Latest Splendor Collision-with photos!

Wanna_Cruize

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Morons if they are upset that they missed 1 or possibly more ports because the captain ran the cruise ship into a pier??

They would have every right to be upset. The chance a passenger takes when cruising is with bad weather, crime, or other things that the cruise line cannot help. THEN and only then should there be no issue with missed ports. If Im missing a port because the captain broke the ship and it needed to be repaired for an extensive amount of time causing me to miss ports, please believe Im going to be upset and rightfully so.

My feelings also. Things over which they have no control- grumpy but understanding. But they absolutely should have control over the ship- and if they don't this seems to me to be a problem.

We were in PV on the Radiance last month when we got hit by the Splendor

That ended with the Captain having chest pains a being transported to the hospital

So this must be a new captain I dont understand the pilot is guiding them and they have the prime docking area of all the cruise lines Maybe that ship is jinxed

We were on the Radiance last month when the Slendor hit us too. Carnival is going to have some high premiums on their insurance. Hope they have Geico! 15 Min will save you 15% .

OK, I'll admit I'm a little paranoid about sailing, flying, driving/riding, but this is getting out of hand. I was on Deck 3 of the Legend when it "brushed against" the Enchantment of the Seas and I felt that Carnival really down played the incident. Then I read about the Splendor bumping the Radiance on CC and never did find any public statements from Carnival on that incident. Now this!!! Does this concern anyone else? Although Splendor and Legend aren't the same class of ship, it makes me wonder if these incidents could be the result of a faulty mechanical design.

Just thinking out loud and I already admitted I'm paranoid, so don't flame me. I would be appreciative of any scientific data that would shoot down my theory because it would at least make me feel better about the ships themselves. However, at that point I would be convinced that the "driving" course for the Carnival captains was inadequate. :D

Oh and for anyone who is curious, I'm on the Carnival boards because I really want to book another Carnival cruise one day, but I'm hesitant to do so as long as the track record looks like this.

We were on the Radiance last month when the Slendor hit us too. Carnival is going to have some high premiums on their insurance. Hope they have Geico! 15 Min will save you 15% .

Wasnt that a trip we were watching from the Balcony and my Gf kept on saying they were going to hit us and of course me bein the confident Navy guy no they wont they can do this with their eyes closed and low and behold we got hit and we didnt even feel anything

The Captain was pretty cocky on his approach speed

You would think after that they would slow it down a little when they get in to port

Archived