Latest Splendor Collision-with photos!

Wanna_Cruize

This is unacceptable. Complete incompetence. At what point does carnival get it's act together? After giving the cruise line 3 try's to get it right (or as close to right as one would expect) I decided to stick with Royal Caribbean. It's a huge shame that people who only travel carnival don't know the others that are out there. I hope people realize you get what you pay for. A few extra dollars goes a LONG way when it comes to picking a cruise line and ship.

I would fire this captain. (especially if it's the same one that bumped the RC ship)

This is unacceptable. Complete incompetence. At what point does carnival get it's act together? After giving the cruise line 3 try's to get it right (or as close to right as one would expect) I decided to stick with Royal Caribbean. It's a huge shame that people who only travel carnival don't know the others that are out there. I hope people realize you get what you pay for. A few extra dollars goes a LONG way when it comes to picking a cruise line and ship.

I would fire this captain. (especially if it's the same one that bumped the RC ship)

RC is boring.....B O R I N G! I'll continue to sail Carnival just for the excitement. As I have said before, matters not to me if we miss a port or two or three. Taking out a pier every once in a while adds to the flavor of the cruise. :D

That's a little extreme, I'm really glad you like RCCL better, I'll stick with Carnival, thanks.

buh bye...thanks for all the great input....

RCCL ships crash into docks and such, too. I also remember one that lost power and had to be towed back to port. Enjoy! :p

Not to stir the pot. But if I recall properly Grandeur hit the dock in Costa Maya.

PS I have sailed that ship and had a great time, dent and all.

Could not agree with you more...Mr. Arison has very little regard for his passengers or his product. Beyond the unsafe conditions I feel exist on all Carnival ships, a crew who does not speak English and totally unimaginative ships and ideas that are recycled brand to brand. Travelling on Carnival is a roll of the dice..and it is NEVER their fault when something goes wrong..and it almost always does.

I'm waiting for another Carnvial collision..it will happen.

All people booking the Splendor now with the ES rate will receive complimentary commemerative funnel shaped crash helmets upon embarkation.

Hey, I think I saw one of those funnel-shaped hard hats. I have a couple of pics I’ve uploaded showing it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/WannaCruize/Pictures#

Perhaps the angel who found out how to make them appear in the thread can work their magic again J.

One more update before my time plan expires. When the announcement finally came in Puerto Vallarta that the repairs had been finished and inspected by Lloyds International, and we were cleared to go on to Cabo, everyone was relieved. I guess it’s true what they say about insurance: don’t leave home without it.

At the past guest party on Thursday, Goose made an announcement that the engineers had ‘found’ a few more horsepower, and that we would stay in Cabo 1 extra hour, and leave at 4pm, everyone cheered. I would assume that we are still on schedule to arrive in Long Beach at the normal time.

We managed to get a couple of pictures of the stern of Splendor while in Cabo. The rumors going around, even on board, about a six-foot hole in the hull were greatly exaggerated. As my DH said, they fixed it the “Navy-way” – scrape it and paint it… I’ve posted the pics in the same Picassa Web Album here: http://picasaweb.google.com/WannaCruize/20091218#

Hey, I think I saw one of those funnel-shaped hard hats. I have a couple of pics I’ve uploaded showing it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/WannaCruize/Pictures#

Perhaps the angel who found out how to make them appear in the thread can work their magic again J.

One more update before my time plan expires. When the announcement finally came in Puerto Vallarta that the repairs had been finished and inspected by Lloyds International, and we were cleared to go on to Cabo, everyone was relieved. I guess it’s true what they say about insurance: don’t leave home without it.

At the past guest party on Thursday, Goose made an announcement that the engineers had ‘found’ a few more horsepower, and that we would stay in Cabo 1 extra hour, and leave at 4pm, everyone cheered. I would assume that we are still on schedule to arrive in Long Beach at the normal time.

We managed to get a couple of pictures of the stern of Splendor while in Cabo. The rumors going around, even on board, about a six-foot hole in the hull were greatly exaggerated. As my DH said, they fixed it the “Navy-way” – scrape it and paint it… I’ve posted the pics in the same Picassa Web Album here: http://picasaweb.google.com/WannaCruize/20091218#

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

Could not agree with you more...Mr. Arison has very little regard for his passengers or his product. Beyond the unsafe conditions I feel exist on all Carnival ships, a crew who does not speak English and totally unimaginative ships and ideas that are recycled brand to brand. Travelling on Carnival is a roll of the dice..and it is NEVER their fault when something goes wrong..and it almost always does.

I'm waiting for another Carnvial collision..it will happen.

Which ship were you on that the crew did not speak English? We've

been on eight of the Carnival ships and had no problem understanding

the crew.

LOL! What do you think:confused:

Please..you carnivalphiles who believe they do nothing wrong. On this board it was reported MORE THAN ONCE the Dream is having staff language barriers. combine that with the threadbare staff in total to keep costs down, again reported on various Carnival brands on this forum. It is a recipe for a tragedy. Already Carnival ships have had three collsions in the past what..3 months? And like the all the problems on the destiny..it is NEVER Carnival's fault..always someone else at blame.

Archived