendor is getting a bad rap but maybe it is a bit to big to dock in PV.

Carnival Cruisers........Hang on when your docking and have the camera ready to show us all what you have to go thru.... :eek:

Mike

One poster mentioned there should be a web site that catalogs all the cruise ship incidents. Well, there is - http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events.html - and it exists thanks to those that send them incident reports. I've had lengthy emails with the site's owner, Ross Klein, and he's an awesome guy.

As for Carnival's first ship, here's the story I heard. The ship, named Mardi Gras, ran aground on a sandbar on its very first cruise (when leaving Miami, I think). The very next day, other cruise lines created a new drink, named "Mardi Gras on the Rocks" to honor the incident. I believe you can still order that drink on most ships.

As for Carnival's first ship, here's the story I heard. The ship, named Mardi Gras, ran aground on a sandbar on its very first cruise (when leaving Miami, I think). The very next day, other cruise lines created a new drink, named "Mardi Gras on the Rocks" to honor the incident. I believe you can still order that drink on most ships.

I'd say Carnival got the last laugh on that one, considering their massive success. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just some tidbits of BOOO

The splendor didn't have issues until on its repositioning. On that voyage a man committed suicide. Then it repositioned to dock by the Queen Mary (which is known to have paranormal activity). Wooo could either of these things led to the continual issues? Or is it just as anything else....life happens, things happen, co inky dinks

Archived