Ladies do you pack heels?

globalwife

Packing today and want to take a pair of heels (only about 1.5 inches). I am wondering if there would be any problem with the pointy heel getting stuck between boards or something else I am not thinking of about wearing them on the cruise. Can I wear them without problems on the ship?

You won't get the heels caught in anything you wouldn't have trouble with in a hotel or other tropical setting. I never wore heels off the ship, but I wear them to dinner and formal night. I wear low heels 1-1/2 inch.

If that's what you want to take, then take them. My last cruise I packed about 10 different pairs of shoes. My dressy shoes had 3 inch heels and I never got caught in anything - except my DH's pant cuff! :o;)

Do you know my DW? She brought 10 pairs of shoes for a 7 night cruise as well! The only problem she had...from sandals to 4" heels was room to pack them! She solved that by taking up 1/2 of my bag!

The only nights you may not want to wear heels is the first night (getting your sea legs) and any super stormy wavey nights where you actually feel it (tho hard to do on those big ships). And thats if you're not really comfortable wearing them. Otherwise if you're used to drinking and tottering over on dry land with heels you'll be fine on the ship! LOL

Do you know my DW? She brought 10 pairs of shoes for a 7 night cruise as well! The only problem she had...from sandals to 4" heels was room to pack them! She solved that by taking up 1/2 of my bag!

So you are the one who married my twin?!?!?:D

I had the big suitcase and DH had the small one. Normally I would have been charged over weight limit on the suitecase, but thanks to DH's Diamond status with Delta I was able to skate by!:o

This cruise, DH has to share with the kids!:D

I usually bring one pair to wear for dinners. I learnt my lesson after bringing an entire small suitcase full of shoes one cruise and only wore about two pairs of them!

I am horrible at walking in heels though - so it makes it a real challenge for me if the sea is rough!

actually bought some GREAT wedge heels for my last cruise but couldnt wear them cos my feet swelled...would LOVE to be in heels, but end up in the flip-flops/sandals as that is the only thing i can get my feet in...this summer i am in SEARCH of the perfect heel for my december cruise one that will "expand" with my foot:D......

if you can wear them...TAKE THEM...its your vacation...TAKE WHAT YOU WANT and FEEL COMFORTABLE wearing!!!

I take heels for formal night, but they are not high at all. Walking on tiled floors in rough seas can be scary :eek: I just don't have the balance, but if you wear them at home, you can wear them on the ship too....you should be fine!

I wear heels. Just be sure to walk near the railings on rough seas. On formal night once, the ship was really rocking pretty hard, but of course I had to wear heels cause my outfit wouldn't look right otherwise. We take a big wave, and I grab onto the closest person to me just out of instinct, almost took out one of the ship's officers. Luckily, he was nice and strong, and wearing sensible shoes.

The small heels the OP is asking about won't be a problem at all inside. If you are asking about heels worn outside, I don't recall any of the floors being boards, rather indoor/outdoor carpeting or hard, solid flooring, not much wood is used on cruise ships due to fire hazzard. I might worry about slipping on a wet deck in heels, but yours are not very high, just be careful (even in flats).

Your DW and I would be BFFs if we ever met. I like the way she thinks. I usually put stuff in the DH's golf bag!:eek:

To the OP, I take heels on cruises all the time and I'm 63 yrs. old now. Never have had a problem and I've been cruz'n since I was 19!.:D

If that's what you want to take, then take them. My last cruise I packed about 10 different pairs of shoes. My dressy shoes had 3 inch heels and I never got caught in anything - except my DH's pant cuff! :o;)

HOLY COW! :eek:

I don't remember how many pairs I took on my last cruise, but it couldn't have been more than 5-6 pairs at the most. The next cruise, I plan on cutting back to 4 pairs--Birkenstocks, Crocs, sneakers for walking, and high heels for formal nights.

Back to the OP's question, your shoes will be just fine. :)

Heather

Archived