Latest Splendor Collision-with photos!

Wanna_Cruize

Please..you carnivalphiles who believe they do nothing wrong. On this board it was reported MORE THAN ONCE the Dream is having staff language barriers. combine that with the threadbare staff in total to keep costs down, again reported on various Carnival brands on this forum. It is a recipe for a tragedy. Already Carnival ships have had three collsions in the past what..3 months? And like the all the problems on the destiny..it is NEVER Carnival's fault..always someone else at blame.

I have a solution!! If you don't like Carnival.....then don't sail on any of their ships!! If you like them, them sail on them.... ;)

This is unacceptable. Complete incompetence...

I would fire this captain. (especially if it's the same one that bumped the RC ship)

I'm sure you were all over the Royal Caribbean captain who crashed the Grandeur of the Seas into the dock at Costa Maya a few years back too, right? ;)

About 2 years ago, we were on the Mexican Riviera on the R.C. Monarch of the Seas. We were anchored off of Catalina Island not too far from the Similar Carnival Ship. As we prepared to sail toward Mexico my wife and I were up on a very quiet deck. Looking toward the Carnival Ship we could hear the band blasting away and people having a ball. My wife looks at me and said, "looks like they are having fun over there!"

I must say, I had an adequate time on the R.C. ship. However, we still prefer Carnival.

I'm sure you were all over the Royal Caribbean captain who crashed the Grandeur of the Seas into the dock at Costa Maya a few years back too, right? ;)

You said it..it was a few years back and not 3 collisions in 3 months. There is something wrong within Carnival..money and schedule is more important than safety it seems.

You said it..it was a few years back and not 3 collisions in 3 months. There is something wrong within Carnival..money and schedule is more important than safety it seems.

Man...talk about a broken record .... almost 180 posts and 98% negative comments towards Carnival Corporation Cruise Lines?????

Some people might start to think you have an agenda...........

Please..you carnivalphiles who believe they do nothing wrong. On this board it was reported MORE THAN ONCE the Dream is having staff language barriers. combine that with the threadbare staff in total to keep costs down, again reported on various Carnival brands on this forum. It is a recipe for a tragedy. Already Carnival ships have had three collsions in the past what..3 months? And like the all the problems on the destiny..it is NEVER Carnival's fault..always someone else at blame.

You talkin to me:confused: ROFLMAO!!!

This is unacceptable. Complete incompetence. At what point does carnival get it's act together? After giving the cruise line 3 try's to get it right (or as close to right as one would expect) I decided to stick with Royal Caribbean. It's a huge shame that people who only travel carnival don't know the others that are out there. I hope people realize you get what you pay for. A few extra dollars goes a LONG way when it comes to picking a cruise line and ship.

I would fire this captain. (especially if it's the same one that bumped the RC ship)

Please do stick with one of the worst cruise lines there is. I to have sailed on RCl, and I could not wait to get off of their ships. Their crew stinks, their CD's stink and the ships stink. I will stay with a cruise line that if fun, fun, fun (and I don't mean in the drinking sort of way because I don't drink or go to bars). There is so much more to do daily of Carnival then there is on RCL and you know it.

Please do stick with one of the worst cruise lines there is. I to have sailed on RCl, and I could not wait to get off of their ships. Their crew stinks, their CD's stink and the ships stink. I will stay with a cruise line that if fun, fun, fun (and I don't mean in the drinking sort of way because I don't drink or go to bars). There is so much more to do daily of Carnival then there is on RCL and you know it.

Yeah you told him:rolleyes: Good grief:rolleyes:

BTW which RCCL ship are you referring to in your signature?

. . . On this board it was reported MORE THAN ONCE the Dream is having staff language barriers. . .

Your math on that comment is absolutely correct . . . because you have mentioned it, yourself, more than once -- despite having not yet sailed on Carnival Dream.

During a very enjoyable recent 9-day sailing on this wonderful ship, I had zero problems having in depth conversation with crew members from multiple areas. Never once with my cabin steward or dining service team did I think "Huh?" I happened up on a few crew who were having conversation with their co-workers in their native languages, and I had no clue whatsoever what they were saying, but that didn't matter. When I needed their assistance, they were readily available to speak to me in my own language.

I have more personal issues with language barriers when I travel to the South portion of my own State. Since I do not personally know the Spanish Language, beyond a few simple phrases, I am often at an impasse with the service requested, and I end up going elsewhere. I don't experience that situation onboard multiple cruise lines I choose to travel, including CCL.

Onboard it's not all about me. There's a partnership between passengers and crew. When I have an issue with a crew member, I search for a way to fix it together.

Speaking of language . . . during my Carnival Dream sailing, I taught my fellow tablemates how to say Thank You in Romanian (I have a limited grip on that language), so we could surprise our head server. The reaction and smile that brought was kinda priceless.

Savoia, I do not know you, and we may never cross paths, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm personally certain I enjoy my vacations more than you do.

Please, do tell. What ships and on what dates were all your RCI cruises?

I really don't quite get this uber loyalty to a cruise line- which ever one it is. Or the competition. They are both businesses (since it is largely RCCL and CC here). They both do similar things, one better at some things, the other better at other things. But the similarities are surely more apparent than are their differences. Neither are without fault. Neither are without wonder. Do you also feel this way about grocery stores? Or department stores? I can't say I have ever heard such arguments over whether this grocery store was all but perfect and that one terrible in all ways. Get a grip folks- on both sides. This is what the internet does, I suspect.

I really don't quite get this uber loyalty to a cruise line- which ever one it is. Or the competition. They are both businesses (since it is largely RCCL and CC here). They both do similar things, one better at some things, the other better at other things. But the similarities are surely more apparent than are their differences. Neither are without fault. Neither are without wonder. Do you also feel this way about grocery stores? Or department stores? I can't say I have ever heard such arguments over whether this grocery store was all but perfect and that one terrible in all ways. Get a grip folks- on both sides. This is what the internet does, I suspect.
I think you are correct. There are certainly more similar things between cruise lines than there are different. And there are strong loyalties (on both sides).

Oh- absolutely on both sides. Brand loyalty to the ninth degree. I imagine people in each of the offices sitting back and enjoying it tremendously. I suspect that the battles and competition here are greater than the vast majority of what the employees experience.

It does seem odd though, that there have been 3 crashes in 3 months. Yes, there have been other incidents in EVERY cruise line's history

(Grandeur of the seas vs. pier in costa maya, and the Enchantment of the seas making contact with a barge in Grand Cayman a few years ago are just a few examples or RCCL's oops'es)

But, again I think everyone is kinda "uptight" about this because there have been two Ship Vs. Ship accidents, and one ship vs. pier accident now (two of which involved the same ship in the same port) in three months.

Anytime an incident happens, it is a marketing problem for the company, but when three incidents happen in a short time frame, it is a PR Disaster!

Just my two cents!

... Enchantment of the seas making contact with a barge in Grand Cayman a few years ago...

The Enchantment is more cursed than the Splendor. EOS has been hit three times (that I know of). The first was when a barge hit her in Key West. The second was when EOS dragged anchor into a barge in GC. The third was the Legend in Cozumel. In all three, the EOS was moored or anchored.

MaritimeMattersShip o'the day: December 19, 1998: MONARCH OF THE SEAS, Royal Caribbean International grazed a reef while departing St. Maarten causing a 40 by 2 meter gash in the starboard hull. Sinking by the head, the Captain grounded her on a sandbar. Passengers were evacuated by fishing boats and local boat owners, no lives were lost. The ship was drydocked for for three months at Atlantic Marine, Mobile, Alabama.

Does anyone remember this? At least none of the Carnival mishaps have come close to sinking. Yet.

MaritimeMattersShip o'the day: December 19, 1998: MONARCH OF THE SEAS, Royal Caribbean International grazed a reef while departing St. Maarten causing a 40 by 2 meter gash in the starboard hull. Sinking by the head, the Captain grounded her on a sandbar. Passengers were evacuated by fishing boats and local boat owners, no lives were lost. The ship was drydocked for for three months at Atlantic Marine, Mobile, Alabama.

Does anyone remember this? At least none of the Carnival mishaps have come close to sinking. Yet.

Wasn't it a Carnival grounding that led to the "Fun Ships" name?

Yep. Duct tape wasn't going to fix that. The reef that is. Might as well have scuttled the Moth of the Seas. Isn't that fossil is approaching 20 years old now?

http://oasis.fortunecity.com/tropicana/431/monarch3.jpg

monarch3.jpg

There is no doubt that Mall of the Seas will graze on all kinds of things. ;):D

So let me get this straight - everything about RCI "stink"? Wow, I had no idea until you said so. You are so articulate with the points you make, you just made me want to sail Carnival exclusively just to meet people like you!:rolleyes:

I don't remember it, but that's a whopper of a "mishap." icon_eek.gif

Archived